Max Lowe

Harbour Bear

Official Ticketer
Is he good enough to be our LB?

It seems that he would be available for ~£2m which i am sure we could get for Barisic.

I think it's clear that our 11 needs a natural LB before it is complete

Another left back should be brought in to fight it out with Barisic not to replace him. To have one recognised left back is a nonsense.

No scout watching us will see Barisic as someone who stands out, quite the opposite in fact.

Which asks the question, who's selecting him for the international side.

I can only assume they are short in that position and he's being picked on the back of his previous club and international performances.

Something I thought only Scotland would do.

I liked Lowe at Aberdeen but only watched him a handful of times so not a big sample size. It needs sorted asap. I suspect it won't be addressed until after the Warsaw games. If we qualify we will have a bit extra money to work with.

Loan him in with a option to buy . Athletic, strong defensively and not in the same way that someone like McKenna is "good" defensively for the same side last year, dont know a ton about how good he is in the attack however

I’m not totally convinced by Lowe, but we need to get a new left back sorted ASAP and he is better than what we have. Halliday showed today he is not a viable option for the position, Barisic is seemingly done and Flanagan should be back up not first choice - for all the praise he gets on here, he has been at fault a few times when we’ve conceded recently.

I’m not totally convinced by Lowe, but we need to get a new left back sorted ASAP and he is better than what we have. Halliday showed today he is not a viable option for the position, Barisic is seemingly done and Flanagan should be back up not first choice - for all the praise he gets on here, he has been at fault a few times when we’ve conceded recently.

All three of them aren’t good enough.

Not addressing this position could cost us 55. In my opinion everything else is good enough to take the title.

Well it's quite clear between barisic, flanno and halliday they all have their weaknesses, I think the right investment in this position gives us an overall very strong 11.

Would you prefer if we paid him off despite him having a good rep?

I’d prefer we hadn’t signed him at all.
A monumental waste of money.
He’s not comfortable being at a big club as shown by his 2 big moves going pear shaped.

Barisic clearly not in the plans , something weird there as the guy is a Croatian international and should have market value but unless we can sell him difficult to see another LB being bought.

It's frustrating because all three of Barisic, Halliday and Flanagan have performed okay at times at left back with the occasional really good performance (Halliday vs the tims last year for example) but not one of them is consistent enough to get the starting gig permanently.

Gerrard admitted the squad was too big after the game today so it would likely take a few bodies out before any come in.

Back