Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be really sorry to see him go
I'd be really sorry to see him go for less than £1million

I'd like to keep him and even if he runs down his contract you are not going to get a replacement for anything like the proposed fee.

Would be pretty gutted with that one tbf. Really like the Candyman and his work ethic/style of play. Might not the the silkiest or most technical but he has been a great servant to the club and I believe he still has a part to play delivering 55. Big call from the gaffer if true.

Has anywhere reputable reported this apart from reports in Turkey? By the way please don’t say the record or Sun who haven’t a clue.

remember arfield was doing pretty well in that area of the xi towards the last season. id happily we continued that with something like ojo, morelos/defoe and arfield.

I'd be really sorry to see him go
I'd be really sorry to see him go for less than £1million

I'd like to keep him and even if he runs down his contract you are not going to get a replacement for anything like the proposed fee.

I think you're going to be really sorry then

Slightly gutted because I do like him and at times he is a good asset to have notably against the poets and in Europe but at the same time I had a gut feeling a few weeks back he might be surplus to requirements because of our change of formation and the new signings notably in the wide forward areas.

If it's true and he goes all the best Daniel you've been a good servant for us.

We haven't played with 2 wide men for months, this system has worked very well for us and there is no reason to change it and go back to an isolated forward upfront

It wont be that formation for every single game but i expect it to continue this way for the majority of our games.
We've not solely used inside forwards during preseason. We've set up wide at points as well.

No question he put in a shift. Covered a lot of ground and he will have a very good highlights reel of pieces of skill , goals from his time with us, however , his crossing & pass selection far too many times was criminal particularly in the bigger games / forward areas , frankly not the level we need to win the title or to progress in Europe / beats teams home & away like rapid, Spartak

The question though is how much are we getting for him and what appears to be the further continuation of rangers selling players below market price & at a loss

Daniel is certainly one we need about our squad. He is certainly not a first pick but a guy who has carried himself well around the club

We've not solely used inside forwards during preseason. We've set up wide at points as well.
At points we have yes but mainly it has been a continuation of the formation that served us well towards the end of last season.

Thats how i see it, everyone will have their own view.

There are some boys that need to leave the club because they are just not at a good enough level to stay, and then there are some that are decent enough players but just don't fit the system and style Gerrard wants.
DC is unfortunately the latter
Cannot ever fault his effort or dedication to the cause, but looking at the wide options we have, with potentially Kent to come aswell, you have to feel he would struggle for game time. His least effective spell last year was when he was played more central

I’ve criticised him in the past for some of his performances but never fault him for his effort. He gave his all for our club. If he goes then good luck to him and once a bear always a bear

Did this actually ever happen??

even when Candeias didn’t have a particularly good game going forward he more than made up for it with hard work tracking back and covering Tavernier
Some of his worst moments in a Rangers jersey have actually been when he’s switched off defensively.

I think he’s a great squad player but we need any cash we can coming in.

This is the stats for all competitions last year:

Kent:
P43 G6 A9

Candeias:
P52 G6 A12

What Kent brings is immeasurable, I would definitely say that.

However, what Candeias brings to the table is not to be sniffed at. Goal or assist in a third of his games, I honestly think he’s worth at least what we paid for him. If he was happy to be a back up, I wouldn’t want him gone.

If it’s true then I wish him every success. Looks like the start of the squad trimming. Better not go for cheap money.

What's your point?

Kent causes teams to change their shape and system.

The poets are feared.

That’s fair enough but Kent does need to post better numbers next year if he comes back.

He should be on par with (hate to even mention him) James Forrest with his figures as he’s a better player.

This is the stats for all competitions last year:

Kent:
P43 G6 A9

Candeias:
P52 G6 A12
It’s not all about stats for instance tav goal against scum guessed who got fouled for it?kent
What I’m saying is stats don’t tell everything and for every good game d.c has tegu are usually followed by a few very average ones.
I would of kept him as a squad player but I won’t be losing any sleep over him leaving that’s for sure

It’s not all about stats for instance tav goal against scum guessed who got fouled for it?kent
What I’m saying is stats don’t tell everything and for every good game d.c has tegu are usually followed by a few very average ones.
I would of kept him as a squad player but I won’t be losing any sleep over him leaving that’s for sure

It’s not all about stats but why some on here feel the need to go out their way to talk down a very decent return (yet again) from Daniel Candeias is beyond me.

Can people not just accept 6 goals and 12 assists is decent?

Ask yourself if you’d rather have Candeias or any of Jones/Hastie/Stewart.

I know my answer.
I don't think it matters who we prefer having listened to Gerrard we can be fairly sure sure he doesn't see Candeias as his preferred option so if a bid has come in we would be likely to accept

I like Candeias and feel he's more than good enough to be a squad player.

He's delivered in some of the bigger games domestically and in Europe, some thing some of our new boys haven't done.

There's no merit in selling Candeias unless it's for funny money, our hardest worker, capable of moments of magic and a great asset when we're under the cosh.

Like candeias but every player has his shelf life. Was talking to Alan Smith who owns the Brittania in Albufeira and he told me the deal was done at the training camp in quinta do lago.

£300k feck that! One of the hardest workers in the squad week in week out and his goals last week prove he has the quality. Sadly the way Gerrard played it down may tell it's own story.

He scores nowhere near the amount of goals that I’d like from a player in his position but I love the way he goes about his football, his workrate, his heart and that you feel he gives a shit.

£300k is a ridiculous amount to accept from him though. Might struggle to top £1m but he has been an important player for Rangers and giving him away for buttons is a strange move.

I personally wouldn't want him to leave. He is still good for assists and goals this season.

He also is excellent with Tav.

Got to keep imo.

Will he play every week no if it means keeping hold of hastie and murphy for the season instead of sending them out on loan I'm all for it he has been a good servant to the club but we need to push on now and would rather see some income being made rather than let him walk for nothing next season

If the fee is £300,000 and his wages £10,000 a week, we are £800,000 better off than this time next year.

Good deal I think and I like DC.

Listen folks working hard is a great thing. But the magic happens when you have a player with both. You want to be nearly men keep him. We want to win the league bye bye Danny.

His delivery is horrific at times. He has no composure. Works hard but eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back