Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marginal decisions such as are what can make or break a manager. We are already squad heavy. I'm inclined to let him go. A couple of good pre season goals should have no bearing on the decision.

Listen folks working hard is a great thing. But the magic happens when you have a player with both. You want to be nearly men keep him. We want to win the league bye bye Danny.

His delivery is horrific at times. He has no composure. Works hard but eh
Spot on.

Cant believe some would prefer him over Kent aswell lol

Has there ever been 'news' from a source in Turkey that turned out to be true?

Exactly, and people are forgetting his own preference in this

Candeias is probably wealthy through football but probably not wealthy enough to sustain the rest of his life in the way he wants. If he's got an opportunity at one last big signing on fee and decent wage, he may well do it for family reasons.
Lolol wtf, u think he can’t live the rest of his life in comfort!?!?

I like him a lot, but none of us can claim he’s indispensable.

If he goes, he goes... But I’d be a bit disappointed.

Yes probably, but a for a winger his stats were poor. He didn't score enough

You’re right.

As we both seem to agree though, Kent is the better player and his impact on the team last season was great than Candieas’ at any point over his two years here.

Listen folks working hard is a great thing. But the magic happens when you have a player with both. You want to be nearly men keep him. We want to win the league bye bye Danny.

His delivery is horrific at times. He has no composure. Works hard but eh

Are we just ignoring the amount of goals he’s set up? The best in the league last year, consistently in the top 2/3 in our squad since he arrived.

No idea why posters like you feel the need to talk him down like that.

We can certainly upgrade him (I’m not sure Murphy or Hastie are an upgrade) but he deserves more respect.

I’m calling pish on this at £300k...no way we accept that surely? If we do we sent out a message again that clubs can have our pants down anytime the talk transfers with us!!:mad:

In what way is that a good deal? If he was a Celtic player, folk would be quoting 2/3 million for him. We always under sell our players

He can talk to other clubs in January and leave next year for free.

We won't be giving him a new deal, clearly.

With half a million not paid in wages and £300,00 also, that's £800,000 for a player who is on the periphery this season and money we can use elsewhere or cover some of our outlay already.

Which club in their right mind pays £1million for a 32 year old journeyman in the last year of his deal?

He’s 31 for a start not 32 and a solid player and he’s known in Turkey having played there before . Candeas could easily play another 3 seasons and is one of the fittest at the club .

Are we just ignoring the amount of goals he’s set up? The best in the league last year, consistently in the top 2/3 in our squad since he arrived.

We can certainly upgrade him (I’m not sure Murphy or Hastie are an upgrade) but he deserves more respect.
He had 6 assists last season in the league tavernier had 16.

Which club in their right mind pays £1million for a 32 year old journeyman in the last year of his deal?
Especially a newly promoted Turkish side. Too many people think they're playing FIFA or football manager.

On the Tavernier point: yes Candeias has helped defensively but even if he does stay there's no way he will be 1st choice so you won't have that anyway most of the time.

He tries his best, he’s passionate and works hard and I think some of our support get abit romatic towards that type of player.
The reality is we need better to win trophies and progress in Europe. If he goes I wish him well

I hope this isn't true - although it seems likely -
& If we don't get any chance to give him a send off - then I'd just like to say an enormous thank you Daniel
He worked his socks off any time I saw him - & was a big asset to us
All the best in the future - hope you're a success wherever you go
Thanks for the great memories

Is he not in the last year of his contract?

I like him but his value in the market is low!! He’s not going to play and is probably on a reasonable wage so the fee + free of the wage is no all positive!

Good deal for Candeias. 1 year left at Ibrox, won't get another deal. Chance to get a wee pay off from us and a 2 or 3 year deal towards retirement. I expect £500k/600k to be the deal.

Imagine how good we would have been had his 15 crosses that never went into the box had.

Listen mate I've no time for sentiment we are 2 seasons away from that lot ruining your life so that's up to you. Me he's not good enough and our manager knows that

Would hope we could get at least 500-600k for him. If we accept 300k for him then we just continue to open ourselves up to stupid bids like 3 million for Morelos or Tavernier on loan at deadline day

_48734356_3780403.jpg

Imagine how good we would have been had his 15 crosses that never went into the box had.

Listen mate I've no time for sentiment we are 2 seasons away from that lot ruining your life so that's up to you. Me he's not good enough and our manager knows that

Imagine if we had attackers that converted some of the cracking deliveries that he did deliver into the box.

I think SG realised early on DC gives 100% but there's not enough delivered from him.

If there is one opinion that really fries my bacon is the notion he covers Tav well positionally he is all over the place.

If he leaves he's done very well and gave 100%-I think the support always recognises that in a player-at 850K he did well.

I am a huge fan of candy man and while think he gets a hard time when I consider his work rate one of the best, age, one year left and a squad to big we need to trim so the 300 plus saved wages is a business call made by people at the club I finally trust more than my heart led thoughts

We won’t get near that but equally 300k would be silly

A figure of around £1 million would seem reasonable
I generally think people on here massively under value our players (Morelos, Tav etc). But I honestly don’t see anyone paying anything like £1m for a 31 year old Candeias in the last year of his contract. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

300k is an extra 6k a week on a years loan for Kent

I don't think Kent's salary will have any bearing on whether we get him back on loan or not.

It'll be down to whether Liverpool loan him out again or keep/sell him.

But in principle, yes, it frees up DC's wages for other uses.

If you’ll let them winning a kid on 10IAR ‘ruin’ your life, you’ve had a bloody easy run of it so far :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back