Fans Attending Legia Warsaw vs Rangers

Yep, they're doing the right thing. No point being shitebags just incase something happens.

Have to say though it does make me laugh when you see guys on here adamant that Rangers fans who at best have been in a few street brawls could take a mob of MMA trained Polish psychos in a scrap. That would be a big wake up call for anyone.

These 3 lads haven't missed a European game for as long as I can remember, including Ufa last season.

Older lads, but although they can all look after themselves, they're far more interested in enjoying themselves, pre and post match and mixing with the locals, particularly the female variety. :))

These 3 lads haven't missed a European game for as long as I can remember, including Ufa last season.

Older lads, but although they can all look after themselves, they're far more interested in enjoying themselves, pre and post match and mixing with the locals, particularly the female variety. :))
Hopefully we don’t see your Clarkston flag or my Polmont flag upside down or words will be needed :))

I'm sure there would be a few who would be willing but you only have to look what happened to the English fans when a few hundred Russian ultras went looking for it. Yes they are fannies for wanting to fight normal supporters but they are every bit as dangerous as the Russians. Really hope everyone comes back okay as it's as dodgy as it gets imo.

The Russians had a plan and the England fans had no idea who they were - the fans were just "scarfer" guys drinking. Some fans also thought they were plain clothed policemen. It wasn't a battle and it's no barmoter of respective "firms" etc. However, Rangers fans must be wary on a few counts. I remember in Bratislava Rangers fans being allowed to run flags up flagpoles and put them on statues only be be charged £300 for it by the cops! Also Rangers fans being put in a van by army guys at CSKA Moscow for nothing and released after paying a "fine". Likewise, the Russian militia were selling vodka to all the fans in and out of the ground and if you din't have any, you were arrested!

It's hard to trust anybody when you are a drunk guy with a football top on in a Central or Eastern European city.

People are over reacting slightly.

Even if their Ultras do have a pop at us I wouldn't take it personally, every big team/support visiting them will get the same treatment.

If anything it's a compliment as they obviosuly see us as a big scalp.

I don't think there is anything to worry about if everyone takes it fairly steady in the city centre area and cracks on with things sporting a smile. I'm sure the guys out there this evening will attest to that. Most of central Warsaw is a giant business district, lots of money in the city, and everyone under 40 speaks decent English.

There's no established rivalry between the clubs so chances are - like everywhere - any trouble in the centre will just be a random wide-o having a go looking for some street cred rather than their hools group.

Without getting into it, a few of the hooligan factions are on the payroll of the local 'associations' that run the many pubs - and they'd much rather have pub tills ringing than a busy fan zone. Money still talks in Poland.

On a side note - a Legia faction called the Teddy Boys '95 (TB95) used to have strong ties to both Rangers and the Chelsea in the 90's. They now exert a lot of influence in the Legia stands and I'm certain they will keep things in order on their side out of respect for old alliances.

My only strong recommendations are to avoid heading East over the river in the evening as there are very large housing schemes that are far from welcoming - even for locals - and to avoid the north side of the stadium on match day.

I can’t be the only one who finds it hard to believe that you can’t visit one of Europe’s major capital cities for a football match, spend the day looking round the city, have a few beers and then go along to the game without the threat of being attacked? If Warsaw is that unsafe then surely UEFA should be threatening Legia with banning them from European competitions rather than spending all their time worrying about what’s being sung?

If we are to be treated like this going over there then I will be furious if next week I see Legia fans roaming about down PRW next week!

Got to say mate I agree 100% organised hooligan gangs threatening people? Thank goodness I’m not going. They should not be participating in the tournament.

The Russians had a plan and the England fans had no idea who they were - the fans were just "scarfer" guys drinking. Some fans also thought they were plain clothed policemen. It wasn't a battle and it's no barmoter of respective "firms" etc. However, Rangers fans must be wary on a few counts. I remember in Bratislava Rangers fans being allowed to run flags up flagpoles and put them on statues only be be charged £300 for it by the cops! Also Rangers fans being put in a van by army guys at CSKA Moscow for nothing and released after paying a "fine". Likewise, the Russian militia were selling vodka to all the fans in and out of the ground and if you din't have any, you were arrested!

It's hard to trust anybody when you are a drunk guy with a football top on in a Central or Eastern European city.

I would say just about every one of our fans will be scarcer fans just enjoying themselves. We dont know if their ultras have a "plan" or not. It's a high risk tie no doubt about it I just hope it's a lot of worry about nothing. The atmosphere will be electric that's for sure.

I wouldn't worry about the police over there. I was in Krakow a few years ago and there was a scrap in a bar. The police went out their way to make sure we were all ok. One thing that stuck with me was the size of them over there. Absolute units.

I can’t be the only one who finds it hard to believe that you can’t visit one of Europe’s major capital cities for a football match, spend the day looking round the city, have a few beers and then go along to the game without the threat of being attacked? If Warsaw is that unsafe then surely UEFA should be threatening Legia with banning them from European competitions rather than spending all their time worrying about what’s being sung?

If we are to be treated like this going over there then I will be furious if next week I see Legia fans roaming about down PRW next week!
You going to come out with the boys next Thursday then mate?

Got to say mate I agree 100% organised hooligan gangs threatening people? Thank goodness I’m not going. They should not be participating in the tournament.
What is even going on here hahaha they shouldnt be participating because they have some ultras haha going by that logic would be about 3 teams left.

Yep, they're doing the right thing. No point being shitebags just incase something happens.

Have to say though it does make me laugh when you see guys on here adamant that Rangers fans who at best have been in a few street brawls could take a mob of MMA trained Polish psychos in a scrap. That would be a big wake up call for anyone.
Osijek weirdos all appeared with their gum shields, MMA gloves and Muay Thai shorts aswell and what happened?

Can we please have a thread about Warsaw without the hysteria.

Osijek weirdos all appeared with their gum shields, MMA gloves and Muay Thai shorts aswell and what happened?

Im not being hysterical, quite the opposite actually lol

I find the hysterical people equally as funny as the plastic hardmen who think because "we urr Rangers" you'll have no problems against people who can actually fight.

Chinese whispers

I remember the story flying about here when in moscow last year about the union jack pub being attacked. The reality - one silly wee boy kicked off and got a slap and was all over in under 2 minutes.

Twitter is the worst give it an hour and folk will think there are armies of thugs out battering anyone who looks scottish!

Going to follow there team in europe

Ticket-check
MMA gloves-check
Gum shields-check
Poofy shorts and poofy clothes-check
Flares stuck up there holes-check
Arses handed to you by a squad of bears -check

Chinese whispers

I remember the story flying about here when in moscow last year about the union jack pub being attacked. The reality - one silly wee boy kicked off and got a slap and was all over in under 2 minutes.

Twitter is the worst give it an hour and folk will think there are armies of thugs out battering anyone who looks scottish!
Well the same was said over here, when a group of Osijek lads were marching up PRW and it was passed of as shite and everyone was slating the OP.

Then 15 mins later mayhem unfolded.

Well the same was said over here, when a group of Osijek lads were marching up PRW and it was passed of as shite and everyone was slating the OP.

Then 15 mins later mayhem unfolded.

Difference is that source there is a ticket selling page passing on 3rd or 4th hand info no doubt and who are probably nowhere near warsaw right now.

“MMA trained polish psychos” everything I’ve seen they look like fat kitchen fitting nonces who wave some pyro about and do good tifos.

Ive seen plenty of fat kitchen fitting looking nonces give people leatherings in MMA gyms. I look forward to seeing you displayed upside down from Legia's upper tier tomorrow night :D:D

Jk pal, if you happen to be at the game im sure it will pass by without incident, and i dont think Rangers fans are mugs by any means. The only people that need to worry are groups of old folk displaying flags in the city.

Virtually everyone in Ufa was in the Sheraton.

If that was the case no one would be left in the tournament, nearly every team has hooligans.

Including ourselves.

They absolutely do take it more seriously east of the old iron curtain though. I’ve seen programs about Dynamo Kiev ultras training to fight the Russians when they annexed Odessa. It’s bonkers.

Whereas most guys in the UK who talk about “firms” and what not are now seen as tragic figures and rightly so.

I think a few older boys on here get titilated at the prospect of things getting “propa norty”.

I concur and was in Istanbul both times and never felt threatened once.

The opposite actually.

Rotterdam was like the Wild West.

I was in with the Feyenoord fans but I was so drunk they let me bounce about and talk pish. I believe they thought I had a real problem.

When we went to Athens for the Nacho Novo winner game about 300 "Gate 13 Maniacs" had gathered outside the airport and absolutely shat themselves when we came out because they had held us up and about 4 planes came through together. The first 100 guys through averaged about 20 stone and were desperate for vodka. Not just that a lot of us had the red vertical away stripe on which was Olympiakos (police and army team) and loads were running for the toilets because we had been made to wait so the 5 foot 2 Ultras absolutely scarpered. I had been at the Thessoloniki game and we knew they would throw fireworks at us but at that game we batted them back and they shat it. It was the game they said we were the fattest team in Europe but by feck did we hold our own!!

Sorry I hadn’t realised you had replied to me directly, as @OohAhHuistra said it can be very easy to make things pretty uneasy for them if we wanted to.

This lot are saying it’s unsafe for us to wear colours etc in the city In lead up to the game, It should be exactly the same for them, then punt them into the furthest away point in a fanzone in bellahouston park surrounded by loads of polis bussed to the ground and back there after the game.

It’s not hard really.
Glesga Green would be better.

I don't think there is anything to worry about if everyone takes it fairly steady in the city centre area and cracks on with things sporting a smile. I'm sure the guys out there this evening will attest to that. Most of central Warsaw is a giant business district, lots of money in the city, and everyone under 40 speaks decent English.

There's no established rivalry between the clubs so chances are - like everywhere - any trouble in the centre will just be a random wide-o having a go looking for some street cred rather than their hools group.

Without getting into it, a few of the hooligan factions are on the payroll of the local 'associations' that run the many pubs - and they'd much rather have pub tills ringing than a busy fan zone. Money still talks in Poland.

On a side note - a Legia faction called the Teddy Boys '95 (TB95) used to have strong ties to both Rangers and the Chelsea in the 90's. They now exert a lot of influence in the Legia stands and I'm certain they will keep things in order on their side out of respect for old alliances.

My only strong recommendations are to avoid heading East over the river in the evening as there are very large housing schemes that are far from welcoming - even for locals - and to avoid the north side of the stadium on match day.
Great post e having a go at fans that are not up for a fight. They prefer a ruck with like minded opposition.. they

I cant believe what im reading on here,have rangers fans turned soft..this is a support in the past that travelled to DUBLIN at the height of the troubles...belgrade when it was kicking off in the Balkans ffs am pretty sure easter rd was a tad more sinister n the 80s yet we have fans with wee praying emojis saying stay safe ... ffs when did we become scared of a few wannabe failed mma roid filled muppets...
I despair for our support at times

I cant believe what im reading on here,have rangers fans turned soft..this is a support in the past that travelled to DUBLIN at the height of the troubles...belgrade when it was kicking off in the Balkans ffs am pretty sure easter rd was a tad more sinister n the 80s yet we have fans with wee praying emojis saying stay safe ... ffs when did we become scared of a few wannabe failed mma roid filled muppets...

Millenials

There was a thread on here yesterday asking if the Rangers support had hardened!

Back