Match Thread East Fife v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

The stadium looks f*cking awful with one side... absolutely no atmosphere.
Clubs like Dumbartin etc surely should try and add some standing areas to try and create some atmosphere.
Junior grounds have 4 sides so it cant be finance thats stopping them doing it

If I'd known it was a shitey pitch before the game I would have expected a poor game, they always are. Glad we rested so many.

We're comfortable without playing well.

Poor first half from us. I suppose to a certain extend understandable given it’s the first time a lot of these players have played together. Still we’re a goal up and I fancy EF will tire as the game goes on

Not much to say about that first half, mundane pish. Pressure off thanks to a bit of magic from defoe.

Aribo playing well but far too deep for me.

Really dramatic drop in quality, but the conditions are terrible as well tbf.

Not sure I get Kamara being mentioned as not “seizing his chance”. He’s been poor first half, but will play plenty of games this season. There’s others in team today who’ll probably not feature again after today.

Defoes 1st touch there got him about 8 yards of space. East Fife defender won't have come up against that very much

I want him to play this carefully though.
We know from last season and prior to this game how much he values players showing up and making selection problems for him.

It’s far too early in the season for squad harmony to turn up post match and empty them to the media.

Oh I don’t think he’ll be too critical of them, but I also don’t think there’s much chance he’ll have a selection headache after this either.

There’s still 45 minutes to go anyway, and we should also factor in the conditions, though for me the conditions aren’t a valid excuse for being that poor.

Not a good game at all. Pitch and conditions are horrible. A few of our players have been a bit slack though and could do with giving themselves a shake like Halliday and kamara.

Halliday has had a howler. Barisic gets regularly slaughtered on here, when he’s never played as poor.

Stewart and Docherty just won’t make it at Rangers.

Like the look of Helander, but he doesn’t replace Goldson or Katic at the moment.

Don’t see east fife finishing with 11 men.

Really dramatic drop in quality, but the conditions are terrible as well tbf.

Not sure I get Kamara being mentioned as not “seizing his chance”. He’s been poor first half, but will play plenty of games this season. There’s others in team today who’ll probably not feature again after today.

Said it before but Kamara should never be played on the plastic pitches. He's a quality footballer but I've never seen him have a decent game on one. He just doesn't know how to.

Aribo, Helander, Edmundson, Docherty and Defoe playing very well. Jones needs to work in his final ball and Stewart keeps falling over his own feet. Not comfortable with Kamara as the deep receiver, he doesn’t release the ball quick enough to play that role has to be Jack or Davis. End of the day it’s a run out for squad Players and some of them need to step it up and show why they should be keeping a shirt.

It's what I expected from the pitch , shite, the players , some are not doing themselves a y favours Halliday for one.

Either barisic is our first choice or we need to go into the market for another lb Flanagan honking on Thursday there and Halliday has been shite as well

Girles doing well

ECQim4BX4AEbBFW

We've not been brilliant but can't say I've been too concerned, we have been well in control of the game. Not a lot of players grabbing their opportunity atm

Oh well, can't see my -4 bet coming in unless we up our game a bit.

Getting through is all that matters tho, half way there.

Well, if the first half is anything to go by, you can see why fringe players are fringe players and not a one of them has done themselves any favours. Halliday has been poor, Kamara has been awful and the rest of the midfield not much better. Docherty, Stewart and even Aribo have done next to nothing. Only positives from me have been Helander and Defoe. Edmundson has done ok.

Back