Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

D_67OtmXkAAiol8

James Powers
@jimbopowers91

·
23m

First half notes: -McRorie is insane, like Ben Thompson but taller and faster -I prefer Louis Dennis (possibly Harness if Kenny plays him there) as a number 10 to Pitman -Jamal is being completely professional in his performance amidst the rumours. #Pompey

Martin Smith
@martinpompeyfan

·
20m

Replying to
@jimbopowers91
McRprie looks class. Harrison useful too. Agree about no.10

Paul Blake

@Paultb7Blake

·
23m

Replying to
@jimbopowers91
Liking a mad mcrorie

Ross McCrorie is already making a positive impression at Portsmouth

Rangers midfielder Ross McCrorie is already winning over his manager on loan at Portsmouth.

Speaking to local paper The News, Portsmouth manager Kenny Jackett has admitted he is already a fan of Rangers midfielder Ross McCrorie, despite the player only signing for the club earlier this month.

The Ibrox prospect made the switch to the English League One side on July 5th and less than two weeks later is making quite the impression.

McCrorie played for Pompey in their 11-0 thrashing of UCD in Ireland last week and, after some personal leave, is in line to feature during this weekend's friendly against Stevenage.

Jackett is delighted with what he has seen of the Gers youngster, telling The News: "I’ve been impressed with Ross early on, it’s exciting to see him play, he’s a player that gives us good options.

"Ross gives you a little bit of everything in midfield, he’s a very, very good all-round midfield player.
"We do think he can develop in terms of his forward play, not just holding, he has the athleticism and power to get forward and get on the end of things."

Expected to play as part of a 4-2-3-1 formation during his time on loan at the club, it is clear that McCrorie could broaden his horizons and return to Ibrox a more accomplished player.

That Jackett is such a fan of his abilities already is a good sign. There will be nothing better for the Scotland U21 international than playing regularly under a manager who believes in him.

If the Portsmouth boss can also add a bit of attacking ambition to his game then that could be great for Rangers.

Competition for places will also be strong, with The News stating that McCrorie will be competing with three others for a spot in central midfield.

Early signs suggest this could be a loan move that benefits all parties; now it is on the 21-year-old to prove he can make the most of the situation.

I really like McCrorie and hope this will be the making of him. I think he needs this and he seems to have started very well. I will follow him very closely this season.

I really like Portsmouth so was quite happy hearing him going there and help them out, while they help develop our player. Good luck to him and them

Love the big man hope he develops this season and comes back next season ready to challenge our midfield for games every week

Ross McCrorie was head and shoulders the standout player as he started with Ben Close in midfield and showed the quality he clearly possesses.

The local paper

Good reports so far , hope he keeps it up and comes back a more rounded player.
Favourite of mine,really don't want to lose him,content he has this loan deal but want him back in a year, always more confident when his name in our starting 11

Playing regularly for Portsmouth this year will help his development far more than sitting on our bench and maybe getting 15 games. Stevie G is playing the long game here and knows he will get back a far more accomplished player.

Ross McCrorie is already making a positive impression at Portsmouth

Rangers midfielder Ross McCrorie is already winning over his manager on loan at Portsmouth.

Speaking to local paper The News, Portsmouth manager Kenny Jackett has admitted he is already a fan of Rangers midfielder Ross McCrorie, despite the player only signing for the club earlier this month.

The Ibrox prospect made the switch to the English League One side on July 5th and less than two weeks later is making quite the impression.

McCrorie played for Pompey in their 11-0 thrashing of UCD in Ireland last week and, after some personal leave, is in line to feature during this weekend's friendly against Stevenage.

Jackett is delighted with what he has seen of the Gers youngster, telling The News: "I’ve been impressed with Ross early on, it’s exciting to see him play, he’s a player that gives us good options.

"Ross gives you a little bit of everything in midfield, he’s a very, very good all-round midfield player.
"We do think he can develop in terms of his forward play, not just holding, he has the athleticism and power to get forward and get on the end of things."

Expected to play as part of a 4-2-3-1 formation during his time on loan at the club, it is clear that McCrorie could broaden his horizons and return to Ibrox a more accomplished player.

That Jackett is such a fan of his abilities already is a good sign. There will be nothing better for the Scotland U21 international than playing regularly under a manager who believes in him.

If the Portsmouth boss can also add a bit of attacking ambition to his game then that could be great for Rangers.

Competition for places will also be strong, with The News stating that McCrorie will be competing with three others for a spot in central midfield.

Early signs suggest this could be a loan move that benefits all parties; now it is on the 21-year-old to prove he can make the most of the situation.
“Some personal leave”. Went to the twelfth celebrations! :D

Apart from getting regular games, what benefit is there for Ross when he is obviously miles better than the opposition every week?

Can only be a good thing for big McCrorie going there on loan and playing against actual footballers rather than against the talentless headless chickens in the Scottish league that prefer running about trying to snap your leg.

Playing regularly for Portsmouth this year will help his development far more than sitting on our bench and maybe getting 15 games. Stevie G is playing the long game here and knows he will get back a far more accomplished player.
He’s playing the long game in many areas. And it’s great to see.

When he leaves, we will be in a brilliant place.

Apart from getting regular games, what benefit is there for Ross when he is obviously miles better than the opposition every week?

Ask Greg Docherty.

Ross will do well down here, and come back to Ibrox a better player, because he is getting the competitive minutes. Believe me, a lot of teams in League One are a decent standard, though when I say decent, certainly at least on a par with many teams in the SPL.

He wants to play 50 games, that will be massive for his development. The manager agrees and will fully expect a far better player next Summer. Gerrard rates him so highly, he's sacrificed having a reduced Europa squad and risked upsetting/losing senior pros i.e Candeais due to the development he sees Ross getting down South

Getting regular game time at a semi decent level will help refine him as a player. We all know Docherty was a better player than Shrewsbury Town level but he's undoubtedly improved as a player.

Can only be a good thing for big McCrorie going there on loan and playing against actual footballers rather than against the talentless headless chickens in the Scottish league that prefer running about trying to snap your leg.

It’s a dog shit league, full of similar types.

It’s a dog shit league, full of similar types.
At least most of the teams in that league would'nt get tanked by a Welsh diddy team. He also wont need to play 20 odd games on a stupid plastic pitch. I think it will benefit him just playing regular football every week alone.

You can’t really say ‘apart from’ game time when it’s the most important aspect of a loan.

But aside from that he’ll gain experience and maturity from being out of his comfort zone and fending for himself with different expectations being placed on him.

He won’t be viewed as a kid down there. If he is genuinely a level above the rest he’ll be expected to lead the team and take on a lot of responsibility.

In my eyes this is a great move – we’re sending down a boy and I’m expecting him to return a man.

Back