Radio Clyde(Hollicom) stance on child protection

Heard the news report in the car last night on the way to the game, it was mostly unrelated to the beasts situation. Can’t remember the start of the report but was basically saying there isn’t enough protection for children/why is the law one of the few countries people aren’t legally required to report anything. It specifically noted NI has this law, rest of UK does not. Think they then threw in a comment at the end about Ruth Davidsons calls for a public enquiry about beast fc.

Im all on board with calling out the beasts and there protectors but in this instance it was regarding something else.

Sorry I don’t understand. Why is a radio station tweeting this at all?

It’s got to be with that new PR company,another poster commented they don’t usually reply to this,have the broken any regulations in tweeting,this is the start and the sun adjustment of Torbett article is of their new PR and we can all see through it. Also heard it commented on news on smooth radio last night.

Interesting they were all happy to hound and punish us for EBT’s and they were “morally wrong” and “should have been declared”

Total double standards.

Goes a lot further than double standards chief.

Slaveringring wildly over cunning business practice is one thing but misinformation over rape of and libidinous behaviour around children is disgusting. Unless we're missing some odd context, whoever put out that tweet needs a visit from someone with the authority to warn them they need to be far more responsible.

Heard the news report in the car last night on the way to the game, it was mostly unrelated to the beasts situation. Can’t remember the start of the report but was basically saying there isn’t enough protection for children/why is the law one of the few countries people aren’t legally required to report anything. It specifically noted NI has this law, rest of UK does not. Think they then threw in a comment at the end about Ruth Davidsons calls for a public enquiry about beast fc.

Im all on board with calling out the beasts and there protectors but in this instance it was regarding something else.

They specifically mention the boys club in this first tweet. They're absolutely doing Celtic and Hollicom's bidding here.

I'm fucking astounded at that.

I know all about Herbison and her links to Hollicom but this is beyond any level I thought Clyde would stop too.

You knew Keevins at all wouldn't speak about it on the sports show taking the standard Celtic fans deflection stance.

This however? This is miles beyond that.

Last edited:

Radio Clyde News@RadioClydeNews

It’s a professionally accepted standard that child protection issues *should* be reported, but there is no legal requirement in Scots or UK law.
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1151869502629564421
4:01 PM - Jul 18, 2019
" Saw a child being raped once, thought to myself, I SHOULD report this, then I thought, ach, there's no LEGAL REQUIREMENT, I'll leave it "

No right-minded person thinks like this.

For Radio Clyde to offer this up as some sort of excuse for the paedophile-harbouring Club they're acting for is beyond disgraceful!

Is Hollinshead accidentally tweeting from his bird's phone?

It's mental that the Radio Clyde Twitter account would actually get involved in debate here. Just report the facts and drop the propoganda.

" Saw a child being raped once, thought to myself, I SHOULD report this, then I thought, ach, there's no LEGAL REQUIREMENT, I'll leave it "

No right-minded person thinks like this.

For Radio Clyde to offer this up as some sort of excuse for the paedophile-harbouring Club they're acting for is beyond disgraceful!
Opens your eyes to the festering cesspit Scotland has become .

They specifically mention the boys club in this first tweet. They're absolutely doing Celtic and Hollicom's bidding here.

I'm fucking astounded at that.

I know all about Herbison and her li ls to Hollicom but this is beyond any level I thought Clyde would stop too.

You knew Keevins at all wouldn't speak about it on the sports show taking the standard Celtic fans deflection stance.

This however? This is miles beyond that.

Jesus :D I didn’t bother to check the tweets thread, I assumed it was the same thing as last night, that will serve me right.

The word astounded you used is perfect. I can’t believe that, surely a spectacular own goal. Complicit nonces.

Not a nice thing to do - but I think following this, we as a club/support should boycott their "Cash for Kids".

Donate to another more worthy charity.

When the recently murdered Bradley Welsh did a pod with James English - he was actually very scathing of C4K.

Would YOU want associated with Radio Clyde????? This is a new low for them.

I keep using an analogy of a nursery school abusing children, and the primary school in the same building that it feeds saying "nothing to do with us. Seperate entity."

If this happened at a nursery in Ayr and 10 kids were abused I'd like to think West FM wouldn't say "although the protection of children abused have been reported, there was no legal requirement"

Radio Clyde are disgusting

Don’t want to allow an open debate on SSB like they did with our EBTs

Yet they send out exclusive press releases on the day of the CL final re Lieswells secret 2 year investigation

Now this disgusting tweet. Only people with no morals would act like this and I hope they get roasted for this

They are vile paedo protecting vermin

Shame on them

I keep using an analogy of a nursery school abusing children, and the primary school in the same building that it feeds saying "nothing to do with us. Seperate entity."

If this happened at a nursery in Ayr and 10 kids were abused I'd like to think West FM wouldn't say "although the protection of children abused have been reported, there was no legal requirement"
The crux.

Thing is what is being touted here is far worse , they are using "it wasn't a legal requirement to do so "as an excuse for not doing so.

That has to be a VERY ill advised tweet from Radio Hollicom.

They WILL be on the wrong side of history here. Shame on everyone at Radio Clyde.
There are several tweets re-iterating this.

They have went full on in their support for this strategy.

Vile! Just vile!

Timmy, “ look, it’s only child abuse and there’s no legal requirement for us to report it, so we’ve done nothing wrong”.
Is that the next statement to come out?
There may not be a legal requirement to report it , but it should be anyone’s feckin moral duty to do so!!

By deliberately not reporting child abuse (physical and mental harm) to the police and then allowing further child abuse to happen because of the course of action they took should be grounds enough for criminal negligence charges under health and safety surely?

Any H&S professionals able to give a view on this?

What are they saying here?

Yes we knew but %^*& it, We won’t get into the shit if we don’t report it?

Scum bags pure and simple!

Back