Jason Holt wanted by St Johnstone on loan

Sun reporting it he'd do a turn for them I reckon
SAINTS KEEN
Jason Holt wanted by St Johnstone as Tommy Wright eyes Rangers man on loan

EXCLUSIVE

By Colin Duncan

21st August 2019, 6:06 pm

ADD COMMENT

ST JOHNSTONE want to hand Jason Holt a route out of Rangers.

McDiarmid Park boss Tommy Wright is keen to tie up the 26-year-old midfielder on loan for the season.

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Saints want to offer Holt an escape route from Rangers

Holt is back at Ibrox following a spell with Joey Barton’s Fleetwood last term but won’t play for Steven Gerrard’s side.
The ex-Hearts man joined Rangers in 2016 and has another 12 months left to run on his deal.
Saints are desperate to add new faces to the squad before the transfer window closes next month. And Wright has targeted Holt as an experienced midfield man who can boost his side this season.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1566407359

Decent enough move for him until his deal runs out.

Does anybody have an idea of what Holt makes a week? As I’m sure
St Johnstone wouldn’t be able to cover much wage wise

At this point in time any deal that helps to reduce our wage bill is worth considering.

It must be tough for guys like Holt though - a good honest pro who’s never let anyone down - to see what Gerrard is building but knowing there’s nothing he can do to play a part in it.

I hope he finds another club.

I liked Holt as a midfielder, he's just not the quality we need to win the league. He will have a successful career of that I'm sure

Honest wee grafter but probably got a good wage rise when Warburton extended his & Halliday’s deals til 2020. No chance will St Johnstone be able to match that.

Hes a good player and would do a job for the rest of the teams in the league. His wages can't be much either. I was hoping we'd be able to get him off the wages permanently without a pay off.

At least Gregco has trained us for finding Jason Holt.

I genuiely haven't seen him in any pictures etc. Has he been told to train with the kids or what?

We should be trying to sell him, even for £100k. That's cash to develop a couple of youngsters.
Unfortunately I highly doubt anyone would buy him tbh even at that price. St Johnstone probably the upper limit of where he'd go to next and they don't pay for players.

Hopefully he goes there and does well. A good guy that should have a footballing home.

That would be a good move for both clubs and the player.

Although I still have a dislike for us helping any of the teams who voted us out the top league in 2012.

Be a smashing signing for any tip flight side outside them and us. McPake to Dundee seems to have got widespread positive reactions and would be happy for a Holt to go there, if he fancied the drop

Back