Looks like the Macau Loyal at the Hummel Centre

BoclairBear

Official Ticketer
Just driven along Auchenhowie Road and there's two fans there with a massive banner with a picture of The Gaffer punching the air and at the bottom the banner says " two fans from Macau "
Both with two framed Rangers strips with Gerrard on the back at their side also .
Hope the Gaffer has a wee word with them.Typically Asian though, being very respectful and standing well back from the entrance on the pavement.

The appointment of Gerrard was a commercial masterstroke.
As would the signing of a couple of good Asian players be. Celtic did very well commercially out of Nakamura. Japan produce a lot of good number 10 type players too.

The appointment of Gerrard was a commercial masterstroke.

Was it though?

How many strips do we sell around the world (and how much do the club get for them)?
How many punters around the world pay for Rangers TV because Gerrard is our manager?
I'd wager not many.

While his appointment may have raised the profile of the club worldwide, i seriously doubt it has had much of a commercial impact.

The only financial benefit I can see to appointing Gerrard is progression of the team (ie making money from Europa group stages, improving players to increase their value etc).

Was it though?

How many strips do we sell around the world (and how much do the club get for them)?
How many punters around the world pay for Rangers TV because Gerrard is our manager?
I'd wager not many.

While his appointment may have raised the profile of the club worldwide, i seriously doubt it has had much of a commercial impact.

The only financial benefit I can see to appointing Gerrard is progression of the team (ie making money from Europa group stages, improving players to increase their value etc).
And raised the profile of liverpool gin

As would the signing of a couple of good Asian players be. Celtic did very well commercially out of Nakamura. Japan produce a lot of good number 10 type players too.
Did they.thought that nakamura owned his image rights.maybe wrong on this but I,m pretty sure that they didn,t do very well commercially out of him.

Was it though?

I'd wager not many.

I think yourself and others make a good point, it doesn't seem like we have capitalised on this anywhere near as much as we could.

I couldn't tell you the figures on merch but if its hard to come by here I imagine it's nigh on impossible to get legitimately in SE Asia.

If we didn't have to play 8 qualifying games I think there could be scope to do a pre-season somewhere far flung and exotic, a la every EPL team, to introduce the squad and Gerrard to a new huge market.

But as someone else points out Gerrard branded products would be a good start in the short term.

It should be but have you heard anything about how this is being exploited? Or Alfie in Colombia, Polster in the US, Helander in Sweden, etc. etc.
I haven't.
Agree with the sentiment but I'm not sure any of our squad have a big enough profile (yet) to be consideded viable commercial opportunities abroad. How well known is Alfie in Colombia right now?

Gerrard is very careful about his own brand. I doubt he’d approve of us churning out tacky merch featuring him.

You're right this is a showstopper.
Wait, I think I've cracked it, stick with me here, I know this is difficult to wrap your head round but ........... could we, perhaps ........ produce quality merchandise? Why you looking at me like that?
Jesus wept.

Did they.thought that nakamura owned his image rights.maybe wrong on this but I,m pretty sure that they didn,t do very well commercially out of him.
I remember someone on here who lived in Japan saying Nakamura put them on the map over there.

Agree with the sentiment but I'm not sure any of our squad have a big enough profile (yet) to be consideded viable commercial opportunities abroad. How well known is Alfie in Colombia right now?

Mk, I've no idea but I do know there's a decent story around Alfie. Maybe our directors could be proactive here and take a lead. I'm not in marketing but how about a video - 'The Alfredo Morelos Story'or 'El Buffalo' in Spanish? Find a promoter in Colombia, get it seen. Next time he's called up, exploit the opportunity. Alfie would love it, it'd help boost his profile and ultimately would increase the return on any investment.

Mk, I've no idea but I do know there's a decent story around Alfie. Maybe our directors could be proactive here and take a lead. I'm not in marketing but how about a video - 'The Alfredo Morelos Story'or 'El Buffalo' in Spanish? Find a promoter in Colombia, get it seen. Next time he's called up, exploit the opportunity. Alfie would love it, it'd help boost his profile and ultimately would increase the return on any investment.
We did that. It was called 'Soy Alfredo' and came out the same week he was sent off at the Piggery.

I remember someone on here who lived in Japan saying Nakamura put them on the map over there.

People would have you believe that they made a fortune out of their Korean and Chinese signings as well. Absolute codswallop.

Back