Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Load of guesswork. Nighty night, nighty night.

source.gif

Could you see a loan with an option to buy happening?

If there was any way a loan was possible, it would have happened by now. People probably need to stop thinking “ahh but he’s wasted in Liverpool’s development squad and it doesn’t make sense”

They owe us fuck all and can do what they want and have consistently said he won’t be loaned out.

Ryan Kent hopes to force through a return to Rangers despite the proposed move being blocked by Jurgen Klopp.

Record Sport understands the 22-year-old is set to dig in his heels and plead to be allowed to leave Liverpool on another season-long loan as the clock ticks down to the end of the transfer window in less than two weeks’ time.
Sources close to the player insist he is ready to down tools in an attempt to make Klopp change his mind after the German ruled out any chance of the winger being allowed to leave Merseyside on another short-term deal.
And those threats have coincided with Kent mysteriously missing from action when Liverpool’s Under-23s went down to a 3-0 defeat against Chelsea’s young guns at Stamford Bridge on Monday night.
It’s understood Kent - a starter in the opening match of the season against Spurs - is fully fit despite dropping out of the squad completely.

Jurgen Klopp wants to block any loan move (Image: Action Plus via Getty Images)
And Rangers have remained in discussions with the Champions League winners throughout the summer in the hope of engineering a deal even though they can’t come up with the cash to match the price Klopp has placed on the player’s head.

Liverpool hope to rake in around £7million for the attacker who was crowned Scotland’s young player of the year after a 12-month loan spell under Steven Gerrard last season.
But, while Gerrard can’t get close to that fee this summer, Rangers believe a compromise deal may yet be struck which would see Kent return to the club on an initial loan with a view to a permanent deal being agreed at the end of the current campaign.

A source close to the talks said: “When the English window closed without Ryan moving on, Rangers realised they may still have a chance of doing a deal but that they would have to creative in order to make it happen.
“Klopp has ruled out another straightforward loan but Rangers hope the additional clause, which would turn it into a permanent move at a future date, might help swing the deal in their favour.
“Ryan knows he’ll have to do everything he can to help make it happen and it seems that’s exactly what he is trying to do. The current situation suits no-one. It’s going down to the wire now but there is still time to push it through.”

Wanking away furiously at the Kent is coming home prospect then got an instant floppy when I read it might be Brophy:(

If Kent isn't part of Klopp's plans then I really don't see how it benefits Liverpool to keep an unhappy player at the club.

Loaning him to us with the option to buy next year would be the obvious choice.
This is the bit about it all that makes no sense. It’s obvious that Kent will not be of the level Liverpool require should Sadio Mané be out injured. That said, Liverpool are short of left-sided attacking talent, were Mané out, which makes their lack of transfer activity baffling.

Why is this news, though? Complete guesswork or from any sources? Seems unlikely that it would be entirely guesswork.

We can all see this happening at some point soon so no idea why it wouldn't be feasible.

If there was any way a loan was possible, it would have happened by now. People really need to stop thinking “ahh but he’s wasted in Liverpool’s development squad and it doesn’t make sense”

They owe us fuck all and can do what they want and have consistently said he won’t be loaned out.

They clearly want to sell him. We get that. And it's likely that only English clubs will have the budget to pay what Liverpool are demanding.

But how exactly does letting him rot in Liverpool's U23s increase his value? Wouldn't another season at Rangers - playing in the Europa League and potentially winning silverware - make him more attractive to teams down south come next summer?

If they didn't get the kind of bid they were looking for this summer, then it's hard to work out how they'll get it next year if they won't let him play football on loan somewhere else.

If Kent isn't part of Klopp's plans then I really don't see how it benefits Liverpool to keep an unhappy player at the club.

Loaning him to us with the option to buy next year would be the obvious choice.
This is what I don’t get. Not even playing for their u23s does nothing for his development and certainly won’t do anything for his value if they want a fee. Loaning him to us for another season where he’s almost guaranteed to shine and (hopefully) allow him to play in Europe seems the logical choice. Not sure how keeping him at Liverpool benefits any of the 3 parties.

If he was downing tools I'd say there would be absolutely no chance of a move. Liverpool wouldn't put up with that as it would just encourage bigger names at the club to act the james hunt.

This is what I don’t get. Not even playing for their u23s does nothing for his development and certainly won’t do anything for his value if they want a fee. Loaning him to us for another season where he’s almost guaranteed to shine and (hopefully) allow him to play in Europe seems the logical choice. Not sure how keeping him at Liverpool benefits any of the 3 parties.

It just seems to be a case of Klopp not wishing to lose face given that he vowed Kent wouldn't be loaned out again.

Pretty sad if true. I thought Klopp was better than that.

Nobody wins under the current scenario.

Does Klopp really care about this? He has binned Kent from the first team, whether he downs tools or not, cant see Klopp giving any fucks anytime soon.
I reckon the money men, football director (do they have one???) etc might be keen to move him on, preferably with a fee. I'm getting to the point I just want him to sign for us or someone else as it's just dragging on.

The other thing is, Liverpool play in a different planet to us financially.

Let's say they want £10 million for Kent. And let's say we're offering them £2.5 million now and the same again next summer. That leaves them £5 million short of the asking price.

But what is £5 million to a club like Liverpool anyway? Think of the TV and prize money they would have earned by winning the CL last season. They're obviously in the group stages again this season. We're talking tens of millions of pounds right there before they've even kicked a ball in Europe this season. Then you have the EPL TV money on top of that.

If we were talking about a player valued at £100 million whom some club we're trying to get for half of that, I could understand Klopp's stubbornness. But not over this.

If there was any way a loan was possible, it would have happened by now. People probably need to stop thinking “ahh but he’s wasted in Liverpool’s development squad and it doesn’t make sense”

Bit harsh. He would be a waste in their unders. Been good few years since the mentally challengeds feared one of our players.

Get him back I say!

It just seems to be a case of Klopp not wishing to lose face given that he vowed Kent wouldn't be loaned out again.

Pretty sad if true. I thought Klopp was better than that.

Nobody wins under the current scenario.
Klopp isn’t like that. He wouldn’t do it to prove a point. There are numerous examples of when he has changed his mind.

He said he wouldn’t sell Coutinho but eventually did. He said he would go with Karius post-Kiev and then after a pre-season error, bought Alisson and loaned him out. He didn’t want to let Clyne go or Klavan but he did to give them gametime.

If Klopp thinks it’s for Liverpool’s benefit, he will loan us the player.

Don’t see how this benefits Liverpool. Other young players are going to look at the way Kent’s been treated and factor it into whether they want to go there.

In reality this is between Liverpool and their player. And Kent isn't a big enough name to hold them to ransom by downing tools.

The thing is, its entirely plausible this could happen. Plenty of us said it on the mega thread. It's not an exclusive though, it's pure speculation. Jackson is a fucking turd.

There does seem to have been a bit more chatter about this today than in other days though. For all that we dislike the record and that they have few sources at Ibrox, it would be a slightly weird story to run with absolutely nothing but conjecture behind it. It could, of course, have just been promoted by the pics of him visiting his bird.

I also really struggle to understand why Liverpool would sanction a ‘loan with option to buy’ deal. It kind of made sense with Murphy and Cummings (wasn’t it?) as their clubs actively wanted rid of them and to get them off the wage bill. No one else was coming in so getting us to take the wage on loan with an option to buy when we had the cash made sense. With Kent, Liverpool have no great compunction to sell him to us and a successful season with us - progress in Europa and/or beating Celtic - is quite possible and could easily see him reach fees that we cannot afford.

The only thing that I could see making sense would be for Liverpool to essentially split the difference and accept that they won’t actually get £10mill even if he has a good season for us (which would seem weird given Celtic get more than that for dross) and so have agreed to sell to us for £7mill accepting that as a fair price. That would seem poor for both them - as they could realistically get more in England - and us as that would be all of next season’s transfer budget.

Seems very weird. Either loan him to us or arrange some weird sale to us at an affordable fee with a cheap buyback clause and huge sell on %.

Read page 1, got excited, jumped to page 4, gone limp
Awe well, he would only be warming the bench anyway

Don’t see how this benefits Liverpool. Other young players are going to look at the way Kent’s been treated and factor it into whether they want to go there.
Liverpool try to develop players for the first team squad. The young players will take more of a look at TAA or Rhian Brewster than Ryan Kent.

For those saying he could just down tools and force Liverpools hand, what happens then if Ojo goes back after having a good loan spell and ends up in a similar position to Kent and he also downed tools, would Liverpool then perhaps think twice about loaning us anymore players ?

I reckon if Kent had played for another English club on loan and won English young player of the year, clubs would have shown more interest and most likely put bids in for him and he'd be sold, perhaps it's the usual ignorance from the English thinking he looked good up in Scotland because they think our football is pish and wouldn't have done better against the mighty world of English football.

Don't know what that stories about,but looks like typical tabloid story to me. I want rangers to keep good relations with Liverpool and i doubt Gerrard would be impressed with Kent if there was any truth in this.

The other thing is, Liverpool play in a different planet to us financially.

Let's say they want £10 million for Kent. And let's say we're offering them £2.5 million now and the same again next summer. That leaves them £5 million short of the asking price.

But what is £5 million to a club like Liverpool anyway? Think of the TV and prize money they would have earned by winning the CL last season. They're obviously in the group stages again this season. We're talking tens of millions of pounds right there before they've even kicked a ball in Europe this season. Then you have the EPL TV money on top of that.

If we were talking about a player valued at £100 million whom some club we're trying to get for half of that, I could understand Klopp's stubbornness. But not over this.

You've got to think too that we'd offset things with a big sell on percentage-which if he perform well would easily get them to that 8 or 10million that they are asking for evening if we were to only offer 5million between now and next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back