Wage costs

Sasa

Seen a load of comments on Facebook and twitter about their wage bill - see below for the official amounts per the last set of accounts.

Wage costs per the last set of financial statements (and date of financial statements):

Celtic £59.3 million (June 2018)
Rangers £23.0 million (June 2018)
Hearts £7.0 million (June 2018)
Hibs £5.3 million (June 2018)
Aberdeen £8.6 million (June 2018)
Kilmarnock £3.1 million (May 2018)

Rogers and Dembele going since then will have brought that down a good bit but still unsustainable without CL money.

When are the new set of accounts due ? As they won’t be paying the idiot have in charge the £2m that payed Rodgers

Yet all you hear is how they're not spending any money. 55 is going to be glorious. Car parks around the world will be riddled with banner clad Declans calling for Liewells head.

Tierney, Dembele and Rodgers will all have been on good money but their problem remains they have an absolutely huge squad.

They brought a guy on tonight that I am guessing none of us have ever heard of. He’s apparently been injured for ages. They have loads of guys like this floating about on decent money.

Without wishing to diminish this mornings hilarity, I think the figure in the Dhims accounts is for all employees at the DhimDome, I’m not sure it is, specifically, their first team squad. Rangers, on the other hand, normally include a note that gives specific cost for the first team squad.

There can be no doubt though that, having missed out on the CL again, it’s the player sales that keep them going.

Without wishing to diminish this mornings hilarity, I think the figure in the Dhims accounts is for all employees at the DhimDome, I’m not sure it is, specifically, their first team squad. Rangers, on the other hand, normally include a note that gives specific cost for the first team squad.

There can be no doubt though that, having missed out on the CL again, it’s the player sales that keep them going.
All figures are comparable above, I’ve used the total wages and salaries cost for each football club and it covers all staff.

The wage bill will be brought down slightly unfortunately with lustig, boyata, tierney and rodgers all leaving. However the upside is that they have replaced them with lesser quality players.

It looks as though the idea with lennon was to sell/get rid of high earners and hopefully squeeze into CL. that way the profit margin would be even higher. That has went tits up though which is lovely.

I think it's well before that. The half results are out in February. Annual accounts will be in next month or so.
PLC has 6 months from their accounting date to file accounts. 6 months from 30th June is 31st December.

June 2018 accounts were filed on the 17th December.

Remember these results are for the season before last and that their wage costs for 2018/19 were meant to be much higher.

Also worth pointing out that Lawwell is on £22k per week.

it's all relative to be fair.

Their wages to turnover ratio is alot, lot less than ours for example

Only reason their turnover is a lot higher is because of the over inflated/hyped player sales, something they’ll find it increasinlgy difficult to acheive as long as we bury them in the league this year and they continue to embarrass themselves against the likes of the Romanians.

The shit WILL hit the fan soon enough.

Only reason their turnover is a lot higher is because of the over inflated/hyped player sales, something they’ll find it increasinlgy difficult to acheive as long as we bury them in the league this year and they continue to embarrass themselves against the likes of the Romanians.

The shit WILL hit the fan soon enough.
Their revenue line doesn’t include player sales. Player sales are recorded further down their profit and loss as a one liner.

They made £16.5 million profit on disposal of intangible assets in the year ended 30th June 2018.

All piss taking of them aside-ish.

That's a fucken absurd wage bill for a team in Scotland, that is a level of spending we should never really be near again.
I kinda disagree, Scottish football should ideally have enough in revenue streams to allow the OF at least to have that size of wage bill.

Their revenue line doesn’t include player sales. Player sales are recorded further down their profit and loss as a one liner.

They made £16.5 million profit on disposal of intangible assets in the year ended 30th June 2018.

Ok you’re clearly better clued up on this than I am so you’re telling me they made 16.5m in in intangible assets which are what merchandise etc?

How much did Rangers make on intangible assets?

If it’s merchandise, ticket sales etc I’d bet the reason we trail them is because of the Sports Direct fiasco, although that’s just a guess on my part and I’m sure you’ll be able to tell us your thoughts?

Ok you’re clearly better clued up on this than I am so you’re telling me they made 16.5m in in intangible assets which are what merchandise etc?

If it’s merchandise, ticket sales etc I’d bet the reason we trail them is because of the Sports Direct fiasco, although that’s just a guess on my part and I’m sure you’ll be able to tell us your thoughts?
For a football team intangible assets are player registration values. They will have a book value, then an value on sale. Nothing to do with merch.

No. Intangible assets is player sales, nothing to do with merchandise.

Their revenue will be well down this year.
Interesting to note from the their 2018 accounts, Lawwells salary of £1.15m was topped up with £1.4m through a bonus plan for UCL qualification...glad last night hit him personally....he was due to pick up this pot in Dec 18 for a cool £2.3m.

2018 accounts also included them being in the champions league. Anyone know what their bottom line profit was for that year. It might be interesting to strip out £16.5m for player sales and £25m for champions league money. I am assuming that will end up in a loss?

2019 accounts will have player sales to boost them but no champions league money so will also show a profit.

2020 accounts will be the same as 2019 with the Tierney sale offsetting the lack of champions league money.

At some point they will run out of players to sell and with no champions league money their losses will be a joy to behold. As DK said, the house of cards will come tumbling down. We just need to be patient.

Sinclair year extension got activated and became their highest earner they were hoping to shift him by now looks like he's going nowhere but I reckon they have trimmed around 8m a year off it since Rodgers has left

Interesting to note from the their 2018 accounts, Lawwells salary of £1.15m was topped up with £1.4m through a bonus plan for UCL qualification...glad last night hit him personally....he was due to pick up this pot in Dec 18 for a cool £2.3m.
Don't worry mate I'm sure he will just take it out the tierney transfer instead :))

I’ve read as well from various different sources that the mhanks have huge cash reserves? I’ve read figures varying from 60 to 80 million quid?

Surely that can’t be the case?

I understand they have raked in fortunes in recent years, Armstrong, VVD fee percentage, Rodgers compensation, Dembele, Tierney.

it's all relative to be fair.

Their wages to turnover ratio is alot, lot less than ours for example
Only during years with Champions League participation.

Wait until last years accounts are published. Then we'll know for sure how true that is, as we were both in the EL groups.

All piss taking of them aside-ish.

That's a fucken absurd wage bill for a team in Scotland, that is a level of spending we should never really be near again.

I agree. Its crazy. I bet there new signings will be on good money as well. The CH will be.

They bought a player at £7m that didn't even start.

That said player will be on around £30-35k per week.

Keep it up timbo

that the line this morning for the Lennon defenders
"board didn't back him"

despite £10m spent on defenders on the bench
Lb on the bench to play someone who was horrific at Ibrox at LB
delicious tears

Back