Who was your Rangers hero as a wean?

Davie cooper. I played alongside him in a charity match, greedy barsteward wouldn't pass to me. Still a legend though

First started following Rangers in the 92/93 season - Super Ally all the way. I loved the man and still do despite his managerial horror show and other indiscretions. Just can't not love him.

As a kid, anyone who played for Rangers was a hero in my eyes. Met Wee Willie Henderson for the first time when I was 8 or 9, so I suppose he would be the main man for me.

Super, no contest. As a kid it’s the guys that stick the ball in the net that get your attention and they don’t come much better than McCoist.

Chris Woods, loved that flame yellow goalkeeper top - my fav one as a kid. Also Peter Huistra.

bYhEbTS.jpg
Loved big Ham N Egg.
Started travelling to Ibrox as a kid with a mate the season Colin Stein signed.
As I got to understand football a little better became bewitched by Sandy Jardine working down the right with Tommy McLean and so enjoyed all those wonderful crosses & passed he laid onto Big DJ.
DJ is by some distance the greatest header of a ball ever. Power, touch he could do any thing he wanted.

Der Goalie, then Nacho Novo & then Steven Davis. Flittered about with strikers like Boyd and Prso for a while. Preferred the workhorse types (excl Boyd).

I am stealing Mearns Unionist idea here :-

Me : Davie Wilson
My Dad : the Second World War was on. Post war his hero was Willie Waddell
My Grandfather : No idea when he was 12. I remember listening to his stories about Davie Meiklejohn, Andy Cunningham and Bob McPhail.

Super Ally without any question, although Laudrup was close :D

used to pretend I was Ally while scoring goals at school, as you do

Back