Pedro Mendes - penny for his thoughts?

Brunosponytail

Just seen a Mendes compilation on fb, and it reminded me of his involvement in Caixhaina coming to us.

I’d love to know his honest opinion of him? Did he think he was selling us a dud? I’d like to think not....but who knows?

End of the day he probably made money out of it.

Pals with him. Knew his abilities but underestimated the job at hand. Made a good wedge.

He may have played for us, but I’m sure professional success (and financial) comes before any ‘lotalty’

Pals with him. Knew his abilities but underestimated the job at hand. Made a good wedge.

He may have played for us, but I’m sure professional success (and financial) comes before any ‘lotalty’

Sadly this is probably true, as much as I liked Pedro (Mendes)

Never got the clamour for Mendes the player and Mendes the agent will be out to look after no one but himself (that's not a criticism just a fact)
He sold us on buying a Mercedes and we got a Citroen

Never got the clamour for Mendes the player and Mendes the agent will be out to look after no one but himself (that's not a criticism just a fact)

The biggest problem I have with the pc situation is the length of contract.

MW moves us on from AM. PC moved us on from MW. All moving in the right direction.

He’s not a shit manager or anything like that. Just not got the ability to take us where we need to go.

Pedro is an agent. We all know their objectives. Use their contacts to make deals. We need to box smart.

Does anyone know in what way Pedro was involved?

I know he was pictured next to him at Parkhead but I also know he wasn't his agent. Nuno Batista is Pedro's agent.

It’s not his fault though, all it should have taken to avoid the mistake was for any of our board to look at how poor Pedro Caixinha’s CV was, realise he was no Rangers manager and to simply say ‘no thanks’.

Pals with him, can you get a top signed for me mate ?

He probably thought he was doing us (and himself) a turn when he paired us up with Pedro. To be fair to Mendez, it was not his fault that our directors made such a poor judgement call.

MW moves us on from AM. PC moved us on from MW. All moving in the right direction.

He’s not a shit manager or anything like that. Just not got the ability to take us where we need to go.

Pedro is an agent. We all know their objectives. Use their contacts to make deals. We need to box smart.

Not sue PC moved us on that much from MW though. As we have said on here a gazillions times, a massive gamble that has gone wrong

%^*& me are some people on here really turning on Mendes?

He's an agent, he does what's best for his client and himself as this is his source of income. He's not going to think any less of the club because they sacked a client of his and he clearly thought well enough of us to play a part in Pedro coming to the club thinking he would do a good job and not just looking to get a bit of extra cash even if Pedro's appointment was a disaster.

Not pedro mendes fault it was the people on the board responsible for recruitment. The blame lies at their feet. They should have had one look at caixinha's cv and said thanks but no thanks.

I thought he was an outstanding player, a Rolls Royce, and I'm sure his intentions were good in recommending Pedro.

And btw, what have you got against Citroen?
(Good cars and Andre Citroen was a prominent Freemason ;))

Pray tell how Pedro Caixinha is not a "shit manager"?

He moved us on, aye, but he spent about 6 million in doing so - and we've "moved on" marginally. Where do you think he'll end up next?

Mendes is an agent. Agents are motivated by money regardless of who gets caught in the cross-fire.

Mendes got a good deal and a reportedly decent pay-off for caixinha. Which Mendes himself will have had a % cut of.

Mendes was a great player for us but he’s a different animal now. I think he’ll be more focused on getting another club/contract for caixinha than he will be giving a toss about us.

Pedro Caixinha was/is a shit manager who hardly improved us at all despite spending around £7m.

You’re very easily pleased if your happy with our progress considering the investment made in the team.

Pedro Caixinha was/is a shit manager who hardly improved us at all despite spending around £7m.

You’re very easily pleased if your happy with our progress considering the investment made in the team.
If progress is going from 3rd to 4th and being humiliated by the tinks then he made progress

I’m not happy. Far from it. But we have a far better squad than last season and are within spitting distance of them at the top. Not ideal, but better than mw

I’m not happy. Far from it. But we have a far better squad than last season and are within spitting distance of them at the top. Not ideal, but better than mw

Forget the squad and look at the results, form and and Pedro’s record.

We’re on a par with MW’s! (or pretty damn close to it for a £7m investment)

Having a better squad than last season should be a bare minimum bearing in mind the money spent.

There was very little progress under Pedro if any. Pedro took one point more than Warburton and that's despite Warburton going to both Pittodrie and Parkhead in his first ten games of the season and Pedro being given significantly more funds. Warburton was and is a far better manager than Pedro.

Having a better squad than last season should be a bare minimum bearing in mind the money spent.

There was very little progress under Pedro if any. Pedro took one point more than Warburton and that's despite Warburton going to both Pittodrie and Parkhead in his first ten games of the season and Pedro being given significantly more funds. Warburton was and is a far better manager than Pedro.

There's not even a comparison

If a League One job like Blackburn or something became available Caixinha wouldn't even be in with a chance of getting it. That's the pedigree we're dealing with here

"Mon the Pedro!" Christ

I thought he was an outstanding player, a Rolls Royce, and I'm sure his intentions were good in recommending Pedro.

And btw, what have you got against Citroen?
(Good cars and Andre Citroen was a prominent Freemason ;))

Haha nothing in particular, except if I buy a gift wrapped merc and open it to find it's a Citroen then I'd be a tiny bit depressed

So many people seem quick to forget that we would be sitting second on 29 points if we hadn’t been robbed by refs. Would we then have moved on and would he still be a shite manager as some say?

So many people seem quick to forget that we would be sitting second on 29 points if we hadn’t been robbed by refs. Would we then have moved on and would he still be a shite manager as some say?

I'd like to have seen Pedro given time, more than 1 transfer window, I think he'd have came good in the end.
Decisions certainly went against him in a job where expectation is immediate and unforgiving.

All about opinions.................

I'd like to have seen Pedro given time, more than 1 transfer window, I think he'd have came good in the end.
Decisions certainly went against him in a job where expectation is immediate and unforgiving.

When the players turn on a manager he’s a dead man walking

He lost the dressing room

Look at the difference in effort of the players with Murty

When the players turn on a manager he’s a dead man walking

He lost the dressing room

Look at the difference in effort of the players with Murty

How do you know he lost the dressing room? Because Kenny Miller spat the dummy and ran to the press? Someone that had not exactly contributed a lot this season?

What did you see in Pedro Caixinha that made you think he would be a good manager? His tactics? Man management? Or media handling?

Pedro is not a bad manager. His time at us was a mixed bag but he seems an intelligent man who has good ideas and I think given more than 7 months and 1 transfer window we would have improved.

But it’s in the past now. I hope he goes on to have a good career as for every mistake he may have made the ridicule he got from the media was a disgrace. Sadly our fans started to buy into it and that was that.

Mistakes and a mixture of bad luck with injuries etc. Maybe he just wasn’t a good fit for us overall but he gave it his best and in a very short period with his own squad the trigger was pulled.

Good luck to him.

See I agree with this. I know some that do but sadly it’s in the past now. I just wish our support would lay of the bashing of him.

How do you know he lost the dressing room? Because Kenny Miller spat the dummy and ran to the press? Someone that had not exactly contributed a lot this season?

He banned the club captain from attending games at Ibrox

I was a Pedro fan right up until the Motherwell game

It was clear the dressing room was split

It could only go two ways he went or the players went

What did you see in Pedro Caixinha that made you think he would be a good manager? His tactics? Man management? Or media handling?

Mate, I know Pedro had his failings, It's nothing other than a personal feeling, I reckon given time, he would have came good when settled into the 2 horse race that is Scottish Football.

We gave him 1 transfer window.............it's not enough for anyone to completely overhaul a club..

He banned the club captain from attending games at Ibrox

I was a Pedro fan right up until the Motherwell game

It was clear the dressing room was split

It could only go two ways he went or the players went

I defended Pedro a lot but he chucked it at Hampden.

Robinson barked out orders, sent messages down and did everything a manager should. Pedro went up in the stand and took the huff.

I defended Pedro a lot but he chucked it at Hampden.

Robinson barked out orders, sent messages down and did everything a manager should. Pedro went up in the stand and took the huff.

His little strop at Hamilton, sitting there lifeless, refusing to celebrate the goals or get involved in the game, was pathetic for me

The fact he had the audacity to come away with the "blue blood" shite after the Kilmarnock draw confirmed to me that he was indeed tuned to another planet

Back