rangers atmosphere ideas thread

I
prematch is a great way to build tension and atmosphere and should be the focus before every game imo
Yep agree with this, Fanzone should be about getting the blood pumping, getting smiles on faces and people generally excited for the game ahead. Great opportunity to get the news songs taking off and also provide some videos for others.

Last edited:
Close the gates 15-30 minutes before kick off so all fans are in. Show some of our best and most important goals on the screens. Play uplifting Rangers anthems. Announce the team using Christian names and let the fans shout the surname.
do any other clubs do the first name second name thing? cause that's a shout tbh

The argument about people not joining in, although valid, it's not so simple as nobody wanting to join in. I was in BF4 for many years and share the frustration of singing your hearts out to support the team and the rest of the stands mute.

I am now GR7 and really want to have a sing song and support the team, but when you are isolated it's not so easy. It really has to spread from UB along BF234 and BR into enclosure and Govan. It is really is vital especially getting Broomloan front.

Good songs also help. I have noticed Liverpool singing is 60/70% of their newer songs. People love new songs and they have some great new songs that the fans want to join in with.

I have said before. UB hold all the aces and should try and get a dialogue with the rest of the support to try and get the stadium going. I genuinely don't know if they are interested or not, because it seems to me there is 'radio silence' for UB members on FF. ( Which to an extent understand because getting involved in arguments on here is senseless) But they could have an official spokesman, well I think so anyway :rolleyes:

A big problem is coz we’re al jakeballs who love a drink and would rather sit in a pub till 5 mins before kick off. Walk up get in late go do 5 pees beofre half time the time 60 mins comes every one is chocking on a pint and leaves!

To beat this get the pints served in the ground With bouncing tunes/rangers tunes on from12/1 o’clock till the teams come out.

Fans zone staring 11/2.30 same idea tunes on then go to the game half 2 ish.

If there were no restrictions and everyone behaved civilly:

- safe standing the full Copland and Broomloan front
- alcohol available
- select bands before kick off
- bin the dj warm up axt
- bin the songs after goals are scored
- removed designated seating. Tickets for areas only to allow mates to sit together.
- maybe some cheerleaders.
- regular and interesting half time entertainment

Just off the top of my head. FWIW only one is outwith our control

Last edited:
Maybe if I didn't get moaned at for me and my 9 year old for joing in by everyone around then it would be great.

Here come the 'crap singing' puns but I'm serious.

All around the stadium it's like death bar UB and if you dare say a word you get told to shut up

Said it on here many a time

Reactions: WBD
I think if the UB got moved to the centre like they wanted and safe standing was introduced it would make the broomy rocking.

That would surely get the 3 other stands to join in when they see that.

I sit in the mainstand and I find that a lot of people around me don’t really join in and maybe start a song but fade away after a few lines and don’t keep it going .

Maybe if I didn't get moaned at for me and my 9 year old for joing in by everyone around then it would be great.

Here come the 'crap singing' puns but I'm serious.

All around the stadium it's like death bar UB and if you dare say a word you get told to shut up

Said it on here many a time

Good post.

You've just explained why we need flexible approaches to seating such as rover tickets. The alternative could be separate areas for singers and non singers. Some think booing players helps them perform better so it might be an idea to have 3 separate areas as follows.

Broomloan for safe standing and singing with rover tickets for all.

Govan Stand for non singers with names on seats and no movement.

Copland Stand for those that believe booing is best. Names on seats again with no movement allowed.

What do you think?

Good post.

You've just explained why we need flexible approaches to seating such as rover tickets. The alternative could be separate areas for singers and non singers. Some think booing players helps them perform better so it might be an idea to have 3 separate areas as follows.

Broomloan for safe standing and singing with rover tickets for all.

Govan Stand for non singers with names on seats and no movement.

Copland Stand for those that believe booing is best. Names on seats again with no movement allowed.

What do you think?

We need an “official singing section” which should be safe standing. Preferably not below the family section!

We should have a family section in Copland front and a “quiet” section for all the moaners in Copland rear.

Broomloan and Govan front should be standing and singing section. Govan rear sitting but allowed noise same as the main and club deck.

Would give everyone an option I believe?

Edit: might not be enough seats to satisfy all the moaner though!

The argument about people not joining in, although valid, it's not so simple as nobody wanting to join in. I was in BF4 for many years and share the frustration of singing your hearts out to support the team and the rest of the stands mute.

I am now GR7 and really want to have a sing song and support the team, but when you are isolated it's not so easy. It really has to spread from UB along BF234 and BR into enclosure and Govan. It is really is vital especially getting Broomloan front.

Good songs also help. I have noticed Liverpool singing is 60/70% of their newer songs. People love new songs and they have some great new songs that the fans want to join in with.

I have said before. UB hold all the aces and should try and get a dialogue with the rest of the support to try and get the stadium going. I genuinely don't know if they are interested or not, because it seems to me there is 'radio silence' for UB members on FF. ( Which to an extent understand because getting involved in arguments on here is senseless) But they could have an official spokesman, well I think so anyway :rolleyes:
liverpool have created a platform with boss nights for people to write and learn songs, rangers having something similar would be decent just call it every saturday etc, seen something being planned on here before

liverpool have created a platform with boss nights for people to write and learn songs, rangers having something similar would be decent just call it every saturday etc, seen something being planned on here before
Got binned did it not?

A big problem is coz we’re al jakeballs who love a drink and would rather sit in a pub till 5 mins before kick off. Walk up get in late go do 5 pees beofre half time the time 60 mins comes every one is chocking on a pint and leaves!

To beat this get the pints served in the ground With bouncing tunes/rangers tunes on from12/1 o’clock till the teams come out.

Fans zone staring 11/2.30 same idea tunes on then go to the game half 2 ish.
tottenham have this massive open space bar it's open even after the game
KvRR3Dv.jpg
something similar without the window on to the pitch obviously to stop any alkys loitering that can't prioritize the fitba over the drink

Got binned did it not?
Yes, unfortunately it did.

Those who organised the event did a decent job but ticket sales came to a halt as they didn’t carry out their due diligence.

There were two yes voters in the lineup which ultimately destroyed any momentum that the event was looking for.

Hopefully it was a lesson learned for the organisers, who I wouldn’t blame for being pissed off after the whole palava.

Yes, unfortunately it did.

Those who organised the event did a decent job but ticket sales came to a halt as they didn’t carry out their due diligence.

There were two yes voters in the lineup which ultimately destroyed any momentum that the event was looking for.

Hopefully it was a lesson learned for the organisers, who I wouldn’t blame for being pissed off after the whole palava.
yes voters shouldn't be a a problem if they weren't vocal about Scottish politics etc in my opinion, was that the case?

yes voters shouldn't be a a problem if they weren't vocal about Scottish politics IMO was that the case?
I think two of them were yes voters and one was a rampant SNP supporter. He got chucked off the lineup but the other was still there.

I’m not going to criticise the event organisers because I couldn’t organise something like that. But you’re hoping they would at least do a wee bit of an investigation into singers they are going to choose.

I think two of them were yes voters and one was a rampant SNP supporter. He got chucked off the lineup but the other was still there.

I’m not going to criticise the event organisers because I couldn’t organise something like that. But you’re hoping they would at least do a wee bit of an investigation into singers they are going to choose.
Scottish singer song writers are very popular right now with the youth so hopefully a few good rangers ones can pop up and help contribute bettering the atmosphere with their platform

Safe standing - close thread.

The UB say the board will have it in place for next season on a trial basis. Whether they do or not is yet to be seen. Whole BF safe standing with UB in the middle in BF3.

Fan zone- great idea for pre match buildup

Better music pre match. Videos on screen of famous goals. Like before a old firm famous commentary goals against them. Get the fans up for it.

Expand Ibrox- more fans make more noise

Lastly fans singing songs at right speed. Right now it’s like a race to see who can finish first. But how you fix that I’m not sure

See pinned WATP Sessions post. Still in the pipeline

Unless in the UB section it's utter dug meat. Only managed about 18/19bgàmes in last 6 yrs due to army commitments and 95% of those the atmosphere was terrible. Last tidy song I expericèned was leverkuson at home when lovenkrands scored a scorcher.2 v 1

Has anyone seen the walkouts at Murrayfield when there is evening kick offs? Pretty spectacular.

Not that I’ve thought about this much :rolleyes:, but I think something like this would be impressive and a bit intimidating for opposition:-

1, Turn the lights out when the players are almost ready in the tunnel.
2. Fans sing BSOI, WITHOUT backing music
3. On competition of BSOI, cue STB (or thunderstruck) and have our crest ‘pulse’ on the big screens in time with the bass, while both teams walk out.
On the line “simply the best” or “thunderstruck”
Lights on and pyrotechnics explode as we go fûckin mental and scare the shît out of them.

Reckon the Govan front spread out & back as far as required to accomodate fans who want to join in with the singing, UB front & centre & build from there, great backdrop on TV looks like the whole place is bouncing all game to the final whistle, great for the team sitting across from it & quite intimidating for the opposition team having all those mental bears booming across the pitch at you.
Also, most importantly gets the singing closer to a larger section of fans who would maybe join in, which in turn ramps up the volume & atmosphere around the stadium & makes easier for others around the ground to get involved.
I believe there’s a lot of us out there would love to join in but are just a bit too self-conscious when it’s so quite in the immediate area around where we are seated, nothing worse than getting a couple of lines into a song & there’s no takers, sorts out the men fae the boys, the atmosphere needs to spread throughout the ground & that’s why the closer you are to the action the easy it is to join in & in turn help spread the confidence of the lonely voices dotted around the stadium dying furra singsong.
The Big Govan Stage is what the world would see!

No like the noise - Boots muffle wax earplugs £2.69 a pack

OK I can hear you at the back n you’re right, that’s plenty!

Da Loyal, ‘mon the young yins, doof doof doof.

And he’s right! However the players have to do there part as well.

I imagine the atmosphere would have been good yesterday.

Indeed. Atmosphere is a vital ingredient for a good day out at the football. This doesnt seem to be a priority for many not least our board. Im hoping Gerrard can convince them otherwise.

would be great if those that travel turned up at home games

I think you"ll find they are there. Problem is they are scattered around the stadium with no way to get together with like minded fans. Rover tickets and safe standing would help solve this problem.

Unless in the UB section it's utter dug meat. Only managed about 18/19bgàmes in last 6 yrs due to army commitments and 95% of those the atmosphere was terrible. Last tidy song I expericèned was leverkuson at home when lovenkrands scored a scorcher.2 v 1

Careful now. Honesty isnt always welcome on here.

Safe standing - close thread.

The UB say the board will have it in place for next season on a trial basis. Whether they do or not is yet to be seen. Whole BF safe standing with UB in the middle in BF3.

Fan zone- great idea for pre match buildup

Better music pre match. Videos on screen of famous goals. Like before a old firm famous commentary goals against them. Get the fans up for it.

Expand Ibrox- more fans make more noise

Lastly fans singing songs at right speed. Right now it’s like a race to see who can finish first. But how you fix that I’m not sure

Pinky and Perky singing is down to the happy clappy speed monkeys. They're so eager to clap fast they're ruining every song.

I think you"ll find they are there. Problem is they are scattered around the stadium with no way to get together with like minded fans. Rover tickets and safe standing would help solve this problem.
Ano they are but there are thousands that travel each away game same level of noise but when they come back it all goes quiet in three stands, if you asked for a show of hands for who goes away in the stands i think you would be surprised to the groups in sections all around that are great at karaoke but cant at the party. maybe we need to get the singers in the one place in the east area while getting standing for the Union bears and those that would like to join them and then maybe the middle will join in

If there were no restrictions and everyone behaved civilly:

- safe standing the full Copland and Broomloan front
- alcohol available
- select bands before kick off
- bin the dj warm up axt
- bin the songs after goals are scored
- removed designated seating. Tickets for areas only to allow mates to sit together.
- maybe some cheerleaders.
- regular and interesting half time entertainment

Just off the top of my head. FWIW only one is outwith our control

These summarise it pretty well. A few have posted similar points. We've had the same issues and discussions for around 30 years and have largely as a club done very little to change it

It's about building the tension and excitement. Breaking the familiarity. Most people have a routine and unless that is disrupted to an extent, nothing will change

Fanzone where many can loosen up, have a couple of beers, bands playing with popular songs, would have bears heading off to their own parts of the ground with a bit more of a spring in the step and the ice broken which then leads to a more jovial atmosphere.

2 main things for me which first one is out of our control and second just will not happen. Beer allowed in the concourses and rover tickets where fans can sit with their mates.

Yeah I'm one of those ''Da's'', at the wrong end of my 60's, I try my best to get involved in the atmosphere, but when I try to sing loudly I go into a fit of coughing, I can't clap for to long as I have severe arthritis in my hands.also I cant do the bouncy as my two knees are phucked….Thought the atmosphere was great on Sunday up to 15 mins to go then people started to leave,WHY???.....IMO move the UB to the middle of Broomloan and Copland stands

What do you expect UB to do? What difference does them posting on a forum full of moany bastards, with a large amount who don’t go to games, make?

Haven't read through the full thread so apologies if it's already been covered. But in the absence of the club being pro-active in aiding Union Bears move to a more central location, my suggestion would be for fans who want to stand and sing, move over to anywhere in the Broomloan Front, right now as close to BF1/2 as possible, availability permitting.

Alcohol, cheerleaders, videos of classic matches on the screens, and a flute band marching round the stadium before kick off.

What do you expect UB to do? What difference does them posting on a forum full of moany bastards, with a large amount who don’t go to games, make?
I don't expect anything of them. The question was asked for ways of improving the atmosphere. This is only a suggestion, not a demand

Back