The Juniors - 17th August 2019

Largs Thistle 3 - 2 Hurlford United

Close match for most of the time. Thistle went two goals up in the first 12 mins with two stick-on pens.

Hurlford got it back to 2-2 by the break and dominated the early second half.

However, Thistle came on to their ‘A’ game and the Hurlford keeper produced four outstanding saves to keep it at 2-2.

In 86 mins Ben Black made it 3-2 then got a second yellow shortly after.

Thistle saw out the match and have a great result against one of the league’s stronger teams.

Largs Thistle 3-2 Hurlford United (Needs repeating!) ;)

Mon the Theesel! :))

Talbot 6 Dundonald 1

Job done at 4-0 by halftime

To the guy who’s pals with the Bell keeper ask him about the 5th Talbot goal.

One Linlithgow amateur team now play under the banner of Bo'ness United Juniors at Newtown Park, meanwhile another under the name of Linlithgow Rose Juniors at the local leisure centre....Confused? Both the original teams stepped up to the East Of Scotland league.

One of the worst refereeing decisions you are ever likely to see resulted in Ladeside being awarded a penalty. Pollok were admittedly poor and probably should've had their own spot kick. A draw would've been a far fairer result even if it would've flattered the home side.

My word did Pollok miss Gerry Mclauchlan.

One of the worst refereeing decisions you are ever likely to see resulted in Ladeside being awarded a penalty. Pollok were admittedly poor and probably should've had their own spot kick. A draw would've been a far fairer result even if it would've flattered the home side.

Is he injured? Seen him few weeks ago and tbh looked abit of a bombscare

Is he injured? Seen him few weeks ago and tbh looked abit of a bombscare
I'm not sure mate. The backline looked its most solid when it was Gallacher, Boyle, McLauchlan and Sideserf a few games back.

Gerry's a calming influence if you ask me. The bombscare is Grant Evans amigo. The fact that he played seventy or eighty senior games tells you all you need to know about the state of the game in this country. I can see why Murdie gives him game time because at times he has no one else. But by f**k is he hard to watch.

Play the young lad Coutts if Evans plays for lok they lose a goal , thenewleague cup set harms teams who go far in it ie sat , mon , wed picking up injuries and cards. Btw the ref was fkn hopeless today wilb senior in 2 years

@Cardendenger

If you were down I hope you enjoyed it (as much as you could anyway). Always nice to see a UJ at games :)

Last edited:
Another good 3 points for Cambuslang . When you take in a 'Lang game you are always guaranteed goals , 15 of them in the last 2 games , 4-6 and 3-2 . Somervell for thrills . :D

Another good 3 points for Cambuslang . When you take in a 'Lang game you are always guaranteed goals , 15 of them in the last 2 games , 4-6 and 3-2 . Somervell for thrills . :D

Cambuslang led 3-2 with about 30 mins to go & were under the cosh last 15 mins , but held on for a deserved win.
Another sublime finish from Scott Hadden today for Cambuslang'a 2nd goal. Great wee player.....

Have a good feeling for The 'Lang this season after all our turmoil last season . Good team spirit , no problem scoring goals , just need to keep the back door shut a bit more . ;)

Pollok created nothing of note.Don’t think the Kilbirnie keeper had anything major to deal with :D

I'm not sure mate. The backline looked its most solid when it was Gallacher, Boyle, McLauchlan and Sideserf a few games back.

Gerry's a calming influence if you ask me. The bombscare is Grant Evans amigo. The fact that he played seventy or eighty senior games tells you all you need to know about the state of the game in this country. I can see why Murdie gives him game time because at times he has no one else. But by f**k is he hard to watch.

Is that the big tall lad whos carrying abit of timber??

Talbot 6 Dundonald 1

Job done at 4-0 by halftime

To the guy who’s pals with the Bell keeper ask him about the 5th Talbot goal.
I left my house at 2pm to head to Beechwood the road was shut to Killie it took me 15 minutes to get to Springside from Dreggin managed to turn round and went hame

Play the young lad Coutts if Evans plays for lok they lose a goal , thenewleague cup set harms teams who go far in it ie sat , mon , wed picking up injuries and cards. Btw the ref was fkn hopeless today wilb senior in 2 years
You've got a point mate.

Tony Coutts is a far better 'footballer' than Grant Evans will ever be. Last season I was constantly thinking that Coutts should come into the side. But Evans is bigger and stronger. Not that he's perfect by any manner of means, defensively, Evans is reasonable and is probably more reliable in that respect than Coutts, not that Tony is poor by any means. It's going forward that Evans really frustrates. You saw yesterday that he really has no feel for passing, touch, etc, etc. As I mentioned before, I can see why he gets game time to a certain extent. And to be honest both of them have had poor games lately although you could cut Evans a degree of slack yesterday as he was returning from an injury lay off.

Paul Gallacher has looked the best option at right back if you ask me. As for the LC, yep, you are spot on. Last Monday, Clydebank probably should've went through and Lok wouldn't have had too many complaints. On Wednesday, Kilsyth were well organised and competitive during the first half and the effort of those two games could explain away Lok's bluntness yesterday. Although you have to give credit to the Blasties for defending well.

Regardless, they'll need to dust themselves off and return to winning ways next Wednesday night against Rob Roy.

I left my house at 2pm to head to Beechwood the road was shut to Killie it took me 15 minutes to get to Springside from Dreggin managed to turn round and went hame

What was wrong?

You missed a decent game of football (a score that should've happened last week - we just took the chances we created this week)

What was wrong?

You missed a decent game of football (a score that should've happened last week - we just took the chances we created this week)
The road was shut between Dreggin and the other side of the Hospital it would have been the KO time before i got tae Crosshouse. Aye was watching twitter i knew the Talbot would win but 6-1. I'm going on Wednesday so go easy on my Grandson lol

Back