The Scum are oooot the Champions League! All comments in here

Where were all these superstars they have signed when they needed them?

Kouassi, Gamboa, Shved, Jullien,Bayo and Bolingoli.

We were told these guys were marquee's and would tear apart all that lay before them.

Scott Brown looks absolutely dire and seems to be getting worse and worse.

They just forked out £10 million on two players in which both were put on the bench (Jullien and Bongoli). I don’t think Bongoli is even good as he got benched and they player McGregor as left back despite being a midfielder.

Scott Bain looked all over the place and he isn’t even good.

They looked decent going forward but their defence is an absolute travesty. At Ibrox we give them hell, high pressure early on and go at them.

They’ve also got to beat Swedish Champions AIK in the Europa League play-off so it’s going to be much more difficult.

AIK are certainly no mugs.

Halfway through season and 1 point off the top of the league.

They also have Elyounoussi who is a good striker (Plays for Norway) and big Sebastian Larsson in midfield. Only knocked out of the Champs League by Maribor on away goals i think.

Plus their Ultras are bonkers - so there is a potential added bonus.

Certainly no walkover they are miles ahead of Cluj.

Cheltenham is much the same:)

Well benidorm is scorching , went a walk to the blue belle last night but it was shut , so we walked back along the prom to the hotel and li an behold , here’s a fuckinn bejaysus bar with 4 o them dirty tramps outside , of course never one to miss an opportunity

What’s the score ? %^*& off ya hun bastard
Get it right up ye , tramps corner indeed

Disagree. Them making the EL gives them around £10m, which allows them to maintain their squad and not sell players.

How much did playing in the EL affect them last year, or in previous years? There is no evidence bud to suggest that they will drop any/many more points being in the EL, especially when you factor in the paucity of the opponents domestically. They have just put 7 goals and 5 goals past opponents while playing midweek games.

I want them out and struggling with their wage bill.
It's a pity for them that they can,t put 7 goals past that Romanian team .they,'ve scored 12 goals against st Johnstone and Motherwell. A the end of the day they have an easy start to their season .

Them losing tonight helps in the bigger picture of us toppling them.

If they lost the Europa league qualifier, that would be amusing yes, and less money for them, but having those free midweeks would massively help them (assuming we get there)

This wont be popular but i hope we dont get through to the Europa League Group stages and they do, it'll mean we will mostly play on a Saturday a day before them putting pressure on them.

Stopping them doing 9 is far more important than a run in Europe this season for me personally

Rafaneil Lenitez

D7f0hi7XYAMSkR1.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7f0hi7XYAMSkR1.jpg
Brilliant mate

And it didn’t even answer the question!!
Celtic are very cash rich apparently. Must have said it about 6 times :D

Asked about the first Old Firm game - “well I think Gerrard would love to be in the position to spend £7m on a defender as Celtic are very cash rich”

What a fanny.

Hope they are further punished for the bottle thrown towards the celebrating Cluj players after their 4th goal. Celtic cannot defend in the top matches as has been their problem for many years.

Yeah I heard that 100 million shite on talksport this morning. I'm assuming the poets overheads are taken care off by the Catholic church then to leave this amount.

It is imperative that the scum don’t sack Lennon.

I want him to be remembered as the manager who blew nine in a row.

He is also the only manager stupid enough to continue playing Brown.

I want Brown to be remembered as the captain who blew nine in a row.

Such delicious thoughts :))

At FT first thing i texted my mate last night was i fear they may sack him.

Ideal scenario for us is that Celtic qualify for the Europa League as well so that they've got a midweek game every other week.

League is our bread and butter so I wouldn't want them being able to focus solely on the league.
Absolutely 100%- they conceded lots of spfl points last year after Euro games. Need them to be fighting on 2 fronts like us. They also are away in the playoffs the week before the OF game. Same as we were away to Ufa last year before 1st OF game at the harbour.

I don't think Rangers would spend £7m on anyone without the guarantee of a CL place. Just like Dave King said, they are a have a similar model to what we had under Murray, it's just not sustainable without big TV money, because you can't rely on CL money.

Reactions: cav
Well that was a bit of a marathon, started reading this thread about 07:30 this morning and after nearly 3 hours I've savoured every minute of it including watching several replays of the game highlights and reading all the follow up comments on nearly all the Twitter posts, what a thoroughly enjoyable time I've had.

It is imperative that the scum don’t sack Lennon.

I want him to be remembered as the manager who blew nine in a row.

He is also the only manager stupid enough to continue playing Brown.

I want Brown to be remembered as the captain who blew nine in a row.

Such delicious thoughts :))
Regardless of what happens, it will be a referee or linesman who is remembered as the guy who blew 9IAR. That's how they work.

AIK are certainly no mugs.

Halfway through season and 1 point off the top of the league.

They also have Elyounoussi who is a good striker (Plays for Norway) and big Sebastian Larsson in midfield. Only knocked out of the Champs League by Maribor on away goals i think.

Plus their Ultras are bonkers - so there is a potential added bonus.

Certainly no walkover they are miles ahead of Cluj.

Correct.

Usually on board with @Superrangers but AIK look to be a better team for me.

The above players mixed with a few no-nonsense regular Icelandic internationals as well, and as you say, league champions currently a point off the top and well into their season. Add in the extremely powerful Enoch Adu, Goitom and (specifically) Chinedu Obasi - Celtic will struggle.

If they go out of Europe and we beat them at Ibrox though, I reckon Lennon’s gone.

Back