Kerryfail Street

Glasgow City Council will bail them out with a joint venture to rebuild their stadium, or the SFA and the new Stadium become the new national stadium.

GCC are struggling to keep their golf courses and leisure centres open, I don’t think they will be in a position to help this time.

Could be the reason Haughey helped buy Hampden for the SFA

I said in another post I thought a total rebuild would be at least £250m, it’s more likely to be a massive redevelopment. Ether way, it will cost them heavily, all because they built it on the cheap in the first place.
It will not cost them from a cash outflow as they will likely borrow the amount against the building. All they need to do is service the loan. Assuming the Co-op or GCC loaned them the money.

Corrugated iron shithole with a 25 year life expectancy, I believe.
Yeah had the misfortune to walk round it about 10 years ago through part of my part time job...it really is built on the cheap,it looks good on match days on the telly, I would be surprised if they don't start getting problems with it soon?

Like I said above, due to the apparent lifespan of their current stadium, they will either have to completely rebuild or majorly redevelop and renew. It’s just something I’ve thought for a while that they will have to spend big money on in the not too far future.
A new Hun Hut ?

I wouldn’t want to count my chickens yet.

I know they’ve had a ropey start but they are still sitting above us in the league and at the same stage in Europe that we are. So there’s nothing to brag about yet. That being said there are signs things are about to fall apart.

Bring on the 1st of Sep then we can see where we are at.

Yeah had the misfortune to walk round it about 10 years ago through part of my part time job...it really is built on the cheap,it looks good on match days on the telly, I would be surprised if they don't start getting problems with it soon?
Looks like an old neighbour of mines, looks good from a distance, but close up, you, can see the cracks in the makeup, wrinkles and age lines. Old age never comes alone as she pointed out to me, shuffling along on her mobile scooter.

Wonder if they'd downsize stadium juve style or are they too stubborn for that ?

That stadium is too big for them. They dont have the support we have in terms of numbers across glasgow and scotland.

No chance. They see it as a badge of honour, as in being symbolic of being the bigger club.

Aye, you can continue to pretend they’re going to get hit for tens of millions for being the beasts they are. The reality is the case is for a maximum £5million from what I’ve read, they’re just isn’t going to be the tens of millions paid in compensation that a lot of people seem to think will happen. The biggest thing I believe that will come from this is them being forced into an apology and the reputational damage that comes with it.
Whilst I can see where you're coming from. We do not have punitive damages in Scotland. There is also the case that their paedophile ring was so vast there is quite a high chance more victims will come forward. Not only this, they took their deplorable actions out of this country to the US and god knows where else.

Aye, you can continue to pretend they’re going to get hit for tens of millions for being the beasts they are. The reality is the case is for a maximum £5million from what I’ve read, they’re just isn’t going to be the tens of millions paid in compensation that a lot of people seem to think will happen. The biggest thing I believe that will come from this is them being forced into an apology and the reputational damage that comes with it.
"I've heard"
FFS I wish I had a pint gif every "I've heard" story that doesn't come true
If you break it down to cost per seat the sheep is coming in at £2,500 a seat, what will the quality be and how will the finished product look? Our club deck cost £15million for 7000 seats that’s just over £2,000 a seat and that was 29 years ago. Look at Crystal Palace there spending £75-100million on 13,500 seats roughly £5,500 a seat. Granted it’s there main stand and they will have more than just seating areas to build and fit out.

So I think your close in your costing for replacing the “new stands” at the san giro. If you do like for like with just all seating and no hospitality or offices the cost could come down as it’s a simpler structure to build. I think that the cost of £250million would roughly be what it would cost is to replace the 3 stands at Ibrox with circa 50k seat horseshoe with hospitality and offices.

As with the crash barriers neither of us would be replacing their respective main stands however, they could do with replacing theirs and bear in mind the mains stand is where the biggest expenditure is. I think they could replace the mechano kit for £150million and that wouldn’t be on the cheap.

Now to get back on track their tears taste wonderful!!
im sure our club deck was 22 million, might be wrong though.

In contrast, I would be absolutely devastated with a draw.

Even a win by one goal would be slightly disappointing.

I want victory by four or five goals. I want the Snyde phone in the following evening to be a Timmy meltdown special. I want column inches asking "Lennon - where did it all go wrong?" and putting pressure on Lawwell to go.

It's been years since we really humiliated them in an Old Firm game and we really need to rectify that.
Me 2 mate, they escaped a mauling the 2 previous visits so hopefully this time we give them it

I keep seeing them trying to play our results down its hilarious.

One guy earlier was trying to convince himself we were struggling against Hibs until they went down to 10

GCC are struggling to keep their golf courses and leisure centres open, I don’t think they will be in a position to help this time.

Could be the reason Haughey helped buy Hampden for the SFA

Glasgow City Council will bid to host the International Tiddlywinks Championships or the National Stair Jumping Convention or some other such nonsense and get a grant from central government to redevelop the stadium to host the catering facilities and do Glasgow proud.
Or I'll eat my fedora. Just kidding. I don't actually own a fedora.

I don’t know mate, that’s just what I’ve seen from here and some articles, which I couldn’t believe it was so low. But I think that is pretty standard in Scotland/Britain anyway, we don’t get the payouts you see stateside. I’m sure there’s far more info on the big thread on numbers, I was only trying to say I think they will build a new stadium in the next few years lol.
I'm assuming you haven't heard the news from the US ?

I worked with a structural engineer who had been on the Saville dome build, he was a Killie fan. He said that comparing the knew camp to Ibrox was like comparing a Lada with a Rolls Royce.
I know for sure that they have a corrosion problem in the roof structure with at least 2 of the stands. it was bad enough 10 years ago so must be worse now.

It must require maintenance soon and that will cost a fortune due to difficult access

Whilst I can see where you're coming from. We do not have punitive damages in Scotland. There is also the case that their paedophile ring was so vast there is quite a high chance more victims will come forward. Not only this, they took their deplorable actions out of this country to the US and god knows where else.
Norway for one.
God will know where else, but so will a lot of men inside Filth FC and they have kept stum with these secrets for almost half a decade.

They are getting away with this because in Scotland under the SNP, anything with a connotation to the SNP's voting block will be protected no matter how disgusting the crimes.
Think about that the next time you enter a voting booth.

Now I know that I may get hounded here. In fact I know I will and I don’t care. But I ventured into Kerrydale street forum just to see if there was any significant meltdowns and to my no surprise, there was indeed.

My personal favourite was:
I wouldn't worry about it. We'll probably lose the league this year. Sevco aren't any great shakes, but they're a physical side who press in midfield and utilise the wings relatively effectively. We'll get horsed at Ibrick on our current showing and it'll spiral from there.

We're ran by a shower of cheap cretins, who'll continually take the lazy option every time it's presented to them.

This was the best of the bunch. They are bricking it and some of it is even reality for them.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Schadenfreude my friend

Where did you pluck this arbitary figure from? And it's mentally challenged not poet.

I had read it in the big thread and was the figure that stuck in my mind. I still don’t think it will be far off that, but there’s plenty of discussion on that in the big thread.

I’ll call the scum whatever I want.

"I've heard"
FFS I wish I had a pint gif every "I've heard" story that doesn't come true

im sure our club deck was 22 million, might be wrong though.
It’s ‘I read’ and there is barely a single comment on this subject that hasn’t come from someone reading the information elsewhere.

I'm assuming you haven't heard the news from the US ?

I’ve heard about it, but do you know if there’s any agreement between USA and UK to allow courts to collect money in either country? I don’t think there is and unless the scum have assets in America, then a lawsuit there is really pointless from a financial side, as they wouldn’t be able to collect the money. Of course, the reputation damage from not paying court ordered compensation to abuse victims would be huge, but in any right minded country you would expect that to have happened 30 years ago when this first came out.

I’ve heard about it, but do you know if there’s any agreement between USA and UK to allow courts to collect money in either country? I don’t think there is and unless the scum have assets in America, then a lawsuit there is really pointless from a financial side, as they wouldn’t be able to collect the money. Of course, the reputation damage from not paying court ordered compensation to abuse victims would be huge, but in any right minded country you would expect that to have happened 30 years ago when this first came out.
Trying far too hard.

I would think that the case here has set a precedent, theoretically any crimes allegedly committed overseas would have a stronger chance of a successful case on the basis of admitting liability here.

I would think that the case here has set a precedent, theoretically any crimes allegedly committed overseas would have a stronger chance of a successful case on the basis of admitting liability here.

I think the case would be successful, it’s whether money could be collected from that company as they are not based in the USA and they don’t have jurisdiction to seize assets, I'm not sure how that works.

It will not cost them from a cash outflow as they will likely borrow the amount against the building. All they need to do is service the loan. Assuming the Co-op or GCC loaned them the money.

Depends on the lender. 25% down at least before anyone will touch it especially with the Kiddy abuse in the background. Thy won't get preferential rates either as the Co-Op won't touch them again. Middle eastern money won't be in the game as Celtc are a papist club. Looks like private Vatican money or GCC or the SFA.

Back