Atromitos

Sorry, what I meant was, are AEK banned from having fans the next round too? So, if they get through & Atromitos get through, can they both not play in Athens on the same night as only 1 game ie ours, would have fans at it?

Sorry, what I meant was, are AEK banned from having fans the next round too? So, if they get through & Atromitos get through, can they both not play in Athens on the same night as only 1 game ie ours, would have fans at it?

Thursday's game is behind closed doors and next week as well should they play then

But is makes no difference to UEFA

Atromitos is Wednesday
AEK Athens Thursday

This midweek

Thursday's game is behind closed doors and next week as well should they play then

But is makes no difference to UEFA

Atromitos is Wednesday
AEK Athens Thursday

This midweek
Al, I'm not meaning this week. If they both get through, and both have home games the week of the 22nd, you still think they'll have to play separate nights?

Al, I'm not meaning this week. If they both get through, and both have home games the week of the 22nd, you still think they'll have to play separate nights?

Yes as I said in the my other post it makes no difference to UEFA about the crowd ban as this week proves

I’m another in the come on Legia camp.

Long memory of a horrible AEK night in Greece. Playing in 30+ degrees of heat really does not suit us at all. I think that might be part of the reason our track record in Greece isn’t brilliant.

Do Atromitos play their home games at their own stadium, in Atromitos? Or at someone else's in Athens? Seems to be a lot of posts here referring to playing them in Athens....

Ignore that above, for some reason when I looked before I found the wrong place a lot further North towards Thessaloniki. Now seen it is Athens outskirts.

Warsaw will prob fancy to nab an away goal , but they struggled in Gibraltar v Europa FC a few weeks back, so anyones guess this one

We’d probably beat both of them at the same time on current form.

Current form being the last two games.

The way I see it, Legia will be an infinitely tougher test. But If playing them means we'll be at home in the 2nd leg for sure, I'd take that outcome above all others.

Our biggest game is on the 1st of September.

I’m wanting Atromitos mainly due to the fact they looked shite away in Poland that game I watched the other day. We’d almost guarantee stage if we get them

I’m wanting Atromitos mainly due to the fact they looked shite away in Poland that game I watched the other day. We’d almost guarantee stage if we get them

We’ve beaten Greek opposition in Europe once from 8 attempts

It would be horrendous for us going to Athens

Come on Legia

Come on Legia

Calm down you, horrendous? Just because previous teams have only beaten Greek teams once. Stats like that mean nothing.

Calm down you, horrendous? Just because previous teams have only beaten Greek teams once. Stats like that mean nothing.

How do they mean nothing ? It shows they have a style of play we traditionally find difficult to overcome. Very defensive , holding the ball, spoiling tactics and quick on the break .

Not difficult to understand .

We knocked out Panathinaikos and PAOK in the UEFA Cup?

Atromitos definitely aren't of the standard of Greek teams we have played in the past.

The PAOK home win was our solitary victory . Away leg a draw .

We drew 0/0 at home and drew 1/1 away to Pana to scrape past them over two legs .

We also lost 3/1 at home to Pana in the CL.

We don’t have a good record at all to be fair against Greek sides . AEK Athens was a disaster home and away when we had a fantastic side .

We drew 0/0 at home and drew 1/1 away to Pana to scrape past them over two legs .

We don’t have a good record at all to be fair against Greek sides . AEK Athens was a disaster home and away when we had a fantastic side .
That was also 25 years ago. That game means nothing today.

We're a very professional side and I'd expect us to be every bit as professional in Greece.

Come on Legia

I’m just speaking after watching them the other night their team ain’t very good and I’m sure we would beat them over 2 legs. Legia would be a toss up with us as slight favourites

That was also 25 years ago. That game means nothing today.

We're a very professional side and I'd expect us to be every bit as professional in Greece.

I’d rather avoid the Greeks , we will soon know as it’s only 30 mins to kickoff .

How do they mean nothing ? It shows they have a style of play we traditionally find difficult to overcome. Very defensive , holding the ball, spoiling tactics and quick on the break .

Not difficult to understand .
That was then this is now,we beat them home and away and the record is all square. The heat in Gibraltar and Luxembourg would have been pretty warm too:cool:

I don't know how people can compare teams of the past and present? Would teams in Europe fear the likes of Malmo, Hamburg etc? Notts Forest, Villa etc?

When we played Pana we had Emerson, Nerlinger etc... ?

Confuses the life outta me.

Latest posts

Back