Arsenal withdraw interest in Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet Tierney had agreed personal terms apparently

Didn’t it breakdown due to structure of payments rather than the fee?

Shocked and stunned at this news. I had him earmarked for super-stardom and a subsequent move to Real Madrid for a 9 figure fee.:eek::rolleyes:

Pretty obvious that Arsenal wouldn’t be paying the fee upfront when his injury issues are so well documented. FFS even Lemon has told the World that the player is f*cked.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Behaved like cunts with the Motherwell lad but didn't much like it when Arsenal structured the bid for their spotty crippled rebel wee prick.
This was all fantasy and spin, the old sell ST PR propoganda the unwashed and compliant media lap up...Mutton and Hartson banging their chest about a £50m player... %^*& off! I'm glad he stayed and I'm glad Lego eater signed a new deal and that thumbheid hasn't commited Hari Kari just yet because I want them all to be here come next May, The Lurgan Bigot ideally will be sacked come September after a European exit and Ibrox stuffing but I'd like him to be around also

Last edited:
I can almost guarantee they were never interested in him

Celtic have been trying to punt him for the last three windows so it wouldn't surprise me if his name was put to Arsenal and they expressed an interest. But he's not been close to being their top transfer target like the hacks up here claim. Their main target is Zaha and they want a left back at a reasonable price, not Tierney specifically.

Exact same thing happened with Scott Brown in the previous transfer window, media reported he was meant to be off to Australia but stayed at Celtic and was the “best signing of the transfer window” by choosing to stay at Celtic. A PR stunt to please supporters that their better players aren’t being sold to disguise an underwhelming transfer window.

Celtic wanted the money upfront, Arsenal with a never ending history of crocked players quite rightly wanted to do instalments based on appearances.

Something very strange about this deal from day one, my guess is they knew he would not pass the medical so could not accept the offer.

For me I'm glad that they didn't sell him for the £15m or so upfront that was talked about.

He's only a left back in the end and one that had a significantly less productive season in terms of goals per 90, assists per 90 and chances created per 90 than Tavernier did.

Plus he was injured for a lot of the season and they still won the league. I think the money would have made it harder for us than him staying would.

Last edited:
For me I'm glad that they didn't sell him for the £15m or so upfront that was talked about.

He's only a left back in the end and one that had a significantly less productive season in terms of goals per 90, assists per 90 and chances per 90 than Tavernier did.

Plus he was injured for a lot of the season and they still won the league. I think the money would have made if harder for us than him staying would.

This. I will be much happier to see McGregor out the door than Tierney.

He's only a left back in the end and one that had a significantly less productive season in terms of goals per 90, assists per 90 and chances per 90 than Tavernier did.

Plus he was injured for a lot of the season and they still won the league. I think the money would have made if harder for us than him staying would.

He's fucking bang average and he's damaged goods. If they'd got £5 million for him it would have been excellent business. Now they're stuck with him and his shite replacement! :)):)):)):))

Arsenal have decided against making a further move for Kieran Tierney after having a third bid rejected.

The 22-year-old full back is the subject of numerous bids from Arsenal but the English Premier League club have decided they won't be making any more.

The Celtic defender is understood to be interested in a move but is unwilling to push for an exit from his boyhood heroes.

And Arsenal have decided they need to walk away from the deal and look elsewhere.

Celtic wanted the vast majority of the £25m up front but Arsenal wanted to stagger payments.

The Hoops felt that many of the clauses were unrealistic and they feel they don't need to sell the players so were unwilling to budge on the move.

Tierney has struggled with a debilitating osteitis pubis problem while he's also had to deal with a double hernia operation.

Napoli have also been monitoring Tierney's situation and could be set to test the waters for a bid.

I'm still struggling with it going from £15 million to £25m in the space of a couple of days!
No 18, 20 or 22? Just a straight up improved offer of £10m?

I'm calling bullshit.

I'm still struggling with it going from £15 million to £25m in the space of a couple of days!
No 18, 20 or 22? Just a straight up improved offer of £10m?

I'm calling bullshit.
It was reported that it was about £15m upfront then more in clauses. Some quite unlikely for Arsenal such as CL qualification and winning the league. That brought it up to £25m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back