Boycott Goals (Ashley related)

dmaude1872

I think as long as folk aren't buying their kit from SD we'll make a lot more difference than their £5 subs for a kick about.
Disappointing news he has his fat fingers in this pie as there aren't many alternatives except council leisure centre 5's,but he's hardly the full owner. Does he not have a similar shareholding in Tesco?

Lets be honest, the boycotts are having little impact.

Also, very few people are likely to give up a night of 5 a side with mates so Mike Ashley doesn't get their fiver.

How about if a lot of people boycott all of Ashley's businesses?

They won't/don't. Reality is he owns or has interests in a shit load of companies that Rangers fans will shop in, work in or spend recreational time and folk won't boycott everywhere as it won't suit them personally.

It's like the other novels in the boycott library on here, it won't happen en masse.

How about if a lot of people boycott all of Ashley's businesses?
I am all for that mate, I hate Ashley just as much as ever other Rangers fan, the thing is he owns so much high street brand/brands your are properly going in them and not knowing he has a share or ownership in some of the brands. I myself don’t shop in his shops but any time i’m in aberdeen his sports direct etc are busy as hell. it’s not going to make a difference honestly if Rangers fans don’t use his high street shops i’m afraid. maybe need to take off the blue glasses.

I am all for that mate, I hate Ashley just as much as ever other Rangers fan, the thing is he owns so much high street brand/brands your are properly going in them and not knowing he has a share or ownership in some of the brands. I myself don’t shop in his shops but any time i’m in aberdeen his sports direct etc are busy as hell. it’s not going to make a difference honestly if Rangers fans don’t use his high street shops i’m afraid. maybe need to take off the blue glasses.

So we just give in and flock to Sports Direct etc? Or do we do as much as we can? We have many thousands of fans. Some of Ashley's businesses have had issues recently. Some thousands of our fans taking action could have an effect.

I hate ashley, but if a few people avoid goals I can’t see it make a different to a billionaire unfortunately.
As a support we aren't going to bring down his Sports Direct empire, but avoiding businesses he has is pretty easy and I actively avoid spending money in places he has a large stake in. Simply put I'd rather never give him a penny of mine again.

For %^*& sake. Literally cannot go anywhere these days.

Only place to play 5s in Northampton!

Dramatic. But in the overall scheme of things a few folk boycotting makes not a jot of difference.

It might be dramatic but it's to the point. Our support like to moan and groan but very few are prepared to do anything about it if it means it interferes with their lifestyle. I've been a hunt sab since I was 18, sometimes you just have to decide what you value more. If people are happy handing Ashley's organisations a fiver, that's up to them. But they dont get to moan about him if they're funding him.

Everyone needs to concentrate their efforts on his Sport Direct sports business. His whole empire is built on it, it's the one that generates the most money and props up all his other businesses.

It might be dramatic but it's to the point. Our support like to moan and groan but very few are prepared to do anything about it if it means it interferes with their lifestyle. I've been a hunt sab since I was 18, sometimes you just have to decide what you value more. If people are happy handing Ashley's organisations a fiver, that's up to them. But they dont get to moan about him if they're funding him.

Is completely different from stopping playing 5 a sides as Ashley has an interest in a specific company.

I understand your sentiment but no matter of any online bravado, people are unlikely to boycott what will affect them the most in terms of cost effectiveness, convenience and recreation.

I don't look at it that I am personally handing Mike Ashley a fiver, I am looking at it as that I play football with a bunch of mates and have done nigh on every Thursday for the past 22 years. In my mind, me giving all that up because of guilt/Mike Ashley is absurd.

Back