SD v RFC Judgement

Sounds like we’re due SD millions in compensation, we might not be allowed to sell our 2nd and 3rd kits, we’ll be back with SD forever, SD will decide who makes our kit, we’ll never be free from SD unless they decide to walk away, and Elite will probably sue us.

Can’t really see any positives in this.

It’s grim, really f*cking grim. A huge setback that the Board, I suspect, knew was coming. Will they even be allowed to comment on it I wonder?

That's what we will have to happen I'd say, yes.

So the £3 million we gave Ashley to get out of the seven year deal just gets written off ? The £1 million odd we’ve to pay them for last season now and probably the same this season ? That’s walking away from a £5 million pound loss and remaining with the same charlatans we were trying to get away from .

I don’t see how that is going to help anyone .

Board need to come out and make some sort of comment on this
Its still under appeal. If raised at the agm it would be treated with arrogance. We are moving forward on the park due to the thorough professionalism of SG. I still believe the board are inept in many areas:
PR is still open season. They can’t even fix the BBC with their pathetic dossier.
Legal advice...
Fan engagement.
Building the brand.

The lauding of King on here is completely unbalanced. He has achieved a stabilisation in the football side but along he way some monumental financial screw ups. Off the field I remain unimpressed. No doubt the usual cheerleaders will allow no criticism. And given we sunk our hard earned cash into what Is now easy money for SD. We have a right to be absolutely incandescent.

So the £3 million we gave Ashley to get out of the seven year deal just gets written off ? The £1 million odd we’ve to pay them for last season now and probably the same this season ? That’s walking away from a £5 million pound loss and remaining with the same charlatans we were trying to get away from .

I don’t see how that is going to help anyone .
Yes, it's that bad.

Plus could easily be more than £1m for the damages. As it's this season plus last.

I think the club were hoping we'd have to pay damages but be free of the contract. Sounds like we'll now have to pay damages and also be stuck in a contract with a toxic partner that has no interest in a mutually beneficial relationship. Great.

Kinda glad I held off on buying any of the new gear. I'd be absolutely spewing if any of my cash went towards this fat wretched bastard.

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but Elite is selling as one of Hummel's partners. I was under the impression that this deal had nothing legally to do with Rangers, so why would Rangers have to pay SDI?

Given that two Elite executives were amongst the witnesses and that the judgement refers throughout to the ‘Elite/Hummel Agreement’ I’d say that argument has been blown out the water.

I know it's being appealed, but it just doesn't look great. Really can't see an end to this whole fiasco.

An update/advice from Dave king would be really helpful. Maybe not right now with the case being live, but as soon as possible.

From where I sit, the Learned Judge has gone by the contract written between us and SDI. We all know that SDI had their placemen on Rangers at the time and they were the ones who signed this ridiculous deal. There really is nothing we can do about it until it expires except to mitigate the damage these unscrupulous individuals have caused us. We can appeal everything and wait until we are in a better monetary position before offering SDI a settlement that the fat man can accept. Unfortunately, the Learned Judge can only go by the written contract in front of him and that is his only route.

Does anyone know who Elite actually are - they just appeared and started selling kits for us. IF the appeal doesnt work do what fat man does and liquidate before he gets any cash(meaning Elite not the Club)

Why should the club pay compensation because the fans were boycotting?
The club didn’t ask them to. I don’t see how any arrangement with SD can work if our kit manufacturer will not supply to SD that’s not really Rangers problem.

Its still under appeal. If raised at the agm it would be treated with arrogance. We are moving forward on the park due to the thorough professionalism of SG. I still believe the board are inept in many areas:
PR is still open season. They can’t even fix the BBC with their pathetic dossier.
Legal advice...
Fan engagement.
Building the brand.

The lauding of King on here is completely unbalanced. He has achieved a stabilisation in the football side but along he way some monumental financial screw ups. Off the field I remain unimpressed. No doubt the usual cheerleaders will allow no criticism. And given we sunk our hard earned cash into what Is now easy money for SD. We have a right to be absolutely incandescent.
The pigs fans mostly hate Lawwell and co even though he has them in a strong financial position with a few profitable years in a row and a large cash balance. Just because they didn't want Lennon and want more money spent.

Our board %^*& up monumentally like this and we have a far higher % of fans who basically think that King can't be criticised. It's ridiculous.

Legal advice...
Fan engagement.
Building the brand.

The SD contract was obviously miles messier than King realised and it us proving difficult, if not impossible, to get out of it. There have clearly been some major fck ups in our handling of the case and its now become personal. It will need creative thinking and s fsir bit of cash to put it right - this us where a proper FD might have been handy....

Why should the club pay compensation because the fans were boycotting?
The club didn’t ask them to. I don’t see how any arrangement with SD can work if our kit manufacturer will not supply to SD that’s not really Rangers problem.
It's not because we were boycotting it's because we broke the agreement with them.

I simply can’t believe what I’m reading here .

I’m not doubting you personally but I refuse to believe it’s as bad as being suggested .

Read the judgement mate. There is not one single crumb of comfort to be taken from it. Even Goebbels would struggle to ‘spin’ anything in there as a positive for Rangers. Gutted and deflated doesn’t come close to describing it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who Elite actually are - they just appeared and started selling kits for us. IF the appeal doesnt work do what fat man does and liquidate before he gets any cash(meaning Elite not the Club)

elite are basically a few hummel directors

Was there not something mentioned that if SD take the compo money the deals are ripped up? I don’t know enough about this but it’s a joke of a situation

Ok... layman's terms here for me someone.

1. Is money to SD based on sales?
2. Is there a cap on what we give?
3. Is it based on percentage of club income, i.e. the further we progress in Europe, more money comes in, more money to Ashley?
4. What happens if SD goes under?

These may sound daft, but I don't pretend to understand it all.

From where I sit, the Learned Judge has gone by the contract written between us and SDI. We all know that SDI had their placemen on Rangers at the time and they were the ones who signed this ridiculous deal. There really is nothing we can do about it until it expires except to mitigate the damage these unscrupulous individuals have caused us. We can appeal everything and wait until we are in a better monetary position before offering SDI a settlement that the fat man can accept. Unfortunately, the Learned Judge can only go by the written contract in front of him and that is his only route.

How many times? This case is about the contract the CURRENT Board signed with SDI.

We did. We bought the previous contract out but agreed to some stupid terms in doing so, that our legal team clearly never understood.
Ok...we obviously didnt buy out the contract correctly then. Same outcome unfortunately for us.

Our legal advisors have a lot to answer for in this shambles.

When does it expire ?

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but Elite is selling as one of Hummel's partners. I was under the impression that this deal had nothing legally to do with Rangers, so why would Rangers have to pay SDI?
Because the judge has decided that the Club were involved

Utterly grim. One of the few available routes to funds for us is kits/merchandise & it once again looks to have been strangled. For financial reasons we really do need to get into the EL group stage this year.

Legal advice...
Fan engagement.
Building the brand.

Nail on head for me mate. Bang on.

Our Board should never be beyond scrutiny or be beyond any form of criticism.

Last point. We the fans brought fatboy back to the table by a boycott and our inept board have completely blown that opportunity to move forward. They have let us down badly here. I won’t be buying anything till SD are gone. I can’t trust our governance one iota.

Legal advice...
Fan engagement.
Building the brand.

I agree with this, the only thing we have got right in the last few years is appointing SG.
Fucked up with many previous appointments and have fucked up spectacularly in all dealing with Ashley.

Read the judges ruling then. This is where all the information is coming from.

Surely if we are forced back into the 7 year onerous contract we will be due back the £3 million we have paid them to get out of it ?

It can’t be as bleak as some are suggesting .

I know it's being appealed, but it just doesn't look great. Really can't see an end to this whole fiasco.

An update/advice from Dave king would be really helpful. Maybe not right now with the case being live, but as soon as possible.
King and the board will be silenced by SD injunction.

Really bad reading for us.
Basically our lawyers and James Blair should be fired in my opinion.
While directors look to have got it wrong, I know from experience that they will have based their decisions on internal and external legal advice including assessment of legal risks of course of action taken.

Legal advice...
Fan engagement.
Building the brand.

We not getting sued as well for that memorial garden shambles?

Ok... layman's terms here for me someone.

1. Is money to SD based on sales?
2. Is there a cap on what we give?
3. Is it based on percentage of club income, i.e. the further we progress in Europe, more money comes in, more money to Ashley?
4. What happens if SD goes under?

These may sound daft, but I don't pretend to understand it all.
Nothing has changed - the case is under appeal and until further advised by the club we continue with Elite

Surely if we are forced back into the 7 year onerous contract we will be due back the £3 million we have paid them to get out of it ?

We aren't being forced back into that deal.

We are being told we have to allow SD to match a deal that anybody else makes with us.

I'm afraid no other legal counsel will get us out of this, looks like that fat %^*& has done us. Airtight and nothing to bring in against.

That said, a change if lawyers might be on the cards as the current lot seem to have done %^*& all.

I wonder if this is why King is back in the UK now, to try and deal with the fallout from this. He was pictured at the game on Sunday.

There is no end date for the "matching" clause. It is there forever by the looks of it.

It’s grim, really f*cking grim. A huge setback that the Board, I suspect, knew was coming. Will they even be allowed to comment on it I wonder?
What ever we need to pay that fat prick will still see us earning more than the penny in pound from the last deal, not ideal I know, but we can only hope the board prepared for this outcome and have a counter plan

Back