Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

He’s a warrior and should start most games, have a feeling Stevie still sees him as backup though.

I love the big fella! Only thing stopping Goldson being no1 is that he stands off too long for my liking.

This is our best CB selection for many years.

I feel for him. Knew even when he was playing well the gaffer would seek to replace him.

Must admit it does look like we have 4 quality centre backs which is great, but Katic is far bigger aerial threat than Goodson and Edmundson, too early to comment on the big Swede.

Not seen enough of the 2 new guys yet but he is an outstanding centre half.I would have him before Goldson as I think Goldson is slower when a ball goes over the top

Two good GK’s
Four good CB’s
Two great strikers

Davis, Aribo, Arfield......

Firstly time in a while - we have “back-up” options who are more than capable as our “first picks”

I don’t think any individual player in our squad could be considered a guaranteed first pick week after week.

Nice discussion to be having! Remember a few years ago rob kiernan and danny wilson were our cb pairing. Go back a further few years, perry and cribari:eek:

The way the opinions swing on here after a good 90 mins or a goal is absolutely fucking mental.

We’ve got four very capable central defenders, but Goldson was the best two weeks ago, last week Edmundson was better than Katic and now this.

Folk need to calm it.

Nope.

He's very good, but still very raw and needs the likes of Goldson and Helander to guide him. He is getting there though.

I think you'll see Gerrard favouring Goldson and Helander, and probably Edmundson before Niko this season. But we have fantastic options

He's certainly the best in the air. Best at positioning or 1 on 1s? Still up for debate. Which is a nice position to be in!

Agree with the OP. Doesn't take much for our manager to drop him though. He is a massive threat at corners.

I haven't a clue who the best partnship at CH is but suspect Helander will play most games due to being left footed and his pedigree. Must admit its a good group we have there, for a change.

I still think defensively he has more mistakes in him than our other defenders (need to see more of Edmundson of course) but his aerial threat at corners is a weapon.

I'm very happy with our 4 choices at CB though.

I don’t think he’s the best yet, but we have a really good player on our hands who will be a top player for us.
He looks to be the most dangerous from corners which is nice.

Back