QPR - time for plan A, but better.

Anybody watching Stoke game? Alec Neil's Preston started well

Sorry if looks like trying to derail thread op

I remember a gobshite on Twatter - Rangers Bants (LOL), or something, being a massive cheerleader for Warbs getting the Rangers gig. He knows a thing or two.:D

Was it a goal from a set piece?

To be fair QPR nearly got relegated last year so 18th would almost be (very slight) improvement.

I’m watching Leeds game and Brentford matching them all the way , unlucky not to be a goal up as they hit the post .

Hope he does well.

Helped restructure our youth department which is now flourishing. Made some very astute signings in his first year, one being our current captain. Finally got us out the Championship.

Wasn’t good enough in the Premiership but was a hell of a lot better than Murty & Caixinha, with a much, much smaller budget.

Good luck to him.

I remember a gobshite on Twatter - Rangers Bants (LOL), or something, being a massive cheerleader for Warbs getting the Rangers gig. He knows a thing or two.:D
Didn’t he used to post on here(well the old board) he was pals with Middlesbrough players?

In 20 years time the only thing I’ll remember about MW is the “pitch geography” line.

remember seeing a warburtons lorry pass Ibrox when he first signed and thought it was brilliant. im a sad bastard.

I won’t lie, I thought we’d actually won a watch when we got him.

He was, or appeared to be, an actual football manager post-Super.
Fair play to you. I was ho-hum about his appointment, then "here we go!" at the beginning, quickly followed by "awww FFS".

Was it a goal from a set piece?

To be fair QPR nearly got relegated last year so 18th would almost be (very slight) improvement.

He doesnt have the players, the budget or the expectations of taking qpr out the championship so hes probably doing whats expected of him, no worse and no less.

Wasnt right for us at the end up however i wish him all the best.

Fair play to you. I was ho-hum about his appointment, then "here we go!" at the beginning, quickly followed by "awww FFS".

I think I was just worn down by the Super years - endless interviews about X player being “a smashing big/wee lad” and photos of clowning around on the training park.

I just wanted someone in who was an actual manager, something McCoist hadn’t struck me as from day 1. MW appeared to fit the bill.

To be fair to him I think if it wasn’t for the nonsense in the buildup to and surrounding his departure, we’d be inclined to look a bit more kindly on him. He did do some good stuff for us and was better than both his predecessor and.successor.

I’m watching Charlton v Forest. Charlton look slick but Forest are atrocious. They’ve a payer called Semedo - I can’t recall seeing worse at this level, can’t do anything. Must be a horrible team to support - haven’t had a manager complete a season in 10 years (Billy cocksplash Davies!) and this one will be no different.

Back