Cryptic Kent Speaks

Playing European football, in front of 50,000 and adored to playing for Liverpool U23s. That's rough.

But at the same time, these younger players know what they get themselves into when they sign the deals with these big clubs. So in that respect it's hard to sympathise.

I notice Ryan has posted on his Instagram another cryptic message, this time very biblical.

In a nutshell he posted a pretty strong worded verse from the bible:
"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

Aimed at Liverpool perhaps? I hope so, he's not posted any religious type stuff before so would be strange to start unless it was directed at someone or something - Grasping at Straws Loyal!!!
Announceth Kent.

I can see both sides.

He's on a great wage and signed the contract, yes, but I do understand why he's pissed off.

He's in a position where he's not going to play for the club he's at, nobody is going to buy him at the price they've stuck on him and he's not being allowed a loan move — I can't imagine many folks would be happy in that position during the most critical years of your career.

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
He signed the contract ffs.
Nope, it works the other way mate. Clubs offer long contracts then change their mind. If they are making him waste away in the under 23 squad after a good season in spl and europe you would be quite rightly fucked off

If you follow his Instagram and stuff he's not your typical footballer, seems to prefer art galleries to nightclubs.

He’s a deep kid, he also cares a lot about his Mates. He bought Katic a snake cause he thought he was lonely in Scotland. Not one of the current squad has a bad word to say about him, they all loved having him around and he loved being here.

Yeah, I like Kent, I want him back here, but this is Barrie McKay type shite. You’re a footballer in a cracking wage mate, it’s really not all that bad.
A good footballer who broke through in senior football last year and are now back to playing academy football in stadiums with absolutely no fans, atmosphere and passion. It actually says more about him that he wants more than money and to collect a wage.

What sense does it make keeping him in the 23s when he’s clearly surplus to requirements. Another season with us, potentially in Europe and winning the league/cups and his value would rise even higher. Plus we would take wages. It makes literally no sense to keep him.

Imagine our squad with Kent and a left back in the mould of Tav.

Ooft.

giphy.gif

Need to remember his bird is from up here too.

Not only is he playing U23 games in front of 15 people instead of full houses with us. He isn’t getting his end away as often as he would like.

I have felt all summer we would get him. This only further confirms my thinking. I reckon Liverpool are hoping we make group stages and bid for him instead of another loan.

No wonder he’s pissed off. He won’t get a game for Liverpool; he loved his time at Rangers. He wants to be here at the club; to bring success back to Ibrox. He gets us. Liverpool surely just want a pay day for him. Give him to us for another season; watch him tear the league apart, win 55. Then imagine the money they could get for him. I have a large collection of butt-plugs Stevie.

A good footballer who broke through in senior football last year and are now back to playing academy football in stadiums with absolutely no fans, atmosphere and passion. It actually says more about him that he wants more than money and to collect a wage.

It’s great that he wants to be playing, but the melodramatic slave talk etc is a bit much.

He played for Liverpool U23's on Saturday.

I'll be astonished if he isn't loaned out this window, and I'd hope we're in the running to land him.
Would it be fair on the guy if they kept him just to hang about the reserves! They have priced him out of a move and that is no fault of his own!

Need to remember his bird is from up here too.

Not only is he playing U23 games in front of 15 people instead of full houses with us. He isn’t getting his end away as often as he would like.

I have felt all summer we would get him. This only further confirms my thinking. I reckon Liverpool are hoping we make group stages and bid for him instead of another loan.

We will look to try and buy him.

See at the end of the day though. He is most likely just pissed off. We have moved on now it seems. Probably best everyone else does and we don't keep getting a new Kent post every time he comments on his latest social media posts. He is going to turn into the annual Vladimir Weiss posts that lingered around for about 5 years

Not really, they're keeping him in reserve football for no reason, made it clear they wanted to sell him and are now stopping his development, Liverpool are being unnecessarily shite to him.

You’re saying that Liverpool have said they want to sell him but now won’t and are deliberately hampering his career?

What facts do we know that prove this?

Need a translation for that. Not accepting the Klopp one as entirely accurate.

This sort of stuff doeth thine cranium ineth upon itself.

He's turning into Joey Barton,minus the scum bag behaviour.
Maybe Ryan's a staunch Presbyterian and we didn't know it.

Surely the Barker signing was the end of the road for us and Kent? The squad needs seriously purged before anyone else comes in.

Back