rangers atmosphere ideas thread

SG once again highlighted how much the fans help the team when Ibrox is rocking and despite this being brought up by him so often there's still those that for whatever reason don't join in, feel like in this thread we should discuss in ways to get everyone involved in Ibrox atmosphere and discuss what stops those that don't join etc and posting song lyrics to songs you feel lack involvement from fans as well as talk about ways to have other stands rocking in sync with UB (for those that don't like the UB if Ibrox didn't rely on UB they wouldn't need to lead the way)

Last edited:
SG once again highlighted how much the fans help the team when Ibrox is rocking and despite this being brought up by him so often there's still those that for whatever reason don't join in, feel like in this thread we should discuss in ways to get everyone involved in Ibrox atmosphere and discuss what stops those that don't join etc and posting song lyrics to songs you feel lack involvement from fans and talk about ways to have other stands rocking in sync with UB
It's those pesky Rangers Das. Too busy eating their Werther's Originals and their Granny Sookers (one for the teenagers, that) to get involved.

need more organization between the two stands at either side of the Broomloan to have the rocking in sync with the ub imo

using platforms like this and twitter or groupchats to spread chants and lyrics as far and fast as possible ios ideal

'...we''ll go after Hibs. We need Ibrox to be rocking at the weekend because we've put a lot into tonight so we need the crowd at the weekend' words from our gaffer last night he's begging us to provide the atmosphere

a bus with free werthers originals written on the side that instead drives them to parkheed to perish would be ideal

Some of the pre match music is really tired now and does nothing for atmosphere and I know why we can’t have the full version of simply the best but I hate the short one that’s played now it does nothing for me anymore . Not very helpful for suggestions but just my opinion

Extend the UB ?
Lets be frank, they are the atmosphere in the stadium - when they are quiet, its like a library.
This, i sit in various areas when i come up and some parts just dont join in much. As mich as i want to join in when everyone around is sat down in silence i dont want to look like an idiot singing on my own.
Im sure lots of fans are the same. The UB need extended to encourage a larger part of the stadium to get involved

Extend the UB ?
Lets be frank, they are the atmosphere in the stadium - when they are quiet, its like a library.
need more organization and relationships between stands, a capo at nearest stands closest to the broomloan would be ideal with broomloan leading the way, I'd imagine the only reason ub wouldn't do this or plan to do this is in case they break off and cause Ibrox to have more than one ultra group which is pretty common in football beleive it or not

The atmosphere will never change until everyone who wants to sing every game is put in the same area, ie safe standing.

Fact.

I actually heard a rumour SG was going to help push for this, no idea if its true or has happened. He knows Ibrox is brutal most the time.

The atmosphere will never change until everyone who wants to sing every game is put in the same area, ie safe standing.

Fact.

I actually heard a rumour SG was going to help push for this, no idea if its true or has happened. He knows Ibrox is brutal most the time.
aye he's always raving for Ibrox to get the energy going so don't doubt it, prob just doesn't want to have a say so early

I know I'm pissing in the wind here but I'd love to see a more engaged support at Ibrox. Too many people with the same routine: arrive as close as possible to kick-off, grumble, go for a pie after 30 minutes, not bother to join in with the singing, leave early. I think fans just expect us to win comfortably all the time and don't realise what they can add.

In the short term, I'd suggest trying to come up with more catchy songs. The UB have had some success here but they're mainly in the ultras style. Instead of posting lyrics on here and getting shot down, folk should get stuff going on supporters buses. You need people to back you up (my dad and I try our best but the guys around us aren't that interested). Also, the edgier parts of the songbook are divisive but you can't deny how rousing some of them can be.

Fact.

He was out for dinner with some of the UB at the start of last season.

It would be no surprise if that was brought up to him by the UB.

come up with songs for all the players that everyone can sing
like a McGregor one that doesn't involve shagging burds

get the kids singing for their heroes

seems to work for Alfredo, he feeds off it

Easy way to have a better atmosphere is for more people to sing, simple really. The UB sing plenty of decent songs but outwith BF1 participation is really poor, the manager shouldn't even have to ask the fans to crank up the volume on the first league home game of the season.

Too many fans turn up and don’t encourage or support the team

Gaffer has mentioned this twice in 2 days so hopefully we all get vocal and support the team for 90 mins

The fans need to support for 90 mins not 75 mins but for some reason so many want out before the game is won

Look at Sunday. Win the game in IT and the feeling was magic

Surely we all stay until the final whistle and cheer the team

prematch is a great way to build tension and atmosphere and should be the focus before every game imo
Its the only way imo and a fanzone of some sort will go a long way to help this.
As a support we have been talking about the atmosphere at Ibrox for over 30 odd years snd was always a talking point in the old paper FF fanzine.

Union bears need to be more open to suggestions.

It’s there way or no way.
The UB need to be moved from the bottom corner if the stadium for starters, its a ridiculous place for them to be, it was great when they were up the Copland rear.

Last edited:
a questionnaire sent out to stands to try and find out why certain people decide not to join in or how to make the atmosphere better would be good

2 words:

SAFE STANDING.
Actually think this would have a negative effect on atmosphere as a whole. Yes the atmosphere in the standing section would be amazing but could imagine the rest of the ground being silent, if all the 'singers' are in one place.

That's certainly the way it is in Europe.

Actually think this would have a negative effect on atmosphere as a whole. Yes the atmosphere in the standing section would be amazing but could imagine the rest of the ground being silent, if all the 'singers' are in one place.

That's certainly the way it is in Europe.
it kinda already is a singing section considering Ibrox relies on UB, I'd imagine the seating would be the same all that would change is bf would be standing and capacity would raise depending on standing ratio, I'd be surprised if it made the atmosphere worse tbh

A better version of follow follow played before kick off. The one at Ibrox is brutal. 49,000 people belting out there’s not a team like the Glasgow Rangers will have the hairs standing on the back of your neck. Then when the teams come out no music at all (watch the video of before kick off v strum graz) the atmosphere is fucking electric just the fans with heart and voice.

Without the Da’s You might never have seen Rangers.
i never mentioned da's, i don't even see the correlation with da's and werthers originals but if you eat werthers originals at games and don't attempt to bring atmosphere to Ibrox and you happen to be a da then i don't see why you wouldn't also fit the criteria

Back