Atromitos

wtbn

Official Ticketer
If Atromitos go through on Wednesday night and we go through on Thursday, what's the likely date for our tie to going to be?

How long is a piece of string

Probably Tuesday 20th unless AEK Athens get knocked out then it would Thursday 22nd unless they reverse the fixtures and we play them at Ibrox on the 22nd and in Athens on the 29th

If the Tuesday 29th then East Fife game will be postponed

Hope that makes sense :)

Probably Tuesday 20th unless AEK Athens get knocked out then it would Thursday 22nd unless they reverse the fixtures and we play them at Ibrox on the 22nd and in Athens on the 29th

It's a joke, European football shouldnt be forcing domestic games to be cancelled

Especially considering we should have a majority reserve team out for the east Fife game

It's a joke, European football shouldnt be forcing domestic games to be cancelled

Especially considering we should have a majority reserve team out for the east Fife game

Not just about the players it is about the management and back room staff. They need to be focussed on the European tie.

At the draw the guy said the games have to be played on the two Thursday's so they may have to switch it.

Did have a chuckle at folk saying Legia would wipe the floor with them. Legia are a side who drew 0-0 in Gibraltar 3 weeks ago.

The take away the first number you thought of.:p

Not for me, I'm at the Fringe on the 22nd so I want it moved! :))
UEFA will know the dates whatever happens

Could we play in Athens on the Thursday yes as AEK Athens would the Tuesday

Olymiakos play the Wednesday if the get through tomorrow night in the CL qualifiers

We would just have to see happens tomorrow and Wednesday

Olymiakos play the Wednesday if the get through tomorrow night in the CL qualifiers

We would just have to see happens tomorrow and Wednesday
Al, why would AEK be playing on the Tuesday 20th? I thought they were ranked above Atrimitos.

We would just have to see happens tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday !

All will say Legia going though would make things easier

Agreed .

We also have an utterly atrocious record against Greek sides in European competition.

The kind of football they are good at- and won them a European championship- is exactly the type we struggle against. Organised, sit in, stuffy, but the difference with the Greeks is they are tactically good and can also hit on the break.

I’d much rather play the poles, who will open up a bit.

Last edited:
I don't know when it would be - but whenever it is it will be f*cking roasting in Athens in mid-August. I'm also wary of Atromitos as we've never heard of them - it suggests an up-and-coming team tasting a bit of success for the first time. They are, therefore, likely to be full of confidence and no little ability.

Given the aforesaid, I'm hoping Legia can win the away leg - ideally after extra time and penalties.

Totally ridiculous. UEFA are a farce. This should all be far clearer. If you have cities that are unable to host a game by simply bringing a game forward a day or making a match kick off a few hours earlier, then the lowest ranked side from that city, that are causing the issue, should be kicked out and replaced by another side. You’ll soon find the police sort out policing to make the games go ahead and this doesn’t happen. Legs should absolutely not be switched.

Totally ridiculous. UEFA are a farce. This should all be far clearer. If you have cities that are unable to host a game by simply bringing a game forward a day or making a match kick off a few hours earlier, then the lowest ranked side from that city, that are causing the issue, should be kicked out and replaced by another side. You’ll soon find the police sort out policing to make the games go ahead and this doesn’t happen. Legs should absolutely not be switched.
Rather radical outlook you've got there pal, we'll all just have to be patient I guess....

Aek have a ban on supporters attending next European fixture ,

Banned for the next 2 games but it makes no difference on staging the games

Atromitos is Wednesday
AEK Athens is Thursday
this midweek

Friday 22 February 2019 13.56CET

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decision:

Match: UEFA Champions League group stage match between AEK Athens FC and AFC Ajax (0-2), played on 27 November in Greece

Charges against AEK Athens FC:

- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Field invasion by supporters - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Crowd disturbances - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Insufficient organization - Art. 11 (1) DR
- Illicit banner - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Decision:

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided:

- To exclude AEK Athens FC from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it will otherwise qualify. This sanction is suspended for a probationary period of two years.
- To order the club to play its next 2 UEFA competition matches as host club behind closed doors.
- To fine AEK Athens FC €80,000.

The CEDB has decided to close the proceedings against AFC Ajax at the same match.

Rather radical outlook you've got there pal, we'll all just have to be patient I guess....
It’s just not acceptable that we might end up having our legs swapped, through no fault of our own and end up with a high intensity trip to Greece on the eve of playing the paedos, when there is a high chance that the winner of these games will win the title. Forgive me for having no sympathy for another side who play in a large city that should easily be able to accommodate two fixtures.

Edit - the cynic in me thinks UEFA don’t want sides from the same country playing at the same time as it impacts on tv audiences.

It’s just not acceptable that we might end up having our legs swapped, through no fault of our own and end up with a high intensity trip to Greece on the eve of playing the paedos, when there is a high chance that the winner of these games will win the title. Forgive me for having no sympathy for another side who play in a large city that should easily be able to accommodate two fixtures.

The dates will already known on the potential outcomes

Would be surprised if we aren't away next week

I could have sworn we were at home in the second leg.

I was told Tue away if we play the Geeeks and then 29th at home. This will be down to AEK playing on the Thursday should they get through. Al will know better what the connotations are though.

I was told Tue away if we play the Geeeks and then 29th at home. This will be down to AEK playing on the Thursday should they get through. Al will know better what the connotations are though.

AEK are 2-0 up from the 1st leg in Romania and with UEFA confirming the Olympiakos play next Wednesday should they get through tomorrow currently 1-0 up from 1st leg in Turkey

Leaves the Tuesday for our game

Kick-off time should be around 5pm UK time - 7pm in Athens going on Atromitos 2 kick-offs so far

Let's hope Legia get through

Would we call off east fife if it's Greece on the Tuesday ? I think we would be entitled to under uefa rules

If the game is played on Tuesday I presume the East Fife will be postponed, I assume that would be played during the international break regardless how many players we have missing?

Back