Missing Rangers fan

FRiends and family will go through the "what if?" and "if only" feelings of despair.
It is a tragedy.
But as a MHFA can i say that you did your very best as you were not to know. YOU DID ALL YOU COULD.
Try not to beat yourself up.
When people make that decision and it will seem normal to them few people can spot it as there are no signs. They are at peace with themselves.
I pray that he may have left an explanation as this can eventually lead to closure for all.
I have had "chats" with people whose now normal thought processes are such that they genuinely feel family, kids etc would be better off without them. When that voice we all talk to gets that shit in your mind.

My sincere thoughts to all involved with this fellow Bear.

I was on the QSTB bus for a few years but always kept myself to myself. Gregor would always give me an ‘alright mate’ when he saw me. Always saw him at the centre of a conversation laughing and joking, seemed like a thoroughly great guy as has been confirmed by all who knew him. RIP.

A truly horrible day for many people I know and a couple who became family through our friendship. My heart and wishes go to you all this evening.

I didn't know Gibby well, only ever spoke through other mutual friends and I'll have played either with or against him some time back. I can only echo what others have said, a truly good guy with a good wit and one of us.

There's been a lot of discussion today and via social media 're stigma and mental health. The facts are that we don't have any facts just now and I'm not aware of anything being mentioned this far in that area so its very easy to draw conclusions. Perhaps se will find out uf there was a clue or trigger.

Please fellow fans, do not continue to suffer. We have a massive thread in the Lounge and also a common cause now. Although we do not know what happened, should anyone need anything from any of us, use our support. A rant, a cry, a rage, a shoulder, advice, somebody to carry us over that emotional period. So much help is there with zero judgement and even less caring of what, why how or where.
Thank you you for that post, i suffer with depression myself, and i come from a generation that didn't speak about it. It's a strange thing to try and describe, it creeps up on you and depending on circumstances at the time, can overwhelm you. It's a relief to know there's an outlet. Again thank you.

Thank you you for that post, i suffer with depression myself, and i come from a generation that didn't speak about it. It's a strange thing to try and describe, it creeps up on you and depending on circumstances at the time, can overwhelm you. It's a relief to know there's an outlet. Again thank you.

Please anyone struggling, use the thread in the Lounge, it's a sticky at the top. There's no judgments, we've all been in similar places. And it's not a weakness to reach out. Twice the Rangers/FF family have held me up when the darkest nights have hit and I mean really dark. There's always someone to offload to and it wont go any further. We are a family.

Please anyone struggling, use the thread in the Lounge, it's a sticky at the top. There's no judgments, we've all been in similar places. And it's not a weakness to reach out. Twice the Rangers/FF family have held me up when the darkest nights have hit and I mean really dark. There's always someone to offload to and it wont go any further. We are a family.
That is an inspirational sentiment.

You my dear are a wonderful, WONDERFUL lady.

Very sad news. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Mate, I hope you find the peace in the next world, that you obviously struggled with here.
Rest In Peace, lad....

Last edited:
We can't even begin to imagine the grief and devastation that his family are feeling, we can only offer to help in any way we can, his loss can never be replaced, but if anyone knows of someone with problems then to get some kind of a shoulder to lean on and subsequent counselling of some sort is imperative.
RIP Gibby.

Last edited:
Wee man got a great send off, his football team made a guard of honour for him going in & the crem was packed to the rafters with some of us having to make do with sheltering under an archway outside,
Greg Marshall brought big hately to represent the club.

R.I.P wee man
Until we meet again!
:(
Have a beer or two and have a laugh about the good times Mathias.

Wee man got a great send off, his football team made a guard of honour for him going in & the crem was packed to the rafters with some of us having to make do with sheltering under an archway outside,

R.I.P wee man
Until we meet again!
Good to hear and not unexpected. I'm annoyed that I couldn't attend

God bless

R.I.P wee man
Until we meet again!

There was also another 50/60 people that had to stand outside in the pouring rain which I think shows just how well he was liked and respected that people were prepared to do that. I'm just glad I brought the brolly!

Rest easy Gregor

Ok I’m not being cheeky,I’ve just seen this thread being bumped.
What’s happened to this bear?

R.I.P wee man
Until we meet again!
Such a horrible thing to happen to any family. Hope he is at peace now.

I’d also like to say that Greg and Mark are great ambassadors for our club. I know of numerous people who have fallen on tough times that the pair have helped out with. Very proud to have so many great people as part of the rangers family.

I’m sure there are many people on here who struggle. The only thing i can say is reach out. Even via PM on here. Someone will always be willing to listen.

His wife was best pals with my ex burd. Met him many times at nights out etc. All he spoke about was rangers. And I'm sure he used to go over to Spain and follow a spanish team too.

Back