• Kamara

Votes: 195 34.6%
  • Aribo

Votes: 442 78.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 271 48.0%

• Total voters

BlueMcLeod89

Most likely we will be playing the 4-3-3 system with two wingers interchanging with the striker, interesting to see how we pick the starting three in midfield.

Davis, Kamara and Jack ended the season in great form together. It shouldn't change unless their form dips.

Aribo and Docherty will have to fight for the right. As it should be.

Would be pretty disheartened to see Arfield drop back into a midfield 3 after how brilliant he was playing one of the two positions behind the central striker. That is where he should stay.

Arfield will still be able to take up good attacking positions from midfield especially when he’s got someone as trustworthy as
Davis beside him. Some games he may take up a place beside the striker but the majority he will be in the midfield. Ojo has pace to burn and has a good delivery, better suited to right sided attacker role

Most likely we will be playing the 4-3-3 system with two wingers interchanging with the striker, interesting to see how we pick the starting three in midfield.

Doubt we'll be playing 2 wingers mate.

More likely 2 narrow attackers behind the striker and Arfield will be one of them.

Davis, Jack and Aribo the mid 3 for me.

Bit strange so many folk putting Arfield in their midfield 3.

More likely 2 narrow attackers behind the striker and Arfield will be one of them.

Not really when we've seen how well Arfield played behind the striker last season with Kent on the left and candiaes on the right.

We wont have a starting team. We will play whoever is best suited to the opponent, be it due to style of play or freshness to keep up the intensity all season.

Only Tav and McGregor are stick ons to play every game they are fit for, IMO.

Tbf though he's played in the midfield 3 the last two games and Arfield himself actually prefers playing in the middle of the pitch.

So god knows what the plans are when the team settles down.

the best we played last season was with Jack, Davis and Kamara with Arfield playing further forward.

Aribo is off to a good start mind you but I think he is a bit like Kamara in his style of play.

Think we need arfield further forward. When he's fit he links really well with the striker.

Not really when we've seen how well Arfield played behind the striker last season with Kent on the left and candiaes on the right.

Good chance neither of the two will be here next season and I don't think the attacking players we have brought in are here to play as out and out wingers.

More often than not I think we will play a 4321 (Christmas Tree) with the two playing more narrow in behind the striker with one of these positions filled by Arfield.

The midfield 3 as things stand is likely to be Davis, Aribo and either Jack or Kamara.

Good chance neither of the two will be here next season and I don't think the attacking players we have brought in are here to play as out and out wingers.

More often than not I think we will play a 4321 (Christmas Tree) with the two playing more narrow in behind the striker with one of these positions filled by Arfield.

The midfield 3 as things stand is likely to be Davis, Aribo and either Jack or Kamara.
There's a chance Kent will return, if not Jones takes that position, then there's hastie followed by ojo on the right, candiaes will look to be replaced as stated by Gerrard, we also have Murphy in the background as well. That's quite a few wingers that would be missing out if we played this formation that's why I wouldn't assume that this is our preferred formation.

There's a chance Kent will return, if not Jones takes that position, then there's hastie followed by ojo on the right, candiaes will look to be replaced as stated by Gerrard, we also have Murphy in the background as well. That's quite a few wingers that would be missing out if we played this formation that's why I wouldn't assume that this is our preferred formation.

I don't think Ojo is a winger, he's similar to Arfield and Stewart in the he can start wide but get inside to support the striker.

When did that happen?

It was Kent and Arfield behind the striker, with Davis, Kamara and Jack in midfield.

Candeias was dropped after March.

With everyone fit, I think Davis and Arfield start. Then a question of who else make up the 5 midfield/ attacking positions.

Tbf though he's played in the midfield 3 the last two games and Arfield himself actually prefers playing in the middle of the pitch.

So god knows what the plans are when the team settles down.

He certainly played there today and played well.

However, he played in his usual position on Thursday until McPake came on and he then dropped back into midfield.

He offers so much more than anyone else playing in the advanced role and once everyone is up to speed I think he'll be playing in the same position he finished the season so well in mate.

Yes. We played our best football last season when Arfield was off Defoe. Wish gives us an extra man in midfield IMO
I know I know but I have seen the argument towards the teams form at the end of the season in corrolation that we didn't really have much to play for etc, I guess the europa league and start of the season will answer our preffered starting lineup.

I hope we find a settled side, especially in defence and the midfield. I understand the need for rotation etc but chopping and changing each week doesn't work.

Davis - Jack - Aribo is looking like the midfield trio just now. Aribo being left footed gives us better balance.

Docherty has looked solid in pre season and we know what Kamara brings.

Any ones level drops and they are out the team with decent options ready to come in.

Davis, Kamara and Jack ended the season in great form together. It shouldn't change unless their form dips.

Aribo and Docherty will have to fight for the right. As it should be.

Would be pretty disheartened to see Arfield drop back into a midfield 3 after how brilliant he was playing one of the two positions behind the central striker. That is where he should stay.

My thoughts exactly.

Sorry you are right. I've just checked the formation for arguably our best display which was the 2-0 going on 5-0 win against celtic.

Gerrard changed the formation after the piggery, when Morelos was suspended and he dropped Candeias mate.

Who we playing, and how long until the next game - and who are they?

Mental to just blindly pick a 3.

Davis Kamara Aribo

Arfield should be utilised further forward like the tail end of the season

Back