Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

Ross McCrorie is a competitive, combative style of player who will probably have been trying too hard to make his mark in his first game with his new club.
It's not the ideal start for him but I love his "up and at 'em" style but hopefully this will be part of his learning process and he'll return a more mature and considered player with bags of experience under his belt.

Highlights of Ayr United v Morton Kelly getting plenty game time.

Interesting the Ayr keeper is on loan from that lot, looks good!!

Ross McCrorie is a competitive, combative style of player who will probably have been trying too hard to make his mark in his first game with his new club.
It's not the ideal start for him but I love his "up and at 'em" style but hopefully this will be part of his learning process and he'll return a more mature and considered player with bags of experience under his belt.
100% agree Captain.. This is exactly why a loan move will be good for Ross. He has a fair bit to learn and hopefully he will return a more mature player and with better game management.

Ross McCrorie suspended for tonight following his red card.

Shame, cos the game is on Sky and was looking forward to watching him.

Am I correct in assuming that they now need 3 goals to qualify

Oops, wrong thread

Last edited:
He did, set up Thistle's goal with a lovely dribble and cross. Tired in the second half and was subbed at about 70 minutes.

Just an update on McCrorie. Was on the bench today for Pompey, after his suspension as Jackett played an unchanged side from the League Cup win against Birmingham.

Pompey won 2-0 and, I'll be honest, there's a bit of a chance that McCrorie's starting chances have decreased somewhat, as Pompey have hit upon a winning combination in midfield with Ben Close and Andy Cannon in the middle with Tom Naylor, with Cannon taking his chance in the position which McCrorie started in, he was MOTM today.

Would be a surprise if McCrorie came back in next game. although that is against Sunderland, so could be a bit spicy, just the game for Ross. But Cannon has took his chance after McCrorie's sending off.

Just an update on McCrorie. Was on the bench today for Pompey, after his suspension as Jackett played an unchanged side from the League Cup win against Birmingham.

Pompey won 2-0 and, I'll be honest, there's a bit of a chance that McCrorie's starting chances have decreased somewhat, as Pompey have hit upon a winning combination in midfield with Ben Close and Andy Cannon in the middle with Tom Naylor, with Cannon taking his chance in the position which McCrorie started in, he was MOTM today.

Would be a surprise if McCrorie came back in next game. although that is against Sunderland, so could be a bit spicy, just the game for Ross. But Cannon has took his chance after McCrorie's sending off.

Ross will need to bide his time and learn to be more disciplined with his tackling.

He'd the same problem for us last season.

Nothing stopping us from offering him a longer deal if he's a success
Sure, but I don't see why he'd sign a deal with us just to get transferred and sign a deal for another team.

He would need to be a hell of a success to break into this Rangers midfield. We're talking League POTY calibre I think.

Back