Glaswegian loyal RSC Berlin to Legia Warsaw away

Very tempting! Was on the buses for Denmark. Reckon this will be as popular? I'm likely to be travelling alone so not sure I fancy chancing it in Warsaw for 2 nights.

Anyone know how long it takes from Berlin to get there (roughly)

When I went across for the Leipzig game I stayed in potsdamerplatz and was pretty good stayed in the ibis budget.

Damnit. In Berlin on holiday this week. May have tried to persuade my wife to go had we been here next week.

Just a wee heads up for anybody booking a hotel near Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Do yourself a favour and avoid Menninger Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof, we stayed there for the Leipzig game and they were absolutely brutal. They closed the bar early every night and threatened to throw everybody out for making even the slightest noise.

Just a wee heads up for anybody booking a hotel near Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Do yourself a favour and avoid Menninger Hotel Berlin Hauptbahnhof, we stayed there for the Leipzig game and they were absolutely brutal. They closed the bar early every night and threatened to throw everybody out for making even the slightest noise.

That's where I'm staying. :))

There's only two of us so we should be sound.

Sadly can't make this Glassy trip unless the legs got switched. Always a great day / night with them for anyone who hasn't experienced the joys yet :D

I can vouch for this. Avoid like the plague.

That place was nuts. Returned to it one night on that trip and there was a line of police meat wagons sitting outside :))

Bar repeatedly got shut down. Mate thought it would be funny to ask the specky bar guy for a ‘pint of specks’ and he went nuts. Shut bar down again :)):))

No cargo allowed to room either.

Struggling to see why you'd want to drink in there non stop mind when it's full of school type trips midweek, especially when you've so many 24 hour Kneipes in Berlin!

Struggling to see why you'd want to drink in there non stop mind when it's full of school type trips midweek, especially when you've so many 24 hour Kneipes in Berlin!

Don’t think anyone was after a full bevvy session. Just a few beers before heading out or a couple after returning from being out. They were way OTT.

You’re struggling to see why you would want a beer in your hotel? It was the weekend as well btw, not midweek.

Don’t think anyone was after a full bevvy session. Just a few beers before heading out or a couple after returning from being out. They were way OTT.
You’re struggling to see why you would want a beer in your hotel? It was the weekend as well btw, not midweek.

Oh aye it's deffo a gimps place, just have to look at the staff and guests really. Like going drinking in a Student Union but it's a great location for the trains in a City that can be bloody hard work all in all for a drink due to being so large and hipster. Decent bar in the station 100 yards walk away for before.

For those not familiar with Poland, trains are the way to go once you get there. If you cant find a cheap flight to Warsaw for example try Gdansk....train from airport to city centre, luxury Pendoleno fast train to Warsaw for about £12 single, less than 3 hours. We used it a couple of months ago and its fantastic. It links other Polish cities with Warsaw too. Gdansk for pubs restaurants accommodation miles better than Warsaw IMO.

For anyone using the metro or whatever they call it from the airport, make sure you validate your ticket.

The inspectors are a pain in the arse and will fine you €60 if you haven’t done it.

Back