Will be penalised more than 1 mill for this deal

Owe them a percentage of sales for last year

Owe them a percentage of sales for this year

Judge decides what happens after that

We are stuck with SD in perpetuity

We struggle to buy the strip anywhere anyway

Is that it in a nutshell?

Sounds like it. Happy days eh?:rolleyes::(

What’s the point of an appeal ? We’ve made a mess of it so far , a shambles in fact .

Is it not best to just completely boycott kits and merchandise from SDI until the deal runs out completely ?

Tell fans to put what they would’ve spent on kit towards rising stars . At least the money stays in the club .

No bear is going to give Ashley money .

So this sorry scenario has gone from Dave King and Paul Murray crowing that the SD deal had been renegotiated in our favour to this?

What the %^*& was Murray ever allowed to negotiate anything for?

I was always of the belief that as long as SD matched any other deal and we received an equivalent rate of return on sales then this would be ok, albeit we have to deal with Ashley the club make plenty of cash

The truth is that SD are effectively trying to stop us making money from retail - you can imagine the deliberate difficulties/delays we would see with them as a partner, even if thd club approved the relationship

That was what caught my eye. I think we are being forced back to SDI from next season. I think we are being forced to compensate SDI for their losses last season and this season (the Judge described their losses as running into many millions of pounds), Elite are going to suffer losses and will likely sue Rangers. Just in a very quick read so may have understood some of it.

There is very little I can see in that judgement to be in any way optimistic about. A defeat undoubtedly, and a very heavy one at that.

Hopefully my speed read has come to the wrong conclusions. Would welcome @Marty101 opinion on this when he gets the chance.
See if this was the case, them why would the pop up store not have been pulled before now?

What’s the point of an appeal ? We’ve made a mess of it so far , a shambles in fact .

Is it not best to just completely boycott kits and merchandise from SDI until the deal runs out completely ?

Tell fans to put what they would’ve spent on kit towards rising stars . At least the money stays in the club .

No bear is going to give Ashley money .
Sounds great. No merchandise money for 5+ years and falling further behind the pigs financially.

If SDI match a reasonable deal we should do it.

That was what caught my eye. I think we are being forced back to SDI from next season. I think we are being forced to compensate SDI for their losses last season and this season (the Judge described their losses as running into many millions of pounds), Elite are going to suffer losses and will likely sue Rangers. Just in a very quick read so may have understood some of it.

There is very little I can see in that judgement to be in any way optimistic about. A defeat undoubtedly, and a very heavy one at that.

Hopefully my speed read has come to the wrong conclusions. Would welcome @Marty101 opinion on this when he gets the chance.
Also it says they are entitled to elites profit and sales. Who would pay them this? Elite or us? If its us then Elite might not have any reason to sue us. Considering they have opened 2 stores and recently a pop up shop, doesnt sound like this will come as a surprise to elite. They knew the risks.

Sounds great. No merchandise money for 5+ years and falling further behind the pigs financially.

If SDI match a reasonable deal we should do it.

What do you mean ? Jump back into bed with SDI after wasting millions buying ourselves out of a contract with them ?

Says a lot about this case in that the first thing the Judge deals with is how shit and unreliable every witness bar one was (the Managing Director of Elite). The remainder were viewed as ‘mouthpieces’ for whatever side they were on rather than reliable witnesses.

Sounds like we’re due SD millions in compensation, we might not be allowed to sell our 2nd and 3rd kits, we’ll be back with SD forever, SD will decide who makes our kit, we’ll never be free from SD unless they decide to walk away, and Elite will probably sue us.

Can’t really see any positives in this.

Sounds like we’re due SD millions in compensation, we might not be allowed to sell our 2nd and 3rd kits, we’ll be back with SD forever, SD will decide who makes our kit, we’ll never be free from SD unless they decide to walk away, and Elite will probably sue us.

Can’t really see any positives in this.

%^*& me I wish I never read that.
So the worst possible outcome we could have imagined and that fat mess could have us playing in Slazenger kits if he wants?

It’s not sickening . They can’t make us buy from them .

I’d rather spend £40 buying the new rising stars tickets than buy a kit from Mike Ashley
It is sickening as not everyone thinks like you or I. A lot will buy from sports direct regardless of they need to.

The club/Elite will have known of this ruling for a few weeks and have continued with the pop up shop / away kit launch. Why?

%^*& it, did anyone else have in the back of their head that this wasn't right? Selling merch outside a pub when we are in a contract? Being able to use a Website to buy shirts and skip Ashley and SD?

What a fucking mess.

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but Elite is selling as one of Hummel's partners. I was under the impression that this deal had nothing legally to do with Rangers, so why would Rangers have to pay SDI?

Back