Radio Clyde(Hollicom) stance on child protection

Terres des hommes is a core partner in UEFA’s Responsibility Portfolio for the 2017/21 cycle. They are the lead organisation on the UEFA Safeguarding Project regarding Child Abuse.

Their Guidance on Appropriate Behaviour advises against -
"* Behaving physically in a manner which is inappropriate or sexually provocative.
* Developing physical and/or sexual relations with children or their family members.
* Developing relationships with children which could in any way be deemed exploitative or abusive.
* Spending time alone with children away from others.
* Condoning or participating in behaviour with children which is illegal, unsafe or abusive

NEVER ignore, or fail to report, any concern, suspected violation or violation of the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Code of Conduct."

Their Code of Conduct also states,
"We require adherence to the highest standards of behaviour when dealing with children, to set a good example, not to display any violent behaviour and to be kind at all times.

Under no circumstances may employees touch children inappropriately, use unsuitable language, make objectionable suggestions, provoke, harass, criticise or look down on a child, fail to show respect for a child’s cultural practices, or exploit a child through labour or in any other manner.

We have a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse. We support the principle of the accountability of all and the duty to report abuse.'

Their guidelines are unequivocal on the need to report any instances of child abuse. No amount of doublespeak from Radio Clyde, Hollicom or anyone else can deny Celtic's liability.

I've been in touch with Tdh over the past month, providing them with all the horrific details of the Celtic paedophile ring and the subsequent, decades-long cover-up.

They share the disgust of all decent-minded people, and have passed my messages on to UEFA, who have said that they are taking the matter forward.

Because their head of sport is the partner of the guy who runs their (Celtic's) PR Firm.
Lorraine Herbicide (Herbison) from (Baur Media ) who run Clyde amongst many many others worldwide and Hollinthehead.comm who runs the PR Company hiding CFC's dirty secrets.

Last edited:
Hollicom will consider this move a success, they're moving the goal posts and if Rangers twitter and this thread are anything to go by, not too many are noticing.

Failure to report <> deliberate concealment.

We shouldn't be focused on their failure to report, however despicable that may be, their attempts to make sure no-one reported it to protect their name has always been the issue.

I would suggest the opposite.

Watch them. Watch them VERY carefully.

This is it. We know what they do, and why they do it.

Same goes for certain MSPs, journos and editors BBC and Scotsman, CH4 etc etc.

Call it Out openly told us on twitter what they were all about. They even gave clear advice "you're free to form a pressure group to cover your side".

We know they don't play fair. We know they wont change. The question is why are we still expecting them too? And, more importantly, why are we not making things happen for ourselves.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/reporting-crime

Although this is the english system there may be something similar in Scottish system.

Remember the incident in America where the families were asked to sign Non-disclosure Agreements would they fall into this type of behaviour?

Intimidation
Witness intimidation is very rare. If you are worried about intimidation there are several things that can be done to help.
Witness intimidation is when an attempt is made to threaten or persuade a witness not to give evidence to the police or courts, or to give evidence in a way that is favourable to the defendant. In most cases, the offender will be the defendant or the defendant's family or friends. It is generally considered that intimidation is more likely to follow offences of violence, particularly domestic violence and vandalism.
A further form of intimidation may be thought of as 'cultural intimidation'. This occurs where family or friends of the victim or witness try to dissuade him or her from assisting in an investigation or an inquiry. There may be a variety of reasons for this including bringing shame on the victim's family. In addition, there may be norms of behaviour within a culture for dealing with criminal matters that do not involve the formal agencies of the criminal justice system.
Section 51 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 creates two offences:
  • s.51(1) creates an offence directed at acts against a person assisting in the investigation of an offence or is a witness or potential witness or juror or potential juror whilst an investigation or trial is in progress; and
  • s.51(2) creates an offence directed at acts against a person who assisted in an investigation of an offence or who was a witness or juror after an investigation or trial has been concluded.
The offences are triable either way. In the magistrates' court, the maximum penalty is six months' imprisonment and/or a fine to the statutory maximum. In the Crown Court, the maximum penalty is five years' imprisonment and/or a fine.

A truly disgusting radio station, shame on everyone connected to it. To put covering up the crimes at the Pedo Dome, before the victims, is a new low even for Clyde.

Helene and Michelle Gray should be straight onto Twitter to demand a meeting with Radio Clyde executives to get them to explain why Clyde are selective in what areas of child sex abuse they want to cover and why they won’t allow discussion on the topic

Clyde’s stance on this must surely be questioned

I'd suggest their solicitor should be on to the other press outlets to raise the point

No legal requirement is how the bheast lawyers will try it on in court. The scum will bank on getting off on technicalities.
They are past masters of this as we remember when McBride ran rings round the SFA with clever jargon to get Lennon off Scot free on charges levelled against him.

Legal requirement what about the moral requirement,When your guts tell you its evil and vile when you ask yourself what would you do if it was one of your kids or grandkids its a moral human requirement,There are individuals and organisations in this country who need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I don't really get what they're saying. Are they suggesting Celtic had no legal responsibily to report the abuse at the club?
How can it be legal to ignore and actually hide child abuse? Surely if you know crimes are being committed and don't do anything you are an accessory? Especially if you actually try to protect the abusers by offering the abused incentives to keep quiet (like a place in the Celtic first team).

I'm astounded that Radio Clyde have actually gone beyond "reporting" on this affair, and are now actively offering a defence for Celtic. That is just incredible. Why would an impartial radio station feel the need to even tweet that opinion?

I was going to suggest people tag Ewen Cameron into that tweet, because he's the only one with balls enough to call this kind of thing out.
And then I remembered Clyde threw him a bone recently by letting him do the show a couple of times. Unlikely he'll attack them now eh? Rather convenient!

Is there ever a "legal requirement" to report a crime? If you witness a murder, for example, are you legally required to report it?

They're trying to divert attention away from their cover up.

I don't really get what they're saying. Are they suggesting Celtic had no legal responsibily to report the abuse at the club?
How can it be legal to ignore and actually hide child abuse? Surely if you know crimes are being committed and don't do anything you are an accessory? Especially if you actually try to protect the abusers by offering the abused incentives to keep quiet (like a place in the Celtic first team).

I'm astounded that Radio Clyde have actually gone beyond "reporting" on this affair, and are now actively offering a defence for Celtic. That is just incredible. Why would an impartial radio station feel the need to even tweet that opinion?
Bauer media group are worldwide (based in Hamburg Germany) I doubt that the parent company have any idea what Herbicide is doing, and I'm sure that Bauer media's risk management department would not approve of what they are doing regardless of Herbison.
It is not a good stance for them to take, just for Herbison to help her partners company and Yvonne Bauer 85% owner would see it as a negative business path to take she would surely never morally approve of these statements, this is something that mumsnet could get their teeth into.

Last edited:
By bringing a known paedo back they facilitated his second round of abuse. They covered up a crime and protected the criminals.
As far as Radio Clyde go, their outputs regarding their take on this has to make you wonder, what exactly is their cash for kids money used for?
There now has to be a public enquiry into this sordid affair.

I'm just confused why they felt the need to offer an opinion on anything, especially this. Do they usually weigh in on news items? You'd think they would simply REPORT the news, not tell people why CFC were (apparently) not at fault in this whole sordid affair.
Bizarre.

They specifically mention the boys club in this first tweet. They're absolutely doing Celtic and Hollicom's bidding here.

I'm fucking astounded at that.

I know all about Herbison and her links to Hollicom but this is beyond any level I thought Clyde would stop too.

You knew Keevins at all wouldn't speak about it on the sports show taking the standard Celtic fans deflection stance.

This however? This is miles beyond that.

Agreed - people need to step back a second and actually wake up to what’s going on here - repulsive spin from RC

That’s an astounding statement for any organization to put their name to. Can you imagine this type of comment with regard to Jimmy Savile and there was only one of him!

As others have said, this is pure PR spin to attempt to soften the upcoming blow they are about to receive for concealing and covering up such atrocious acts against kids.

They have already contradicted themselves several times (culprits being allowed to return to the club, initial investigation in the 80’s recommend no further action, the secret 2 year internally run investigation that was never declared).

Nothing is going to change what they have coming to them.

That said, this is yet another slap in the face for the victims and the victims families. It’s right up there with the lack of an apology. It’s important to remember the victims are the priority here. Which makes Radio Clyde’s twitter output all the more shameful.

I wonder if the dirty rat bastards at radio clyde or the pr company would act like this and make statements like the one on the tweet if it was a young child from one of there families fucking scum the lot of them

I was going to suggest people tag Ewen Cameron into that tweet, because he's the only one with balls enough to call this kind of thing out.
And then I remembered Clyde threw him a bone recently by letting him do the show a couple of times. Unlikely he'll attack them now eh? Rather convenient!
Rather than suggest it, why don't you do it yourself, It's also pretty easy to find their phone number and question them directly.

Very strange tweet seems they are up to something . why this tweet would be posted on a radio show with proven links to the PR company employed by the knewdome . Clyde have made a big mistake here they have aligned themselves with a club scandal which will surely be exposed . looks like they have commited business suicide .
Or are they more directly involved in the scandal and is evidence coming soon to show that . Maybe Daly has expanded his investigation.

Ah the same defence as the nazis on trial at Nuremberg for war crimes,it was not my remit to report we were gassing innocent people in their tens of thousands,Most of them were hung.Pity the rope is no more.

Not reporting the abuse of any kind is tantamount to being part of the problem and a continuation of the crime.
Abuse doesn't just go away it lives with you all your life, it eats away at your mortal sole no matter how hard you try to bury it there.
it shatters your confidence your life hopes ambitions and always leaves an empty sick feeling that nobody cared or listened you stop trusting anyone you put up barriers.

employing crisis management to clean up is as sick as employing the bastards and paying them off.

Very strange tweet seems they are up to something . why this tweet would be posted on a radio show with proven links to the PR company employed by the knewdome . Clyde have made a big mistake here they have aligned themselves with a club scandal which will surely be exposed . looks like they have commited business suicide .
Or are they more directly involved in the scandal and is evidence coming soon to show that . Maybe Daly has expanded his investigation.

this tweet should come back to haunt these shameful bastards just before christmas when cash for kids gets rolled out and clyde act the concerned business looking out for less unfortunate children, they must not be able to forget this ridiculous and provocative act

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC365231/officers

All the officers in the Radio Clyde Cash For Kids company. Lorraine Herbison is a current officer.

I keep using an analogy of a nursery school abusing children, and the primary school in the same building that it feeds saying "nothing to do with us. Seperate entity."

If this happened at a nursery in Ayr and 10 kids were abused I'd like to think West FM wouldn't say "although the protection of children abused have been reported, there was no legal requirement"
But they weren’t reported by that rancid club.

I have listened to SSB again for roughly 3-4 years and I honestly considered them somewhat balanced and thought people were being over dramatic saying they were pro Celtic.

However the official sponsor of Celtic pish and the fact that the PR firm that works for Celtic is the owner by the main editor at Clyde 1 has genuinely changed my impression of them. Can’t continue to listen to something like that.
‘Somewhat balanced’:))
Your having a laugh surly?

Is there ever a "legal requirement" to report a crime? If you witness a murder, for example, are you legally required to report it?

They're trying to divert attention away from their cover up.

No, but if you don't, you become an accessory in that crime.

The true wording is "an accessory to the fact".

In other words, just as guilty as those who commited the crime.

Back