Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's dropped way down the pecking order since we stopped playing with wide men last March mate.

Gerrard clearly sees Arfield, Ojo, Stewart, Jones, Hastie and Kent (if he returns) as better options.

The first round Europa squad omission showed the writing was on the wall imo.

Plus Gerrards response to how Candeias played on Sunday was pretty revealing. He works his socks off there is no doubt about it but far too often his final ball is poor. If he stays he will be no more than a squad player imo.

Anything over £750k and we’re laughing, £1m and can’t really turn it down.

Give him a send off tonight at Ibrox and I think everyone could be happy with it?

He's dropped way down the pecking order since we stopped playing with wide men last March mate.

Gerrard clearly sees Arfield, Ojo, Stewart, Jones, Hastie and Kent (if he returns) as better options.

The first round Europa squad omission showed the writing was on the wall imo.

Thought that was down to Regs regarding home grown players quota.

Torn on this rumour. I feel he's been a good player for us and has made significant contributions to the team however we now have plenty of options in the squad and a few players need to be moved on (though admittedly the new additions haven't really proved themselves yet). On balance, and with a decent fee, I would let him go - though I'm prepared to admit this could be a mistake.

He's 31. If there is a reasonable fee involved we should take it. However that story doesn't seem convincing at all.

He’s contributed well to Rangers and no doubting his work ethic, I love him for that. But I agree with other posters, consistently high quality levels are required from wingers in terms of both delivery and goal scoring and Candeias doesn’t provide that level of consistency.

So with the size of the squad, him moving on probably make sense.

Also, Gerrard is looking to continuously improve our team. Which means we need to get used to current favourites being moved out in favour of better quality. It’s going to keep happening and it’s a good thing.

Slightly concerning ill phill was talking about an £800k bid for candeias quite recently. Would like to think lucky guess but worrying now this story has broke.

That surely can’t be right.

He’s worth more to us as cover. I was thinking £750k-£1m for him would make it worthwhile to sell but not for £300k

exactly, worth more to us as cover if 300k is even nearly true. Seen a few folk say 600k but seen David Edgar reply to one saying the fee was significantly lower than that

Harsh reality is we’re in an awkward position where the squad is too big and we need to offload.

If we can’t offload the first choices we need to work our way down the list.

Thought that was down to Regs regarding home grown players quota.

It certainly didn't help mate, but the signings we've made over the summer make it clear Gerrard is looking for players he feels will be more productive in the positions supporting the striker.

Good point but it also needs to be done in "smaller" games

Candeias performances last season in Europe would also suggest he can do it in bigger games.

We would miss his work rate and link up on the right, I also think he has the better of Tierney, especially defensively
Not to forget he’s put in some very good OF performances in vital wins and scored an OF goal as well

anyway, good luck to him regardless. Been a good signing for us. He gets to head to Turkey and a better way of life.

Be sorry to see him go and I think gambling on Hastie being a better option is a bit risky. Thought he could be a decent squad option for the next year or two.

He’s contributed well to Rangers and no doubting his work ethic, I love him for that. But I agree with other posters, consistently high quality levels are required from wingers in terms of both delivery and goal scoring and Candeias doesn’t provide that level of consistency.

So with the size of the squad, him moving on probably make sense.

Also, Gerrard is looking to continuously improve our team. Which means we need to get used to current favourites being moved out in favour of better quality. It’s going to keep happening and it’s a good thing.

He provided more than Kent last year if you’re basing it on goals and assists yet most would give their left baw for Kent.

I like Candeias but the truth is he can hit some very ordinary moments in a match as well as pull out some sensational ones.
He is one of those players that if someone asks you in twenty years time if you can remember much about him playing you will find it actually very easy to recall some of those wonderful moments he has produced, yet he won't be remembered as a great player.
Had he been able to play consistently at his best he would be awesome.
Enigmatic sums him up.

I'd really prefer he just stayed, the wings are our weakest options IMO.

We've not played with wingers in our past dozen or so games though mate.

Gerrard is looking for 2 players that score and assist regularly to support the striker.

It worked very well with Kent and Arfield towards the end of last season and with Ojo, Stewart, Hastie and Jones joining us now, we've got some good options.

Would be sad to see him go. Good squad player who can fit in at Central mid also if needed in emergency. Perfectly suited to big euro matches where we hit on counter.

I think this is a bs if I'm being honest. Played a stormer on Sunday against a quality side and he seemed to be happy and enjoying himself in yesterday's training photos. This is not the season to be losing our most experienced players unless a huge bid comes in. SG also said DC will have his part to play this season.

Slightly concerning ill phill was talking about an £800k bid for candeias quite recently. Would like to think lucky guess but worrying now this story has broke.
He also said Morelos £3.2m and trying to punt the two Croats! A broken clock is right twice a day!

Instead of actually offloading useful players like Candeias, why not do our best to get rid of Dorrans, Lafferty etc. It's all went quiet on that front.

Instead of actually offloading useful players like Candeias, why not do our best to get rid of Dorrans, Lafferty etc. It's all went quiet on that front.

We're trying like %^*& to get rid of them mate, but you can't just bin them when they're under contract unfortunately.

The deal has to be right for the player too.

I’m guessing we are but nobody wants to take them, or at least at the salary they are on.

Candeias has be decent for the price but no better than that in my opinion, plus at 31 his days as a winger won’t last much longer, the Manager clearly rates others better in that position.

I would like to see stay at Ibrox,not the most consistent but 90 minutes of graft in games. A good man to have in case the new signings have trouble bedding in to the scottish game's physical side.

If it was a choice between Candieas and Hastie I'd have Candieas all day at this point.
Its not going to be a choice between those 2, Hastie is only 19 and is not going to be a 1st team starter, i think he has great potential though but at 19 its too early for him.

We will play the majority of games with 2 narrow forrwards, between Arfield Ojo and Jones most likely and if we don't get Kent we may even see another attacking player come in.

We need to trim the squad. Candeias should NOT be part of the cull ffs.
He can be frustrating but by feck he can also be a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back