Si Ferry meets Ian Black

I actually don't harbour the same ill-feeling towards him that others on here do.
I was disappointed with his betting antics, but I am pretty confident that he was only doing what many other footballers do, he just got caught, which was probably a combination of him being a wee bit dim and the fact that he was playing for Rangers and the betting industry is full of bitter 19th Century Terrorist bstrds.

Watching him play, I always got the impression that he took a lot of punishment whilst wearing our shirt and that referee's ignored much of it.
I also thought he enjoyed wearing the shirt and tried his best.
He wasn't great, but he wasn't the worst I have seen play for Rangers.

I wish the wee fella all the best.

When you were in the decorating game did some of the older guys play pranks on the younger ones eh?

Did they send you to B&Q for some tartan paint eh?

Must've been some great banter in the van like, eh?

He should be utterly embarrassed that 'that wee laddie' put his performances to shame that season in all honesty.

And I bet Murdoch would never dream of smirking as he's subbed early during a skelping at Easter Road like that piece of shit did.

Classic Ian Black. Everyone else's fault bar his. But as Ally told KT once "Blackie's a leader"

He should be utterly embarrassed that 'that wee laddie' put his performances to shame that season in all honesty.

And I bet Murdoch would never dream of smirking as he's subbed early during a skelping at Easter Road like that piece of shit did.

Classic Ian Black. Everyone else's fault bar his. But as Ally told KT once "Blackie's a leader"

Honest to God, what the f*ck was McCoist thinking when he signed him?

He was on the bench at Tynecastle when he assaulted Jelavic. It was an utterly appalling decision.

That “wee laddie” Murdochs career has gone a lot better after leaving Rangers than Blacks did it’s fair to say

Couldn’t stand him before he joined us, despise him even more now he’s left.

Several in the same boat but it’s a disgrace he ever got to pull on the jersey

Despised him ever since he deliberately put Jelavic out of the game for months.
Yep couldnt believe we signed him after that.He had a reputation as a hard man but spent most of his time getting put on his arse in the lower leagues.Can you imagine what would happen under the present regime if a player was betting against us.

Apart from that, Ferry is a mentally challenged and it’s run by Lawelll’s boy as someone else has posted, I’m just surprised it’s being promoted on here and wondered if there was a contractual obligation!

Just slipped through. 1hr 7m until he talks about us.

cant face his fucking voice though

Apparently we played Motherwell on the Saturday? I can’t be arsed double checking but am sure it was a Sunday after the disaster show on the Thursday at Ibrox

Apart from that, Ferry is a mentally challenged and it’s run by Lawelll’s boy as someone else has posted, I’m just surprised it’s being promoted on here and wondered if there was a contractual obligation!

I think you are reading too much into it. These interviews have been a talking point with football fans all over the country for months, every time a new one is released, they appear on various different platforms.

I actually don't harbour the same ill-feeling towards him that others on here do.
I was disappointed with his betting antics, but I am pretty confident that he was only doing what many other footballers do, he just got caught, which was probably a combination of him being a wee bit dim and the fact that he was playing for Rangers and the betting industry is full of bitter 19th Century Terrorist bstrds.

Watching him play, I always got the impression that he took a lot of punishment whilst wearing our shirt and that referee's ignored much of it.

The ball was in the air most of the time Ally was in charge....you would need to be an exceptional midfielder to shine in that team

Think some of us need to remember that we had been hit with an upcoming transfer embargo and if memory serves, we had around 4 weeks to get deals over the line. He wasn't a player I will look back on with any fondness but at least he put a shift in and made himself available and was head and shoulders above the dross we had like Sandaza, Kyle, Cribari etc.

Interesting towards the end of the interview where he calls out Stuart McCall but the vast majority on here were delighted when McCall got bumped after the end of that season.

Black spoke well of our club and its stature and for that I will say cheers for the effort in getting us back up the leagues.

I was on the golf course that day with one of our managers when that story broke. He took the phone call and his game went to shit after that and my partner and I won the money riding on that game :)

Probably the worst footballer I have ever seen who thought he was something. Signings like his were certainly the bad old days.

I think you are reading too much into it. These interviews have been a talking point with football fans all over the country for months, every time a new one is released, they appear on various different platforms.
Im not reading into anything mate, I’m only asking a question as I’m surprised it’s being touted on here for reasons previously mentioned.
I’ve only been a member for a wee while so I’m totally unaware of what’s been posted previously!

I was on the golf course that day with one of our managers when that story broke. He took the phone call and his game went to shit after that and my partner and I won the money riding on that game :)
I am not sure where the point of the story lies.
One of our managers.
a) A former Rangers manager? (Implications for him, thus upsetting his game?)
A manager of your random firm? (Fck? o_O)
A manager of a Bookmakers that you worked for. (Implications for him in his industry?)

Im not reading into anything mate, I’m only asking a question as I’m surprised it’s being touted on here for reasons previously mentioned.
I’ve only been a member for a wee while so I’m totally unaware of what’s been posted previously!

It’s not being ‘touted’ though, one guy has posted a link to the latest interview. That’s it.

The only two Rangers players I have ever detested are Black and Ricky Foster.

Both compete arseholes off the pitch and spineless cowards on it.

Ian Black was the only one I absolutely detested whilst a Rangers player. Foster and Broadfoot after being a Ranger. But the wee ned Black was never Rangers class on or off the park.

I am not sure where the point of the story lies.
One of our managers.
a) A former Rangers manager? (Implications for him, thus upsetting his game?)
A manager of your random firm? (Fck? o_O)
A manager of a Bookmakers that you worked for. (Implications for him in his industry?)

Well given I am on a Rangers forum and I presume we are both Rangers supporters then yeh, one of 'our' managers. Other than your post reminding me of Black's betting scandal then it served no other point than jogging a memory of mine!

I watched one of the interviews and that Si Ferry did my head in, almost as if he is pretending to be thick as nobody could be that stupid. Once you have heard the five or six funny stories about football players it is just rinse and repeat.

I think you’ll find it is!

Mate, you obviously have a problem with it. Ironically enough, you are bumping the thread back up every time you post in it. Humour me here...in what way is it being ‘touted’? Somebody has posted a link to the interview, the same way hundreds of other things are posted on here every day, it doesn’t mean it’s being ‘touted’.

Any time I hear the name of any of those players form those dark days, I just delight in how far we have come since then, on and off the park

Mate, you obviously have a problem with it. Ironically enough, you are bumping the thread back up every time you post in it. Humour me here...in what way is it being ‘touted’? Somebody has posted a link to the interview, the same way hundreds of other things are posted on here every day, it doesn’t mean it’s being ‘touted’.

It doesn’t matter, with all due respect if you don’t think it’s being publicised, touted, advertised or whatever on here when it’s got it’s own thread saying “Si Ferry meets Ian Black” then we’ll need to agree to disagree.

Like I said before I’ve just joined so I’ll know the score in future when they’re touting the next one.

It doesn’t matter, with all due respect if you don’t think it’s being publicised, touted, advertised or whatever on here when it’s got it’s own thread saying “Si Ferry meets Ian Black” then we’ll need to agree to disagree.

Like I said before I’ve just joined so I’ll know the score in future when they’re touting the next one.

Every single thread has its own title, otherwise nobody would know what the thread was about. I’ve just started a thread about Sport Options running a trip to Denmark for the next round of the EL. Does that mean I am ‘touting’ that?

Every single thread has its own title, otherwise nobody would know what the thread was about. I’ve just started a thread about Sport Options running a trip to Denmark for the next round of the EL. Does that mean I am ‘touting’ that?

YES!!!!! Because you’re advertising and publicising your trip FFS!! Are you for real???

Im not replying again. Cheers.

YES!!!!! Because you’re advertising and publicising your trip FFS!! Are you for real???

Im not replying again. Cheers.

My trip?? :D:D Jesus mate, maybe these Internet forums aren’t the place for you. God only knows what you make of the actual adverts on the site.

Back