Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Don’t know if this has been posted before but a new victims rights bill was passed in New Jersey in May this year.

https://www.andersonadvocates.com/NewJerseySexualAbuse#tab_NewJerseyVictimsRights
The New Jersey Victims’ Rights Bill

On May 13, 2019, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed the Victims’ Rights Bill (S477) into law, effectively reforming the statute of limitations for child sexual abuse survivors in New Jersey.
An historic step forward for child protection, the New Jersey Victims’ Rights Bill:

• Allows adult survivors of child sex abuse to bring a civil lawsuit against abusers and institutions that protected them until the survivor reaches the age of 55, or seven years from the date they discover the cause of their injuries (whichever is later).
  • Opens a two-year window in New Jersey for survivors to file cases against perpetrators and the institutions that protected them, no matter when the abuse occurred.
  • Will open on December 1, 2019 and close December 1, 2021.
Tick tock scum.
I attached that to a certain email when I seen it and sent it off to a certain journalist. It says it all.

When you read replies like this from " Stef & Tommy " to Andrew Gray's Mum, you realise they're beginning to crack as the pressure mounts on their rancid club.

Celtic are up to their necks in the biggest Child Sex Abuse scandal in British sporting history, and guys like Stef & Tommy have nothing to come back with other than defiance and sheer hatred towards Rangers.

You can almost smell their fear. . .

@steffod

Cos your team canny kick a ball u have to cling on to sex abuse. Is that all you think about. I think and discuss football especially newco. Rangers are fuckin deed. U haven't won a single trophy. Absolute losers obsessed with child abuse. Support sevco, newco or lose-Co. Nae luk

images

Mad Tommy has completely lost it! :D

So they are now saying they are doing the right thing by paying compensation for Mccafferty’s victim and their fans are applauding them even though they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do so
If they are doing the right thing should they not be making a statement apologising to the victims?

All these other clubs like Southampton, Man City etc have all apologised and I have sympathy for these clubs as these evil bastards have used their position to abuse without the clubs knowledge

The CFC case is so so different as we all know they actually knew and not only did nothing to prevent it they actually took one of them back to the club

Add to this that they are trying all they can still to this day to get away with it and have even employed a PR company to help them means to me that they should be given the biggest sanction and punishment ever known

The club are every single bit as bad and as guilty as the abusers

At a time when their ONLY concern should be the wellbeing of the victims their ONLY concern is to save their skin

EVIL bastards

The reply from a "Celtic spokesman" needs read by everyone

'SECRECY' BLAST Lawyers of Celtic Boys Club child abuse victim accuse Celtic of ‘legally classifying survivors’ after ex-player is compensated
  • Connor Boylan
  • 17 Aug 2019, 17:31
  • Updated: 17 Aug 2019, 20:23
LAWYERS representing victims of the Celtic Boys Club child abuse scandal have launched a blistering attack on Celtic chiefs after the club agreed to pay compensation to an ex-player abused by paedo Jim McCafferty.
We told earlier how Celtic will pay thousands of pounds to a former pro-youth player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, after he was abused by former kitman McCafferty.
McCafferty was convicted for abusing youngsters
A settlement was agreed after the former player, in his 30s, successfully raised a claim through the Personal Injury Court in Edinburgh, with the club admitting liability.
But the legal team for Boys Club abuse victim Kenny Campbell blasted the Parkhead club after news of the settlement emerged – and accused them of “trying to keep it secret” and “legally classifying survivors”.
Celtic have since responded to Mr McGuire's statement and denied trying to keep the matter a secret.
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors, said: “It is very significant that news has emerged of Celtic reaching a settlement with one survivor.
US cops probe 'abuse of Celtic Boys Club player' on trip led by Frank Cairney
“The Scottish public can draw their own conclusions over the fact that the club tried to keep this secret and have issued no apology.
“Celtic now appear to be legally classifying survivors.
Lawyers have accused Celtic of 'trying to keep settlement secret'Credit: PA:press Association
“The vast majority of the survivors were at the boys club or at other youth football clubs in the Glasgow area where all the the men recently convicted held sway.
“But the separate entity defence dreamed up by Celtic’s spin doctors and insurance brokers means the club have simply ignored those survivors.
“For reasons of legal strategy in respect of the convicted paedophile Macafferty it appears the club have decided they can’t use this defence and so have tried to reach secret deals.
“This is utterly shameful.
“The club need to consider the effect all has on boys club survivors. Using legal trickery to winnow through abuse claims is abhorrent.

“Instead of listening to their spin doctors the club should meet with us and our clients now.
“Openness and decency is the way out of this for Celtic. We again appeal to Peter Lawwell and the board to do the right thing.”
Mr Campbell, who was abused by convicted Boys Club founder Jim Torbett, said: “Celtic have always done whatever they could to make me feel invisible.
“They never answer my letters and their highly paid PR company block me on twitter.
“Today’s news of a secret payout to a survivor approved by their shady spin doctors is another kick in the teeth.
“All I can say is please Peter Lawwell please don’t try and grade survivors by who abused us and when on the advice of these PR guys.
“Can I meet with you and with the other survivors so you can hear our story. I’m told you’re a decent guy. I want to believe it please just do the right thing.”
Celtic hit back Mr McGuire's statement, branding it "misleading and unjustified".
A spokesperson for Celtic FC said: "We deliberately did not comment on the news story this morning for reasons of respect for the victim of the historic abuse at the hands of Jim McCafferty.
"However, we cannot let Mr McGuire’s continued misleading and unjustified attacks on the club and on our Chief Executive in the media to continue. The McCafferty settlement was based on legal advice and is evidence alone of the club’s willingness to meet its obligations.
"We did not ask for a confidentiality agreement to be signed or keep this case ‘a secret’, so for Mr McGuire to suggest otherwise is completely untrue. We have, however, conducted this matter with sensitivity and discretion, which we think is the considerate and appropriate approach.

"As we have made clear, the ongoing cases should be pursued through the legal process and not through the media, yet Mr McGuire appears to be more interested in writing press releases than in corresponding with our insurers or their lawyers. We respect claimants’ rights and our advisers will communicate with them and their representatives directly in the proper manner, which is precisely what our representatives are doing.
"We have said very clearly and publicly that we have enormous sympathy for all victims of historic abuse, which has occurred across many different organisations.
"As a club, we take our obligations and responsibilities seriously and are co-operating fully with both the authorities and the process. We consider Mr McGuire’s words therefore not just to be wholly disrespectful of what is a very sensitive legal process but also grossly inaccurate and defamatory.
"We will continue to follow the proper processes, as we have done from the outset, and to meet all of our obligations."
McCafferty, who has held roles at both Celtic FC and Celtic Boys Club, was jailed earlier this year after admitting a string of historic sex offences against young players.
He became the fourth paedophile associated with the Boys Club to be convicted in recent months.
Frank Cairney, 83, was jailed for four years in February for preying on eight youngsters.
Torbett, 71, was also caged for a second time last year for sexually abusing kids at the Boys Club.
Former Boys Club chairman Gerald King, 66, was found guilty of targeting five kids but dodged jail.
Celtic bosses previously expressed “regret and sorrow” for victims of abuse following McCafferty’s conviction.
But the club has always insisted the Boys Club was a separate entity.
Celtic announced in May they had been conducting a two-year investigation into the child abuse scandal at Celtic Boys Club.
The SFA have also launched a five-year plan to make footie safer for kids following the sex abuse scandal.

PBB what a courageous post and I wish you every success in your pursuit of proper compensation from CFC for the emotional trauma and suffering you have been subjected to

The people who abused you are dirty paedo scum and they will hopefully get their comeuppance one day

Stay strong and as other posters have said you are a very brave man

Good luck in your fight for justice, an apology and proper compensation for disgusting crimes against you

The reply from a "Celtic spokesman" needs read by everyone

'SECRECY' BLAST Lawyers of Celtic Boys Club child abuse victim accuse Celtic of ‘legally classifying survivors’ after ex-player is compensated
  • Connor Boylan

• 17 Aug 2019, 17:31
  • Updated: 17 Aug 2019, 20:23
LAWYERS representing victims of the Celtic Boys Club child abuse scandal have launched a blistering attack on Celtic chiefs after the club agreed to pay compensation to an ex-player abused by paedo Jim McCafferty.
We told earlier how Celtic will pay thousands of pounds to a former pro-youth player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, after he was abused by former kitman McCafferty.
McCafferty was convicted for abusing youngsters
A settlement was agreed after the former player, in his 30s, successfully raised a claim through the Personal Injury Court in Edinburgh, with the club admitting liability.
But the legal team for Boys Club abuse victim Kenny Campbell blasted the Parkhead club after news of the settlement emerged – and accused them of “trying to keep it secret” and “legally classifying survivors”.
Celtic have since responded to Mr McGuire's statement and denied trying to keep the matter a secret.
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors, said: “It is very significant that news has emerged of Celtic reaching a settlement with one survivor.
US cops probe 'abuse of Celtic Boys Club player' on trip led by Frank Cairney
“The Scottish public can draw their own conclusions over the fact that the club tried to keep this secret and have issued no apology.
“Celtic now appear to be legally classifying survivors.
Lawyers have accused Celtic of 'trying to keep settlement secret'Credit: PA:press Association
“The vast majority of the survivors were at the boys club or at other youth football clubs in the Glasgow area where all the the men recently convicted held sway.
“But the separate entity defence dreamed up by Celtic’s spin doctors and insurance brokers means the club have simply ignored those survivors.
“For reasons of legal strategy in respect of the convicted paedophile Macafferty it appears the club have decided they can’t use this defence and so have tried to reach secret deals.
“This is utterly shameful.
“The club need to consider the effect all has on boys club survivors. Using legal trickery to winnow through abuse claims is abhorrent.

“Instead of listening to their spin doctors the club should meet with us and our clients now.
“Openness and decency is the way out of this for Celtic. We again appeal to Peter Lawwell and the board to do the right thing.”
Mr Campbell, who was abused by convicted Boys Club founder Jim Torbett, said: “Celtic have always done whatever they could to make me feel invisible.
“They never answer my letters and their highly paid PR company block me on twitter.
“Today’s news of a secret payout to a survivor approved by their shady spin doctors is another kick in the teeth.
“All I can say is please Peter Lawwell please don’t try and grade survivors by who abused us and when on the advice of these PR guys.
“Can I meet with you and with the other survivors so you can hear our story. I’m told you’re a decent guy. I want to believe it please just do the right thing.”
Celtic hit back Mr McGuire's statement, branding it "misleading and unjustified".
A spokesperson for Celtic FC said: "We deliberately did not comment on the news story this morning for reasons of respect for the victim of the historic abuse at the hands of Jim McCafferty.
"However, we cannot let Mr McGuire’s continued misleading and unjustified attacks on the club and on our Chief Executive in the media to continue. The McCafferty settlement was based on legal advice and is evidence alone of the club’s willingness to meet its obligations.
"We did not ask for a confidentiality agreement to be signed or keep this case ‘a secret’, so for Mr McGuire to suggest otherwise is completely untrue. We have, however, conducted this matter with sensitivity and discretion, which we think is the considerate and appropriate approach.

"As we have made clear, the ongoing cases should be pursued through the legal process and not through the media, yet Mr McGuire appears to be more interested in writing press releases than in corresponding with our insurers or their lawyers. We respect claimants’ rights and our advisers will communicate with them and their representatives directly in the proper manner, which is precisely what our representatives are doing.
"We have said very clearly and publicly that we have enormous sympathy for all victims of historic abuse, which has occurred across many different organisations.
"As a club, we take our obligations and responsibilities seriously and are co-operating fully with both the authorities and the process. We consider Mr McGuire’s words therefore not just to be wholly disrespectful of what is a very sensitive legal process but also grossly inaccurate and defamatory.
"We will continue to follow the proper processes, as we have done from the outset, and to meet all of our obligations."
McCafferty, who has held roles at both Celtic FC and Celtic Boys Club, was jailed earlier this year after admitting a string of historic sex offences against young players.
He became the fourth paedophile associated with the Boys Club to be convicted in recent months.
Frank Cairney, 83, was jailed for four years in February for preying on eight youngsters.
Torbett, 71, was also caged for a second time last year for sexually abusing kids at the Boys Club.
Former Boys Club chairman Gerald King, 66, was found guilty of targeting five kids but dodged jail.
Celtic bosses previously expressed “regret and sorrow” for victims of abuse following McCafferty’s conviction.
But the club has always insisted the Boys Club was a separate entity.
Celtic announced in May they had been conducting a two-year investigation into the child abuse scandal at Celtic Boys Club.
The SFA have also launched a five-year plan to make footie safer for kids following the sex abuse scandal.

As a club, we take our obligations and responsibilities seriously and are co-operating fully with both the authorities and the process. We consider Mr McGuire’s words therefore not just to be wholly disrespectful of what is a very sensitive legal process but also grossly inaccurate and defamatory.

Goodness, where do you start with this reply.............

Even in their guilt, they have no shame.........

They will fight to the last to avoid admitting any responsibility of guilt - let alone saying ‘sorry’ for those victims abused under the supposed separate entitity of the boys club.

The victims of Torbett and Cairney - of which there will be far far many - need a breakthrough now. It’s disgisuting and shameful the length and means to which the vermin are going to try and escape justice here

Don’t know if this has been posted before but a new victims rights bill was passed in New Jersey in May this year.

https://www.andersonadvocates.com/NewJerseySexualAbuse#tab_NewJerseyVictimsRights
The New Jersey Victims’ Rights Bill

On May 13, 2019, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed the Victims’ Rights Bill (S477) into law, effectively reforming the statute of limitations for child sexual abuse survivors in New Jersey.
An historic step forward for child protection, the New Jersey Victims’ Rights Bill:
  • Allows adult survivors of child sex abuse to bring a civil lawsuit against abusers and institutions that protected them until the survivor reaches the age of 55, or seven years from the date they discover the cause of their injuries (whichever is later).
  • Opens a two-year window in New Jersey for survivors to file cases against perpetrators and the institutions that protected them, no matter when the abuse occurred.
  • Will open on December 1, 2019 and close December 1, 2021.
Tick tock scum.

Cairney and Kelly and McGinn will be shitting themselves if the victim decides to make a statement to New Jersey police and prosecutors

There is definitely evidence of a crime being committed and there witness still alive who knew about the sexual assault by Cairney and Pat and Diane Brannigan should be interviewed under caution as they have admitted to newspapers previously of the cover up and that CFC Directors were party to the incident and did not involve the authorities

US lawyers would take them to the cleaners if this is pursued

Jack McGinn’s son, Francis played in the team I was in.

They were well aware of what was going on and did nothing to stop it.

Can’t remember if McGinn was a director at the time, but I think he was an employee at the time

I remember at the court trial in 1998 he was cited to give evidence in support of Cairney which was quite incredible

As a club, we take our obligations and responsibilities seriously and are co-operating fully with both the authorities and the process. We consider Mr McGuire’s words therefore not just to be wholly disrespectful of what is a very sensitive legal process but also grossly inaccurate and defamatory.

From top to bottom they truly are a shameless, rancid, club like no other.

Can’t remember if McGinn was a director at the time, but I think he was an employee at the time

I remember at the court trial in 1998 he was cited to give evidence in support of Cairney which was quite incredible

It is beyond comprehension what they are willing to do to protect these beasts from being brought to justice. Being complicit is a criminal act in itself, without a doubt there are enablers needing to be questioned and prosecuted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49380349

A former youth player at Celtic has been awarded "significant" compensation from the club after being sexually abused by a coach.
The Parkhead club has admitted liability for historic abuse carried out by convicted paedophile Jim McCafferty.
The award was made to the victim, who cannot be named, by the Personal Injury Court in Edinburgh.
The man claimed his mental health was affected by abuse during the 1990s.
Football abuse: SFA publish child safety strategy
Celtic abuse regret 'too little, too late'
Jim McCafferty: The abuser who preyed on dreams of football stardom
Former Celtic youth football coach Jim McCafferty admits abuse
The victim's lawyer, abuse specialist Kim Leslie, said: "For decades my client suffered as a result of McCafferty's abuse so above all else I'd like to pay tribute to him for the courage he has shown in stepping forward after coming to terms with what happened.
"Ever since McCafferty's abuse was exposed, Celtic FC remained firm in its defence and denial of responsibility.
"However, after thorough investigations I was able to present a robust case which resulted in the club admitting liability.
"I hope the successful end to this legal action brings closure to my client and also brings hope to those who considering a civil action of their own."
The exact amount of the payout has not been disclosed, but was described as "significant".
McCafferty with a Celtic youth team
Image caption
McCafferty (far left) pictured with a Celtic youth team
In May, 73-year-old Jim McCafferty admitted 10 charges of indecent assault, one charge of lewd and libidinous behaviour, and a breach of the peace.
The offences were carried out against 10 teenage boys between 1972 and 1996.
He was jailed for six years and nine months. He was already serving a jail term for abusing a teenage boy in Belfast.
McCafferty was a coach and kit man for the Celtic youth team and also worked for Celtic Boys Club.
In his career he also worked at Hibernian and Falkirk football clubs.
The incidents took place in several locations across Scotland - including team showers, hotel rooms and mini buses - over several decades from the 1970s onwards.
'Legal trickery'
The move sparked anger from other survivors of abuse connected to the club.
Thompsons Solicitors partner Patrick McGuire, who is representing some of McCafferty's victims in civil cases, said: "The Scottish public can draw their own conclusions over the fact that the club tried to keep this secret and have issued no apology.
"The club need to consider the effect all this has on Boys Club survivors. Using legal trickery to winnow through abuse claims is abhorrent.
"Instead of listening to their spin doctors the club should meet with us and our clients now.
"Openness and decency is the way out of this for Celtic. We again appeal to Peter Lawell and the board to do the right thing."
A spokesman for Celtic FC strongly denied Mr McGuire's claims, including that it had tried to keep the case "secret".
"We deliberately did not comment on the news story this morning for reasons of respect for the victim of the historic abuse at the hands of Jim McCafferty," he said.
The spokesman said the settlement was based on legal advice and "is evidence alone of the club's willingness to meet its obligations".
"We did not ask for a confidentiality agreement to be signed or keep this case 'a secret', so for Mr McGuire to suggest otherwise is completely untrue. We have, however, conducted this matter with sensitivity and discretion, which we think is the considerate and appropriate approach."
The spokesman added that the club had "very clearly and publicly" expressed "enormous sympathy for all victims of historic abuse, which has occurred across many different organisations".

The proper process is to admit your guilt, that as Celtic Football Club, you deliberately covered up Child Sexual Abuse and encouraged a Paedophile Ring to openly operate within the structure of said club..........

Then and only then, can the victims of this disgusting crime, start their road of recovery. Like with any victim, they need to know the guilty party, is guilty, to give them some kind of closure.

Hopefully this is the start of, as CFC describe it, the PROCESS, that will bring some can of solace to the many victims......

A veiled threat as they attempt to put the frighteners on McGuire.

What an emotive topic this is

I know I've angrily spouted off on this thread before & I admit it's often difficult to focus on the key issues when there's a multitude of people, including a PR company, trying to deflect attention away from truth & the victims

Then a post like PaisleyBear's gets everyting grounded, into perspective & clearly defines the real problem for us

I have nothing but respect for Paisley Bear & gratitude for choosing to share this & I'm unable to put into adequate words all the emotions this conjures up -
So if I am struggling for words I'm all the more mindfull of what all the victims must be going through

I sincerely hope the suffering exoerienced by countless youngsters can reach some form of respite as soon as possible

Meanwhile - we need to use the above points to keep sight of the ridiculous moral high ground that has been trundled out by that club & the so-called media & forget the point scoring name calling we get accused of - which is so petty in comparison to the crimes commmitted

Last edited:

I'm struggling to get my head round this and put into words my feelings. Both McGinn and Dornan were aware of the allegations, not only did they fail to report it to the authorities, but continued to expose their own children to potential abuse from these bastards.

How any parent could knowingly do this is beyond my comprehension. I actually feel physically sick thinking about it.

Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons solicitors, said: “The Scottish public can draw their own conclusions over the fact the club tried to keep this [settlement] secret and has issued no apology.

“For reasons of legal strategy, it appears the club has tried to reach secret deals. This is utterly shameful”.

Kenny Campbell, a survivor of convicted CBC paedophile Jim Torbett appealed to meet Celtic chief Peter Lawwell and said: “This news of a secret pay-out to a survivor approved by their shady spin doctors is another kick in the teeth.”

No one does denial and self-preservation quite like Celtic.

They have to be the most despicable club in world football.

Cairney and Kelly and McGinn will be shitting themselves if the victim decides to make a statement to New Jersey police and prosecutors

There is definitely evidence of a crime being committed and there witness still alive who knew about the sexual assault by Cairney and Pat and Diane Brannigan should be interviewed under caution as they have admitted to newspapers previously of the cover up and that CFC Directors were party to the incident and did not involve the authorities

US lawyers would take them to the cleaners if this is pursued

There were strong rumours about an NDA being signed for this incident, but of course by the boys parent.

Would be very interesting to establish if this was true. Also, where does that leave the victim now that he’s an adult ?

Some on here are aware that a few of us have been working together behind the scenes working on different angles to bring justice for the victims and families.

Some are also aware that I made contact in Kearny with a certain journalist who then forwarded all the info and evidence I had to the chief of police in NJ. After talking amongst ourselves I’ve decided to put the following reply on the forum from the chief I received not long ago.

It’s a short reply but I think you will agree it speaks volumes.
Lurkers enjoy...,

This information was recently brought to my attention. The Kearny Police Department Detective Bureau is reviewing this information and is in consultation with the Hudson County Prosecutors Office. I am not able to provide any further detail or information regarding the investigation at this point in time.
Thank You.
George King
Chief of Police

This is what convinced me they're truly going to end up getting hammered for this.

Still trying to lie, spin and deflect. No consideration to their victims, all focus on trying to wriggle out of it. That strategy never ends well. The only way out is remorse and putting things right, sounds like they're not interested.

They'll get everything they deserve. I just hope the victims don't get hassled through it all and receive justice for what they were put through.

So that photo is basically saying Kevin Kelly was part of it as well ? That's why the money went to the trophy centre

There isn’t any evidence to prove that Kelly was a paedophile, but there is peripheral information that questions his behaviour.

Examples -

He conducted the meeting with Hugh Birt to release him from the club, and he had Torbett & Cairney in that meeting with him. So two of the paedophiles Birt complained about were in that meeting with Kelly ? Just seems absurd.
And of course he has been in the pictures with Savile & Torbett & O’Brien, etc.

It does seem very strange.

Some on here are aware that a few of us have been working together behind the scenes working on different angles to bring justice for the victims and families.

Some are also aware that I made contact in Kearny with a certain journalist who then forwarded all the info and evidence I had to the chief of police in NJ. After talking amongst ourselves I’ve decided to put the following reply on the forum from the chief I received not long ago.

It’s a short reply but I think you will agree it speaks volumes.
Lurkers enjoy...,

This information was recently brought to my attention. The Kearny Police Department Detective Bureau is reviewing this information and is in consultation with the Hudson County Prosecutors Office. I am not able to provide any further detail or information regarding the investigation at this point in time.
Thank You.
George King
Chief of Police

Great initiative on this mate ;)

I hope the guy making the documentary slaughters the media/"Journos" up here too, for their part in the cover up in being so compliant to them, could also paint the picture of them trying to sully other clubs names through their crisis management PR company to run interference for them, still to 'this day' trying to hide and cover up their vile deeds.

And of course the SNP Government who have totally ignored it apart from the opportunist Dornan, who jumped in to try to smooth the passage for them.

I think that they are close to capitulation.

Here is a scenario. They agree to settle out of court. Very shortly thereafter they sack Lennon. I think that they will sack Lennon anyway, so they will time it to suit their agenda.

If they do this, they bundle up their bad news and in so doing dilute the child abuse. I know it should not dilute it, but they have a tame press.

Better to do that and attempt a clean break and set the focus on bringing in a new manager.

A lot of pain over a short period of time could be the least unattractive option.

The alternative is for this to drag on over a long period involving multiple court appearances and the associated press coverage.

I think that they are close to capitulation.

Here is a scenario. They agree to settle out of court. Very shortly thereafter they sack Lennon. I think that they will sack Lennon anyway, so they will time it to suit their agenda.

If they do this, they bundle up their bad news and in so doing dilute the child abuse. I know it should not dilute it, but they have a tame press.

Better to do that and attempt a clean break and set the focus on bringing in a new manager.

A lot of pain over a short period of time could be the least unattractive option.

The alternative is for this to drag on over a long period involving multiple court appearances and the associated press coverage.
Ever decreasing circles for them bud, the time I believe, is coming when they will run out of excuses and room to hide. It's like watching a monolith structure being brought down by the explosive demolition experts, boom boom boom goes the various floors of it. Then boom away goes the legs and foundations and it collapses down on itself. Any bears got a gif of a building coming down with explosives lol

I don't think the flood gates will open until it is established in court that CBC was not a separate entity. So there is going to have to be at least one test case to do that and, obviously, Celtic are going to fight that vigourously.

That is my opinion. It isn't based on any inside knowledge.

There isn’t any evidence to prove that Kelly was a paedophile, but there is peripheral information that questions his behaviour.

Examples -

He conducted the meeting with Hugh Birt to release him from the club, and he had Torbett & Cairney in that meeting with him. So two of the paedophiles Birt complained about were in that meeting with Kelly ? Just seems absurd.
And of course he has been in the pictures with Savile & Torbett & O’Brien, etc.

It does seem very strange.
When Bill McNeil was sacked Kevin Kelly was away in France with the boys club
Why would this be?????
After all it’s a separate entity is it not

I would put money on him having some involvement

I don't think the flood gates will open until it is established in court that CBC was not a separate entity. So there is going to have to be at least one test case to do that and, obviously, Celtic are going to fight that vigourously.

That is my opinion. It isn't based on any inside knowledge.

I’m not sure we want to push this timing wise.

What we’ve managed to do is drip drip drip bad news about them over months now.

My thought is we try to work all of these angles were working, constantly raising awareness by the week, with a view to the big documentary in a few months being THE BIG BANG moment.

At that stage hopefully others will be dragged into finally dealing with it.

When Bill McNeil was sacked Kevin Kelly was away in France with the boys club
Why would this be?????
After all it’s a separate entity is it not

I would put money on him having some involvement

I think you’ll be right Fraser. But in the same way as those fookers throw shit at Gough & Chalmers ( my old school teacher ) without hard supporting data, we need to work that angle before being public in our declarations.

Just my thoughts mate.

There's nothing but a dodgy newspaper scribbler's guess to even estimate what the real payout may have been. I'll wait for something more substantial...
If any organisation can do it, it’ll be them. Hollicom are on this full time. They’ve got baying mobs of similarly minded chip on the shoulder victims just dying to help them.

I hope they all die trying.
I just wonder out of curiosity what would happen if RFC were to hire Hollicom to give us good publicity ?…….Could that end up a stalemate for the paedo club or hollicom perchance ? Just wondering like :cool: .

Back