SD v RFC Judgement

This is different .

This affects the club, and the fans confidence in our whole set up . After years of boycott people are now keen to pay money for kits and to proudly wear it , and contribute to the clubs finaces

We can still buy tops. A definitive decision will likely be some time away.

It’s not great. But nor is it the death knell others are pushing.

Why would it affect your confidence in the Club?

I said I won’t be buying any more merchandise until I am certain SDI don’t get a penny of it . That’s my personal choice . I’m not asking anyone else to do anything.

As far as I see that’s not currently the case and therefore I’ll put my money in through another avenue other than merchandise to ensure the club don’t lose out .

Is that so difficult to grasp ? I do not trust Ashley or SDI one bit and having already spent a fair bit on kit for the kids I’ll now draw a line there until it’s all sorted for certain . I hope that’s okay with you ?

You are a complete drama queen and contradicting yourself, go to bed and do yourself a favour.

Ay, but how much longer will we be protected by European law for? 31st October?

No, because if we leave the EU, all EU based laws will be adopted into our legislation. It would be until that is tested in a British court and an alternative judgement or new case law is made.

We can still buy tops. A definitive decision will likely be some time away.

It’s not great. But nor is it the death knell others are pushing.

Why would it affect your confidence in the Club?

I agree , it’s miles from a death knell and I don’t think any bears will be taken in by hollicom or whoever spin in this day and age .

I’ve said time and again it’s manageable and while it makes a dent it’s still a better position to be in than the ridicuous previous pence in the pound deal we had .

However you only need to read through the board and speak to friends and family to understand how it knocks confidence , as I explained earlier we have only now got used to seeing our kids around town and on holiday proudly showing off the new kit and it’s brilliant to see . Anything that throws a cloud over that clearly pisses us off and gives us a knock - it’s only natural .

While I fully back out board in all they’ve done , mistakes and all , it’s clear this retail situation is a minefield to get out of and we haven’t made a good job of it so far . In time it’ll be resolved I’m confident of that much .

It’s a wishy washy statement that doesn’t really provide any substance but is evidently only tackling one aspect, which appears to be media reports stating we have been told to pay many millions.

That’s not true, as the club says, but only because it hasn’t been confirmed how much SDI will look for and how much the court will hold us to.

Either way, the bigger issue overall is still being in a contract with SDI moving forward and whether the impact on Elite/Hummel will lead to them suing us.

No matter what we are ordered to pay up, those things don’t change because of it. The payment is not a pay-off that ends the contract.

You are a complete drama queen and contradicting yourself, go to bed and do yourself a favour.

Absolute rubbish , read my posts . Drama queen ? I’ve been consistent that there’s no drama here and that it’s a perfectly manageable , if undesirable , situation .

Now you move on .

I agree , it’s miles from a death knell and I don’t think any bears will be taken in by hollicom or whoever spin in this day and age .

I’ve said time and again it’s manageable and while it makes a dent it’s still a better position to be in than the ridicuous previous pence in the pound deal we had .

However you only need to read through the board and speak to friends and family to understand how it knocks confidence , as I explained earlier we have only now got used to seeing our kids around town and on holiday proudly showing off the new kit and it’s brilliant to see . Anything that throws a cloud over that clearly pisses us off and gives us a knock - it’s only natural .

While I fully back out board in all they’ve done , mistakes and all , it’s clear this retail situation is a minefield to get out of and we haven’t made a good job of it so far . In time it’ll be resolved I’m confident of that much .

I’m not sure there is a good way of getting out of it. It’s going to be painful, costly and timely. That’s why I’m a little more sanguine about the situation.

Can I just anyone slaughtering the board can GTF as far as I am concerned
Our board would have been taking legal advice from Blair and others in regards the retail deal, the same people our board would have been taking legal advice in regards the Ibrox memorial garden,then signing the contract which we then decided to rip up and now sees us with yet another company taking us to court and suing us for guess what "breach of contract".

Do you not see a pattern here.

I do understand the motives of those who are maybe thinking about buying no more striips for this season.

However, IF we are thinking along the lines of getting a third-party to go along the lines of what has been suggested (putting a shedload of cash up front in advance, and then allowing them to rake it back in through massive strip sales, then we really MUST let such a third-party see that there IS a mass market that WILL in the future buy those strips.

It's a difficult decision, but one where I'm going to swallow the bile that goes with it and continue to buy strips this season, as and when I can.
If that plays any part in encouraging a deal after this season, that sees our Club freed from SD, then good.
It may not.
But it might.

I have to challenge. There is NO route in the judgement to write a tidy cheque to get rid of him. The contract allows renewal in perpetuity on matches terms. You are just making things up.

I'm not making anything up, I'm just giving my opinion.

I stand by it we won't be going back into a deal with SD it is impossible now.

Absolute rubbish , read my posts . Drama queen ? I’ve been consistent that there’s no drama here and that it’s a perfectly manageable , if undesirable , situation .

Now you move on .

No drama, perfectly manageable, but you chose not to buy merchandise despite the club advising it’s fine. Maybe we don’t sell kit in the colours you normally wear?

No drama, perfectly manageable, but you chose not to buy merchandise despite the club advising it’s fine. Maybe we don’t sell kit in the colours you normally wear?

I have bought merch , so yet more nonsense from you . Don’t bother replying - cheers .

No, because if we leave the EU, all EU based laws will be adopted into our legislation....

Funny, I seem to recall the Leave campaign was all about getting rid of EU law governing the UK. If my memory serves me right, then I would not rely on your assertion that "all EU based laws will be adopted into our legislation." Not what I remember Boris saying 3 years ago.

I understand people wanting to do boycotts etc again. This bastard doesnt care a jot .. its personal now with him and principle.. this is a shit who walked into a 0hr contract sweatshop last week holding a wad of £50 notes...
I really dont when this is going to end

Our board would have been taking legal advice from Blair and others in regards the retail deal, the same people our board would have been taking legal advice in regards the Ibrox memorial garden,then signing the contract which we then decided to rip up and now sees us with yet another company taking us to court and suing us for guess what "breach of contract".

Do you not see a pattern here.

You have picked 2 negatives from a tenure that includes many positives. If it wasnt for the current board you wouldnt have a club never mind a fuckin memorial garden to greet about

I don’t know . I’d imagine the contract was signed while under European law which could be what counts .

I do have confidence we will get there with this eventually , it’s just going to require patience and time . SDI are pure poison , nobody should even consider using them or any of Ashley’s companies .

Contracts will need re-papered under Brexit. Could be a way out.

I understand people wanting to do boycotts etc again. This bastard doesnt care a jot .. its personal now with him and principle.. this is a shit who walked into a 0hr contract sweatshop last week holding a wad of £50 notes...

The guy is the lowest of the low, ask any worker or any long suffering Newcastle fan .

He’s not a billionaire for nothing , ruthless but classless and going into places with wads of cash shows him up for what he is .

I would also say that there’s nothing to boycott in relation to rangers at the minute.

I don’t shop in SD as a matter of principle so that’s an ongoing one as it will be with many other fans, but in relation to rangers we can continue to buy the strips - that has been rangers advice here.

You have picked 2 negatives from a tenure that includes many positives. If it wasnt for the current board you wouldnt have a club never mind a fuckin memorial garden to greet about
Two negatives that will cost the club millions, a retail deal that the very board you talk about signed a deal with Ashley, the same board who thought it was clever bringing in Elite to get one over Ashley when he had a watertight contract and through that there is a high possibilty that Hummel will have their contract terminated and then perhaps Elite and Hummel suing the club.

Excuse me for being a little pissed off.

Two negatives that will cost the club millions, a retail deal that the very board you talk about signed a deal with Ashley, the same board who thought it was clever bringing in Elite to get one over Ashley when he had a watertight contract and through that there is a high possibilty that Hummel will have their contract terminated and then perhaps Elite and Hummel suing the club.

Excuse me for being a little pissed off.

Remind me again who covers any losses the club have made over the last few years?

No mate. Ashley still has what he wanted. Rangers by the balls. Dave King has clearly and sadly not ousted him at all

Ashley has us tied up to a certain extent with merchandise but that's it. Before that he had a large percentage of shares. Free advertising. Rights to edminston house etc etc. What would you have done different.. Ah that's right stay In the 7 year deal where we got 7p in the £ then when it ended it also had the matching rights clause in it.

The board came into a mess and are trying. YES. trying to get out of it. Obviously it's harder to break contracts

I'm not making anything up, I'm just giving my opinion.

I stand by it we won't be going back into a deal with SD it is impossible now.

The law says we have to and the contract this board signed states we have to allow them to match any deal.
we will be with SD for some time.
The board have made an arse of this.

I still cant believe that matching clause was overlooked, absolute incompetence
I don't believe anyone can be that stupid. I don't think anything was overlooked. If we didn't sign that new contract Ashley would have walked and held us to the 7 year deal. I think we've gambled and obviously lost.

Ashley has us tied up to a certain extent with merchandise but that's it. Before that he had a large percentage of shares. Free advertising. Rights to edminston house etc etc. What would you have done different.. Ah that's right stay In the 7 year deal where we got 7p in the £ then when it ended it also had the matching rights clause in it.

The board came into a mess and are trying. YES. trying to get out of it. Obviously it's harder to break contracts

Missing my point entirely. Ashley may no longer have shares but is still a huge irritant. He doesnt need shares to do that. So for him its mission accomplished.

Reality is this will run and run and run.

Judgement, appeal, new claim, Judgement, appeal, claim and so on..until a judge says enough is enough. Pay the fat c-nt x amount of money and that's the contract void due to toxic relations.
If we can get the fat kunt to the table I would try and come to some agreement to be done with him once and for all. Pay the fat prick.

STUPID QUESTION TIME....

What happens if we just say “aye, no bother” to the courts and continue dealing directly with Hummel and Elite? Presumably fines would follow, would it get any more serious than that? Folks getting banged up etc?

I don't believe anyone can be that stupid. I don't think anything was overlooked. If we didn't sign that new contract Ashley would have walked and held us to the 7 year deal. I think we've gambled and obviously lost.

Of course it wasn't overlooked. Its just one calculated move in this drawn out battle.

Yes, they wouldnt have willingly planned on walking into 2 years of litigation knowing they wouldnt have a leg to stand on

Litigation will go on for the foreseeable regardless. SDI have zero interest in dealing with Rangers. Their only plan is to frustrate the process for as long as they possibly can.

STUPID QUESTION TIME....

What happens if we just say “aye, no bother” to the courts and continue dealing directly with Hummel and Elite? Presumably fines would follow, would it get any more serious than that? Folks getting banged up etc?

Yes it probably wouldn't be a great suggestion

Litigation will go on for the foreseeable regardless. SDI have zero interest in dealing with Rangers. Their only plan is to frustrate the process for as long as they possibly can.
It wouldn't have had Rangers followed their contractual obligations which they agreed to, can't use the spivs as an excuse this time

Back