Legia Warsaw, tough but confident

Go to Warsaw and get a goal. Wether they score nil, one or two I'd be confident of going through at Ibrox in the second leg.

Bring it on.

They’ll be just as wary of us as we are of them. We’ve nothing to fear at all from Legia - we’ve earned the right to be in the play-offs and we’re more than capable of beating them

It will be a tough tie but still urge caution regardless of the calibre of team we face in Europe I fancy our chances though over the two legs.

We couldn’t possibly be in a better position for this tie. Confident, on fire, morale is high.

Unless someone gets injured on Sunday.

They’ll be just as wary of us as we are of them. We’ve nothing to fear at all from Legia - we’ve earned the right to be in the play-offs and we’re more than capable of beating them
They'll be more worried about us i think, they'll know the way we attack that the tie could get away from them very quickly at any minute, but we have to be ready to be under the cosh too. They've got some talented players, they'll be difficult to break down that's why it's absolutely crucial we get a positive result away, as we don't want to be frustrated at home.

We're on fire and it was a great draw, but this is still a huge, huge tie.

They don't lose many goals but seem to struggle to get goals themselves. We need to get away goal v them, and it will be a tougher tie than what we've faced.
It is and we're all getting a bit carried away - hope we dont get too cocky Did you see them last night?

It will be very tough.

Said on the other thread that I’ve no idea what we will face as I haven’t seen them play for years. I’m expecting it to be tough as they have good history behind them but again I’ve no idea.

Quietly confident is how we should approach it. Almost carbon copy of what we have just came through.

Go to Warsaw and get a goal. Wether they score nil, one or two I'd be confident of going through at Ibrox in the second leg.

Bring it on.

I’d be much happier if they come to Ibrox needing a goal as we are great on the counter attack. Don’t fancy bringing them to Ibrox with something they can defend.

I made a point of watching them last night, they won comfortably but atrimitos missed a couple of guilt edge chances that we would punish them for.
Did they look any good? I saw a wee bit of the first leg but not enough to get a feel of it. I think if their managers done their homework on us in the first leg they might be a very cagey and then theyll go for it at Ibrox

I’d be much happier if they come to Ibrox needing a goal as we are great on the counter attack. Don’t fancy bringing them to Ibrox with something they can defend.
Exactly my concern, their strength is defence and how to see out a game, we don't want 20 minutes left and we need to break them down

As would I but so long as we score over there and leave with nothing worse than a 2-1 defeat Id be confident of going through.

As long as we don't get beat by 2 goals in leg 1, we are jamming.

The more away goals, the better.

We'll score twice over there.

Did they look any good? I saw a wee bit of the first leg but not enough to get a feel of it. I think if their managers done their homework on us in the first leg they might be a very cagey and then theyll go for it at Ibrox
They scored early then sat back, atrimitos caused them problems from corners and could have easily pulled it back but they lacked class. Legia looked comfortable and deserved to win.

Honestly. I don't fcuking know. I went into to both these Midtjylland games slightly apprehensive that they would be tough and they've strolled it. Could be close games, could fcuk them 10-1 over 2 legs.

It will be like playing teams like Kilmarnock, we need to break them down, which is something we have struggled with, but I fancy us to qualify.

It’s a great draw.

But we need to keep the head in the first leg. Hopefully get an away goal.

We have lots of experience of euro ties getting away from us in a short space of time.

It's good that we can rest a number of key players this weekend. The way the team are playing, I expect to go over there and beat them.

Would it be fair to say they've been up against complete shit in Europa?

Played 3 in the league. 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat.
3 For, 3 against.
Doesn't have me shitting myself to be honest.
We hadn't conceded until this round? So I don't see it as that big a deal scoring 6 goals in 6 games if the other teams aren't up to much.

They scored early then sat back, atrimitos caused them problems from corners and could have easily pulled it back but they lacked class. Legia looked comfortable and deserved to win.
I'm probably overthinking this but I think if theyve watched us so far they'll be quite cautious at home, similar to walters set up in 2008 run - but thats just the pessimist in me , we've come on since last season and last season we were absolutely good enough to be in the group stages

They will fear Morelos and with good reason. He is at times unplayable and even if they concentrate on him it leaves more room for Arfield ect.

Nick a goal over there and we qualify.

Who are their best players? They must have a bit of quality in that side. Anyone know?

Their match on live on polish tv at 4.30 on Sunday. Time for the FF scouts to take a look

Saw their games against the Finnish Kuopion Palloseura which Legia won 1-0 at home and played a goalless draw in Kuopio. Also watched the second half of their first leg with Atromitos. Doesn't fill me with fear. Also I think Polish club football isn't that great in general. Saying that I think Legia is well capable to beat us if we're not prepared, which I think we are. We will be better prepared to face them than they are to face us, I'd say. Not afraid looking the balanced football Rangers are playing right now.

Back