Jonny McFarlane wants Lennon to be next Scotland manager

WalterLoyal

Daily Record Rangers blogger wants Neil Lennon to ''bring the thunder back'' to Hampden.

Lennon was gifted three titles at Celtic. The points deduction and the admin process ended the title race and you could have put Efe Ambrose in charge for the other two and they would still have won them. He had one good European campaign and three awful campaigns.

After whoring himself for every job going down South he finally got his opportunity with Bolton where he failed miserably. He then took over a fairly decent side built by Alan Stubbs. They should have strolled that league in what was a one horse race but they laboured throughout and took just one point more than the previous season despite Rangers not being in the league.

You are correct when you describe him as a devisive figure. This is a man who has a history of threatening and abusing women, match officials, opposition players and coaching staff, both his own supporters and supporters of other clubs. This is a man who caused a refereeing strike in the country due to intimidation of referees and various claims of refereeing corruption. This is a man who just last week refused to wear a poppy in honor of the brave men and women who gave their lives for our freedom.

This is who Jonny McFarlane wants representing our nation?

If one of your main arguments is he's better than Craig Levein then you have no argument whatsoever. Craig Levein is the worst manager in the history of the national team and should never have been appointed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Hibs boss Neil Lennon the man to bring the thunder back to Hampden as Scotland manager?

As Malky Mackay’s tenure as Scotland interim manager failed to ignite against a lame Netherlands side at Pittodrie the match itself quickly took a back seat in the subsequent debate to the more pertinent issue facing our national side: who’s next?

After the testy, chippy reign of Gordon Strachan , many names have been put forward to fill the managerial void but few have captured the imagination and fewer still tick many of the obvious boxes in the perfect Scotland manager skillset.

We need a boss who can motivate, who has top level experience and proven tactical nous.

Someone who understands our culture and how our players think, how to get into their heads and make them fight, scratch and scrap for every ball. Ideally someone with international experience as a player or a manager and probably a guy who is proven in Scottish football and adept at dealing with the press. The kind of figure that the players not only respect but will turn up for when the chips are down.

Not many candidates can claim to fit such criteria yet there is one man who ticks all these boxes but inexplicably his name is yet to be mentioned.

Neil Lennon . 40 times capped, Lennon knows what it takes at that level as a player. And despite a lack of international managerial experience, he has already proven himself in the club football elite of the Champions League which is arguably an even more testing environment.

He pulled off the incredible in defeating what was perhaps the greatest club side of all time by beating Barcelona on that memorable night at Celtic Park. In subsequently qualifying for the last 16 he achieved the holy grail of Scottish club management and in doing so displayed his incontestable qualities as both a motivator and a tactical thinker.

A winner of five domestic trophies as manager of Celtic, Lennon had a difficult spell with Bolton, a perennial crisis-club, but in returning to Scotland with Hibs he immediately imbued them with a tougher mentality and took them straight back to the game’s top flight as champions.

This season, the progress has continued and his team are looking a serious proposition for Europe with their performance against an unbeaten Celtic at Parkhead giving the hoops their toughest domestic challenge of their 63 game invincible run.

As a comparison, his record is far more credible than say Craig Levein’s when he was appointed to near universal praise. Another factor is Lennon’s already established relationships within Scottish football, he knows the game and personalities so would require no time to settle into the idiosyncrasies of our culture.

Of course, some will be react to this notion with horror as Lennon can be a divisive character who will forever be associated with Celtic. Surely in 2017 such tribalism has no relevance in the bigger picture of our prominence as a national footballing force and that in making such an appointment in spite of such protestations a statement would be made in of itself.

One thing’s for sure, it wouldn’t be boring.

Perhaps Neil Lennon is the man to reawaken the lion rampart and bring the thunder back to Hampden.

Anyone got any info on this blogger cretin ?
Someone must know him and who he really supports although I suspect his name is probably an alias.

Beating perhaps the greatest club side of all time Barcelona of 2009 would have been impressive, not ageing Barcelona of 2012/2013 under Tito Vilanova.

I suspect this is another embarrassing attempt by McFarlane to appear fair and balanced as he tries to break into the anti-Rangers Scottish media.

Is this the guy who is a member of Rangers Media?? Or am I thinking of another Rangers daily record blogger??

If so did he get hunted from there??

Is this the guy who is a member of Rangers Media?? Or am I thinking of another Rangers daily record blogger??

If so did he get hunted from there??

You are thinking of James Black who is possibly even worse than McFarlane. He recently dragged Gazza's name through the dirt while trying to defend Leigh Griffiths. The Record sure know how to pick them.

You are thinking of James Black who is possibly even worse than McFarlane. He recently dragged Gazza's name through the dirt while trying to defend Leigh Griffiths. The Record sure know how to pick them.

Spot on.

The record would never employ an actual rangers fan.

And an actual rangers fan would never nothing to do with that lying scummy rag.

Daily Record Rangers blogger.

There's an oxymoron if ever there was one. In what UNIVERSE is this person a Rangers fan? A quite incredible article.

How the actual f(ck did this fanny get a gig as the Rangers :eek: blogger at the Rhebel.

Oh wait, he's not a Rangers fan. That would qualify him at that PAPEr

G e him it, means we don't need to put up with his shíte at Rangers matches.

There's a racist in situ just now, so why not a provo with a track record for threatening pregnant women etc.

I’m afraid I would have to question any Rangers supporter that would associate themselves with the Daily Record.

I just can’t take them seriously in any shape or form.

Last edited:
Articles are deliberate contentious to get clicks and have people 'debate'. It's the level of journalism these days. Just pointless.

Is this the same Lennon who was wearing a poppy on ITV yesterday? Thought it soiled the poppy. Just goes to show he doesn't do it because of any principles, just panders to the scummy support of the teams he plays for/ manages but actually has no backbone. Would probably suit Scotland at the moment as it would give him chance to big up the scum, put the boot into us and then blame someone else when it goes wrong.

Maybe something in this ,I saw Lennon commenting on the World Cup playoffs wearing a poppy . Certainly off message with the plastics but perhaps a cynical rebranding to pitch for the Jobs

It is nothing more than an attempt at self publicity.
No one including Lennon himself would argue for such an appointment.
It is utterly ludicrous .

A Rangers fan wanting a Rangers-hater as our national manager.

Please wake me up when this nightmare is over.
I refuse to believe this guy is a Rangers fan. I honestly couldn’t give a shit if TLRB became Scotland Manager, they do not represent me anyway but to write a pile of shite like this?!

Well, that would certainly ensure Rangers fans never go back to another Scotland game and right so. Giving that piece of shit the job would be one of the single worst decisions the SFA have ever made or likely to ever make. However, entirely believable and possible.

Well, that would certainly ensure Rangers fans never go back to another Scotland game and right so. Giving that piece of shit the job would be one of the single worst decisions the SFA have ever made or likely to ever make. However, entirely believable and possible.
I almost hope they do, as hopefully it might change the views of some Rangers fans as to the position of our club, relative to the authorities.

Back