Gerrard says Joe Aribo "has the world at his feet"

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Rangers's Joe Aribo has "the world at his feet", says manager Steven Gerrard, after the midfielder shone in the Scottish League Cup win over East Fife.

Aribo capped an excellent display with the final goal in the 3-0 win at League One East Fife as Rangers advanced to an away tie at Livingston.

Gerrard made 10 changes and says the players justified his "trust, belief and confidence" in them.

"Everyone will go away talking about Joe Aribo and rightly so," he said.

"I am not sure how many good players have been at this stadium, but I don't think you will see many better than Joe.

Top players turn up anywhere, it doesn't matter if it is in front of 50,000, or 1500, your standards are always the same and from day one Joe has done that. He was outstanding from start to finish.

"He can go as far as he wants. I hope he stays alongside me for many years, but he's got the world at his feet."

Gerrard gave three players debuts, with Filip Helander marking his with a goal and assist, while loan signings Andy King and Brandon Barker made their first appearances as second-half substitutes.

After surviving an early scare when Aaron Dunsmore almost put the hosts in front, Rangers took charge and a sublime Jermain Defoe strike paved the way for a commanding win.

"The idea of having a big squad of quality players is when you change it up the level doesn't drop," Gerrard told BT Sport.

"We left eight back today who are normally starters so I showed confidence and belief in the team. A lot of people have been training well and took their chance.

"Coming here to a pitch like this with the wind swirling, it was always going to be a test but we passed it."

This boy is going to win POTY, we have unearthed an absolute gem. In an era when transfer fees are going crazy and we have just seen an injury ridden left back who is Scotlands 2nd choice go for 25 million, then alongside Morelos we have another asset who is going to earn us a fortune. But ofcourse I hope the lad stays long enough to win titles and sample Champions League nights at Ibrox.

Happy days indeed.

Well not to rain on the Parade!
How much is this lad worth that he plays for us and not the Scum!

giphy.gif

Can I bottle this feeling and have it forever? I know that it's only east fife but everything about us coupled with the utter shambles in the east end has me feeling like I haven't for many years. This is tremendous. We have so much quality in the players let alone the coaching staff. I fucking love Gerrard.

Wouldn't be in the least surprised if SG took the likes of Morelos and Aribo with him, not necessarily from us when he eventually moves on.He will know quality when he sees it.Hopefully all 3 are with us for the foreseeable future.

To look at him and when you hear him being interviewed you’d think it would be fairly easy to push him off the ball but his strength is almost as impressive as his close control etc.

Reactions: TQ3
If he stays injury free and plays the way he has been his first 6 games for us , he will be attracting EPL bids of £30 million plus come next summer . Of that I have absolutely no doubt . Enjoy him while we can .

He’s still to be booted to London and back by the Scottish stalwarts from Motherwell, Livingston etc.

Some of his play today was a joy to watch, but against stronger teams already it’s been better. Really enjoy watching this lad playing football.

Some high praise indeed from the gaffer and rightly so Aribo deserves every bit of it and to think he will only get better being coached by people who have very high standards it will be very exciting watching him as the weeks go by

Rangers's Joe Aribo has "the world at his feet", says manager Steven Gerrard, after the midfielder shone in the Scottish League Cup win over East Fife.

Aribo capped an excellent display with the final goal in the 3-0 win at League One East Fife as Rangers advanced to an away tie at Livingston.

Gerrard made 10 changes and says the players justified his "trust, belief and confidence" in them.

"Everyone will go away talking about Joe Aribo and rightly so," he said.

"I am not sure how many good players have been at this stadium, but I don't think you will see many better than Joe.

Top players turn up anywhere, it doesn't matter if it is in front of 50,000, or 1500, your standards are always the same and from day one Joe has done that. He was outstanding from start to finish.

"He can go as far as he wants. I hope he stays alongside me for many years, but he's got the world at his feet."

Gerrard gave three players debuts, with Filip Helander marking his with a goal and assist, while loan signings Andy King and Brandon Barker made their first appearances as second-half substitutes.

After surviving an early scare when Aaron Dunsmore almost put the hosts in front, Rangers took charge and a sublime Jermain Defoe strike paved the way for a commanding win.

"The idea of having a big squad of quality players is when you change it up the level doesn't drop," Gerrard told BT Sport.

"We left eight back today who are normally starters so I showed confidence and belief in the team. A lot of people have been training well and took their chance.

"Coming here to a pitch like this with the wind swirling, it was always going to be a test but we passed it."

I repeated every one of those quotes to myself in a scouser accent, I'm hooked as well as pished.

It looks like the ball is stuck to his boot. His close control is unreal and the ground he eats up is phenomenal.

Massive, massive fan of Aribo.

If he has not been exceptional for us in every game that he has played ; He has , at the very least , been excellent .
Hope that he gets the bug ( as Albertz did ) , and stays for years .

Joe has a great engine, great feet, strong, ghosts past players with ease, scores goals, bit of a tit if you ask me, :D

Now that biscuit hips has been punted, we have two players that are more sellable assets than any they have.
Aribo is a gem and Alfie will top the scoring chart.
The SMSM know this and are to fucking cowardly to put fingers on typewriters to admit it.
Our squad is strong and comparable to them, they will be in for a fright.

Back