Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Make no mistake,if we can get the police and journalists in usa interested enough to pick up the story of cairney and do their investigations thoroughly,then we can ramp up the pressure on the mp's here for a public inquiry by letting them know,due to their silence,we brought it to the attention of the world now.

Yes, we can do that mate, it's called shaming them into action.

We shouldn't need to prompt them, but it is Scotland 2019 after all. I'm so ashamed of this country at times and this is one of them.

Tommy, can you please PM me? Thanks.

I can only give what I can remember as a young footballer who had aspirations to be a prof. The general consensus was in my day that the best chance of turning prof was to go to Celtic BC as they were connected to the club. Rangers BC was just a club using the name Rangers and had totally no connection to the club. I am talking about the seventies.
I think there were rangers boys clubs all over the place. The one local to me (In the north) had no connections

I've got some concerns the historical articles have been 'doctored'.

The insertion of one line appears in numerous articles now archived on various sites. Yet I do not recall reading that line in any articles at the time....

It is an independent organisation and, while not officially part of Celtic FC, it has a long and proud association with Parkhead.

There is a stench here with this sudden repeated emergence of that outright lie.

Anyone else remember that far back reading these articles and seeing that comment? There would surely have been something said at the time had any publication suggested they're A SEPARATE ENTITY in the 80's and 90's!

HOLLICOM SANITISATION EXPERTISE AT WORK? :mad:
Not sure if this actually works but any changes to articles on the BBC site should be visible here http://newsdiffs.org/

What is the hold up at the moment with compensation claims or Celtic being taken to court for their part in the cover up?

Are the SFA holding this up or is their other cases to be resolved first?

Given the role Kevin Kelly has in the middle of this and his links to Torbett surly he should be taken in for questioning.

McGinn and Mcsherry need questioned under oath

The insertion of one line appears in numerous articles now archived on various sites. Yet I do not recall reading that line in any articles at the time....

It is an independent organisation and, while not officially part of Celtic FC, it has a long and proud association with Parkhead.

There is a stench here with this sudden repeated emergence of that outright lie.

Anyone else remember that far back reading these articles and seeing that comment? There would surely have been something said at the time had any publication suggested they're A SEPARATE ENTITY in the 80's and 90's!

Agree George.

I have never noticed that sentence previously.

That’s not the type of language that you’d use in the 80’s , that’s modern day speak imo

If that was genuine it would have been worded differently , looks like the club like no other are doctoring archives ,the question is why ? if they’ve nothing to hide

That’s not the type of language that you’d use in the 80’s , that’s modern day speak imo

If that was genuine it would have been worded differently , looks like the club like no other are doctoring archives ,the question is why ? if they’ve nothing to hide
I agree with you. It 100% reads like it was scripted in the last few weeks.

What article did this come from?

What articles are they @George Goudie?

I’m sure collectively we could do a bit of research into the original copies.

Bobafett Bear; Notwithstanding that it was long after the horse had bolted;

(1) If that text is accurate," WHY DID CELTIC" issue (assume they composed it) that document? (on cfc logo paper?)
(2) Did they make sure & retain the signed receipt of issue on CFC
Filing System.
(3) Smacks of Wee Fungus; too protect his investment & make it look like there was actual paper work kept in order, for any likely visit by follow on departments maybe?

Totally agree WB the Bunnet knew all along and is as complicit as the bloody rest of them bro

We are all talking about this scandal and the cover up and it must be uncovered and the spotlight turned on all the people who have been hiding it, from government ministers by their non participation, the police and of course that club from directors down to the affiliated guys from Celtic Boys club who made the pact in the airport.
The part that gets to me most out of some of the most horrific stories and admissions of being sexually assaulted is this, please remember this is what it is about and nothing else.

Andrew Gray's sister said he told her on his deathbed “You must see this through – for me and the other victims”

Last edited:
We are all talking about this scandal and the cover up and it must be uncovered and the spotlight turned on all the people who have been hiding it, from government ministers by their non participation, the police and of course that club from directors down to the affiliated guys from Celtic Boys club who made the pact in the airport.
The part that gets to me most out of some of the most horrific stories and admissions of being sexually assaulted is this, please remember this what it is about and nothing else.

Andrew Gray's sister said he told her on his deathbed “You must see this through – for me and the other victims”

Good post nemessis ;)

Reply received today from debbie klein on behalf of mr darroch..

Thank you for your email. I am replying on behalf of Mr Darroch.
Child safeguarding is a vitally important part of sports participation, and these matters are rightly being dealt with by the police and the relevant authorities.
The Scottish FA, as the governing body for football in Scotland, takes child wellbeing, safeguarding and the protection of children very seriously, and has conducted a review into the criminal offences which took place. The structures and the organisation of Scottish football in relation to safeguarding young people and reducing risk, and the policies, procedures and processes concerning the protection of young people are part of this review.

Yours sincerely

Debbie Klein

There is no more damaging story for them than this one yet it doesn’t seem to have been followed up

1. It shows that Celtic FC were making decisions for the boys club
2. What did Celtic FC say to the parents that made them leave matters in the clubs hands
3. Has anyone spoken to Pat Brannigan since to get his story
4. Why were the police never informed so as to prevent Cairney offending again
5. Why would Jack McGinn be involved with the resignation if they were a separate entity
6. They state that they were not concerned that they were quite covered- that just goes to show that their only concern was for themselves and not the welfare of the kids or to prevent further offending
7. Why did Celtic FC set up a counselling service if they were a separate entity

Lots of questions need answered and this is only one of many many many incidents
If it was my kid who had been the victim, I'd expect to be the first person contacted and asked how I want to proceed. They were able to contact Celtic to ask how they wanted them to handle the issue, so why not the parents who had entrusted them with temporary guardianship of their children?

I would not want someone who is a colleague of the nonce making decisions based on 'not wanting to meet the parents at Glasgow Airport without two of the boys' - they'd be in protective custody whilst the American police liaise with the families in Scotland and ascertain the facts of the case, then put on a plane back home.

The part that gets to me most out of some of the most horrific stories and admissions of being sexually assaulted is this, please remember this is what it is about and nothing else.

Horrific is the word. What a club.

I think Andrew actually used the words "get him" at some point, so for Andrew, the wonderful Helene and Michelle, Kenny and all of the victims who have shown great bravery in coming forward, let's hope these cants get nailed to the wall.

Reply received today from debbie klein on behalf of mr darroch..

Thank you for your email. I am replying on behalf of Mr Darroch.
Child safeguarding is a vitally important part of sports participation, and these matters are rightly being dealt with by the police and the relevant authorities.
The Scottish FA, as the governing body for football in Scotland, takes child wellbeing, safeguarding and the protection of children very seriously, and has conducted a review into the criminal offences which took place. The structures and the organisation of Scottish football in relation to safeguarding young people and reducing risk, and the policies, procedures and processes concerning the protection of young people are part of this review.

Yours sincerely

Debbie Klein

Exactly the same as mine Tommy.

I would love to get their genuine reaction and feelings regarding what went on in that hell hole, instead of more lip service from them. That monstrosity in the East End has got to be razed to the ground when this is done.

That's around another 20 or so emails sent to American sources before I have to leave it for now. I'll try and do a few later tonight, or certainly over tomorrow at some point. One was a TV station in New Jersey which may be useful.

It seems as though things are starting to gather pace again, I certainly hope so.

I know we're all keen to see this come to a conclusion, more so the victims and their families by the proverbial mile, but we really do need to be patient. It will take time, a lot more time, but it has to be done right. Intelligent lawyers and others, are spending a huge amount of time and effort in this and if there's any justice to be had, these cants will be nailed to the wall.

The more I learn and deal with this, the more emotional and disgusted I get. Just think how the victims and their families must feel though.

Close these cants down!

Looks as though this phrase came from their 1997 Child Protection Policy. If it is now found in earlier articles and reports, I would smell a rat.

By 1997, they had every reason to create distance between CFC and CBC.

It was reported that one of the abused players was 16 at the time and went on to play for the first team. I wonder if the abuse stopped after he signed a pro contract or carried on into CFC.

Is this the only article that this paragraph appears in ?

Not clued up on how to search historical web pages but if someone is doctoring articles it may appear in more than one ?

Any FF detectives able to search to see if its more than just article ?

Is this the only article that this paragraph appears in ?

Not clued up on how to search historical web pages but if someone is doctoring articles it may appear in more than one ?

Any FF detectives able to search to see if its more than just article ?

There are some posters who have the original articles saved from the 90’s.

To all lurking in “your time is coming”

Good news

How many articles have been tampered with ? (The c.unts have plenty of form for that)

If we have evidence of articles being doctored some respectable journalist (Marc Horne) must out these bastards

If Hollicom are involved then they should be named and shamed if they are responsible

Nonce FC are repugnant

Some time ago, I emailed New Balance asking why they were continuing to sponsor Them. recently, i got a reply which referred me to, according to them, the appropriate email address which was .......
uk.athletesponsorship@newbalance.com or Competitions@newbalance.com

I sent the following email...

Dear Sirs.
I find myself wondering why your company would continue to support through sponsorship, a Scottish Premiership football club that has been complicit in enabling, facilitating and concealing the sexual abuse of young footballers over a period of several decades.

I ask myself " does it know the tsunami of scandal that is about to descend on that football club?
Is it aware of the dozens of civil law suites that are being prepared in a Glasgow solicitor's office on behalf of the victims?
Does it know of at least two t.v. documentaries currently in production which will expose the club's reprehensible attitude to the victims when they are aired in a matter of months?"

Then I realise that your company is totally unaware of any of the above. No company would expose itself to the risk of having its brand irretrievably tarnished by its association with such a football club.

Would it?

I look forward to your comments.

Yours sincerely.

Should I receive a reply, I will post it.

Walter V. Robinson led the Spotlight Team’s investigation that uncovered the Catholic Church sexual abuse scandal. He has been city editor, metro editor, White House correspondent and foreign correspondent. He has reported for the Globe from 48 states and more than 30 countries.

Editor at large @BostonGlobe.com

walter.robinson@globe.com
Bostonbostonglobe.com/staff/robinson

Twitter:
Walter V Robinson
@WalterVRobinson

Surely even then they may have said proud association with Celtic Football and Athletic Club in the 80s (in regards to legal entity)

I know the name of the boy who was abused and had it confirmed by someone close to the families but I won't put it out into the public domain on here because as far as I know the guy is still to decide whether he wants to go public.

I feel the boy wont be alone in feeling like this Hateleysheid,there will be many more like him somehow feeling shame for something not of their doing,and of course once the name is out there you can be gauranteed the manky mob will be all over it,I hope the boy finds the courage from somewhere and names the bastard who did this awful crime.

The original article is from Daily Record 13th November 1998

If someone can get the hands on the original, then it can be compared. Would the Mitchell Library have a back catalogue of newspapers on microfilm?

The Vanguard Bears (General Schomberg) quoted the article in April 2013. Maybe he/they have access to the original.

If someone can get the hands on the original, then it can be compared. Would the Mitchell Library have a back catalogue of newspapers on microfilm?

The Vanguard Bears (General Schomberg) quoted the article in April 2013. Maybe he/they have access to the original.

They will have.

Would love to be wrong but I really think that all of this archive tampering is a bit of a red herring. It would be believable only if that "distancing" phrase is now apparent in material from before the first exposures of the scandal.

The courts can be a very unforgiving place as we know. Unless there is a very definitive and technically legal link they will walk. It's ok saying Stein sacked Torbett and citing court testimonies from the original trial. But their lawyers will want p45's as evidence. The victims will also need testimonies from the likes of Macari.

I think this will all hinge on Cairney as he was a direct employee. Could see a judge summing up by saying that while people knew at CFC his hands are tied etc due to the legalities.

Newspaper articles alone wont win it for the victims. To date what is the strongest evidence out there that proves they are the same ?

The same insurance could be the strongest piece of evidence. Is there anything else ?

Seen a bear arguing with them on twitter and they were firing screenshots of Thomsons also having claims against us. I'll try and find it.

I know the name of the boy who was abused and had it confirmed by someone close to the families but I won't put it out into the public domain on here because as far as I know the guy is still to decide whether he wants to go public.

So would you tell BB this name then mate ? He’s in touch with the Gray Family who this can really help ?

You don’t need to tell any of us !!

Back