Edmundson and Helander

I've gotta say that the new players are settling in, the existing players are showing improvement and Steven Davis playing for Nor'n I'rn in the close season has paid divis wi his form.

This team have improved enormously since last season but I ain't getn carried away as its still a long trek to go.

Got great cover now in central defence ,big Katic fan but don't think he will be at his peak for another couple of seasons but very good just now ,Edmundson looks a Quality player just now ,Goldson a warrior and Helander not seen enough of him yet but what I have seen looks solid . Hoping SG gives 3 at the back another go in easier games ,think the way Edmundson carries the ball into midfield could be a great assert to us .
Great to think Edmundson (21) and Katic (22) will only get better.

Early days yet but what an upgrade these two look compared to mcauley and Worral , I’d be happy with and 2 of our 4 centre backs starting at this moment in time , especially impressed with edmundson who looks a solid cb for only 500k!
4 excellent central defenders and 2 terrific goalkeepers. Actually when you think about that, how strong the midfield is, the wide areas and our 2 top strikers, the difference the gaffer has made in 2 and a bit windows, from the Pedro/Murty season, is incredible. It means the pressure is on to deliver silverware. A trophyless season is simply not an option this time around.

Although there's loads of negative comments in our impartial mhedia about how Gerrard will find it impossible to keep a happy dressing room with so many players not getting any game time, I haven't noticed any such thing.
The principle of having two equally capable players for every position is working a treat as far as I can see.
Goldson and Katic have performed excellently so far but they've just been reminded that Helander and Edmundson are more than capable of taking their jerseys.
This is a great position to be in!
Correct.
Every top club on the planet has at least Two or Three players vying for their place in the starting Eleven and for a place on the bench.
Our mhedia are too thick and sinister to praise that.
They are playing mind-games to undermine SG and the squad to cause disruption and unrest.

Where is their in-depth views on the unreast at the glitter dome. We all know it is not well over there, but our useless corrupt and complicit media keep silent.
Sweep sweep is their default position when it comes to them.

4 excellent central defenders and 2 terrific goalkeepers. Actually when you think about that, how strong the midfield is, the wide areas and our 2 top strikers, the difference the gaffer has made in 2 and a bit windows, from the Pedro/Murty season, is incredible. It means the pressure is on to deliver silverware. A trophyless season is simply not an option this time around.

Very true. Gerrard inherited 5 players of worth: the exceptional Morelos and Tav (where he did luck out a bit), the very good Jack (who he has improved dramatically), and the reliable Wes and Candeias. That was all. In the entire squad.

In his first transfer window, he created an effective defence and got Kent. His midfield was weak.

In his second transfer window, he shored up midfield to make it functional and got Scotland’s second best striker so we were no longer a one man team up front.

From that base, he has now given us frightening strength in depth in defence and built a bloody fantastic midfield. We have exceptional strikers. Wide areas remain a work in progress but we have several players with great potential.

Many of our strongest players remain young.

Next window, i’d expect to see him focussing on wingbacks or on the wings of the current crop have yet to excel.

But the progress is astounding. I always new that we could improve incrementally but I expected it to take years, not 3 windows. We do now actually have 2 players for every position and our reserve squad was able to play yesterday without causing much concern. Imagine a reserve squad from a couple of years ago!

We have a lot to thank Gerrard and Allen for.

Is there an argument that when you do rotate for rotations sake that you rotate them in pairs. IE, allow Helander and Edmundson for example to mature as a partnership and bring them in, then when we swap it's Goldson and Katic. Of course.maybe it's Goldson and Helander as the pair and Edmundson and Katic as the other pair.

Helander has looked every inch a top quality international centre half the minutes I’ve seen him . Our most experienced of the 3 by some distance

He starts for me once fully up to speed which can’t be far off . Don’t know who he replaces though

Back