Big tall striker needed i think

Still think we could do with a big tall striker a hateley / prso type to give us a different option if we are searching for a goal ,someone who could get on to the end of a cross in a packed defence and can rough defenders up

Was thinking the same, some of the crosses put in by Jones and Barisic were perfect for a big target man!

I don't think we play the type of football which would focus around a 'big tall' striker. Plus if chasing a game it can lead to some awful decisions.....i.e. just fire it into the box.

say we do get 1. were does he fit in? ahead of both alfie and defoe who are scoring goals. he dosnt even make bench as 1 of the other 2 play the other is on bench so yer basically wanting a big tall striker who isnt gonna play

I’d be more worried about getting another wide player in that can score a few goals , genuinely can’t see Stewart/Jones/Hastie scoring enough between them. Hopefully Ojo can chuck in with a few.

Which would then instigate back to front football looking for knock ons and flicks....ala Aberdeen, Motherwell, Celtic in Wibbles era......No thank you!

We’ll carve defences open this season!

Would please some of the moaning bastards I used to sit near.

Within the first five minutes of almost every game the same fud would be screaming “We’re no’ playing fvcking tiddlywinks Rangers get the baw up the park!”

Them days are over, embrace the new style and get away from the idea of just lumping it high into the "big tall striker".

You sound like gordon strachan haha

Even if you are right, OP.

Where do we find a match-winning striker who can make an impact from the bench and is within our budget and wage structure?

It's not the worst idea for games where it's not going to plan, I just think it's a narrow and difficult criteria to recruit successfully.

We have to assume that our tactics will work MOST of the time.

We don't really play that style of football, so I doubt Gerrard will be looking for someone like that.

Our strength is our link up play around the box, not humping hopeful balls into the box mate.

Absolutely, that’s the way forward but someone better tell Barisic and Tav. I agree that it would be a good option to have as back up.

Still think we could do with a big tall striker a hateley / prso type to give us a different option if we are searching for a goal ,someone who could get on to the end of a cross in a packed defence and can rough defenders up
Terrible idea.

Most of the teams in the SPL would deal with high crosses no problem we need to find other alternatives to this

Please no, leads to desperate lumping the ball up the park
Why pay for all the new creative players and then go back to front
A retrograde step IMO

Tony.........nah,no thanks

I just mean someone we could have on the bench who gives us that option ,yes we try play football and try cut open defences but there are games were we try and try and we just cant get through .there was games last season were we could have played all day and not scored due to a packed defense and with barasic and tav putting balls into the box a big striker gives us a different option late in a game we can bring on to try grab us a goal

Back