Jim Craig criticises 'the poor state inside of Ibrox'

SDF

But after taking in a game against Rangers in Govan last term, the 74-year-old said he was surprised at the stadium’s poor condition as he bemoaned the lack of competition in Scotland.

“Even our traditional rivals from across the city are not in the best of financial health and I was really surprised at the poor state inside of Ibrox when I attended one of the derbies last season."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1836226/celtic-jim-craig-rangers-Ibrox/

That whole article is absolutely dreadful. But, nothing worse than expected from "internet browser" Robert Collins.............he basically lifts all things from the internet.

CLub has been through turmoil for a while now so excuse us if we didnt have time to keep up the standards inside Ibrox. We will sort it once we are back on top WATP

Haven't been inside parkhead for over 20 years so can't comment on the state of the inside of it. I can imagine it doesn't smell to good.

What I can comment on is the architectural monstrosity that makes up what you can see when driving past. It's a fucking blot on the landscape and how it passed any proper planning committee when it was built is a mystery.

Who is Jim Craig? I was Born in 1982 and have never heard of him before now really, why should I care what an ex poet has to say about Ibrox? I get the long term game they are playing here but why him was he good? Least it doesn't need supports to stop it falling down when not full of beasts to be fair.

Maybe Glasgow City Council can give us a few upgrades or sell us some land for next to nothing, as for competition I agree so I take it Craig agrees their run and titles won count for not a lot then.

Haven't been inside parkhead for over 20 years so can't comment on the state of the inside of it. I can imagine it doesn't smell to good.

What I can comment on is the architectural monstrosity that makes up what you can see when driving past. It's a fucking blot on the landscape and how it passed any proper planning committee when it was built is a mystery.
and you dont need go in to smell the stench either

Celtic are being sued for a death their stadium is being questioned about safety and quite right a shit house and this little deflection beauty will be ate up by the Rangers hating press mmmmmm.

Can't wait to see the club's take on this attack as it could have an effect on sales re hospitality.

Last edited:

Last time I was in there was a few years back with that cup replay. It's basically a concrete shithole with pretty average facilities.

Then again, Ibrox doesn't seem to get money from the council to upgrade it's facilities so we need to pay everything ourselves. It's still by far the better ground from the 2.

If we got the backing from GCC that they got, Ibrox would be pristine .

It's true our stadium needs possibly 3-4 million spent on it, however we still have a proper iconic bear pit of a stadium with a feel to it the Yahoos could only dream of .

Quite what it's got to do with jim Craig , I've no idea.

I hate to say it, but I was at a wedding 2 weeks ago in Ibrox, and the corridors, oak panelling and doors are very scruffy. It wouldn't take much to refurbish that, but at least we don't have people getting slashed in hospitality or falling to their deaths over barriers.

Who is Jim Craig? I was Born in 1982 and have never heard of him before now really, why should I care what an ex poet has to say about Ibrox? I get the long term game they are playing here but why him was he good? Least it doesn't need supports to stop it falling down when not full of beasts to be fair.

All you need to know is he is a better dentist than footballer, although when you see him you could mistake that his own nashers were lifted from the dead corpse of shergar.

Oh,and he is a paedo harbouring old lady's front bottom to boot.

I assume he was part of the official party and would enter through the main door. Up the staircase and into the blue room. The up into Directors box. Unless I hear to the contrary I'll file this under pish.

Why not say anything after the game it was in September it's now mid November and he has found his voice ffs it's a deflection from the fact they are being sued our club must call this old asshole out send a camera crew round to his house see if he is so willing to let them in and see his pished stained couch.

We didn't get preferential treatment from the local council to tart up the ground and surroundings on the back of a Commonwealth Games gig. Nor have we had the misfortune to have someone die after attending a game at the stadium - perhaps because we took time to design and develop our facility instead of throwing it up ASAP. Perhaps he's narked because he didn't get copious amounts of complimentary booze at said game?

Jim Craig was known for scoring goals for Rangers against Celtic in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

That's just it, it wasn't a proper planning committee it was Glasgow council.
It's not difficult to work it out.

It's yet another small part of their propaganda process. They constantly drip feed bad press regarding us and highlight/exaggerate anything remotely positive about them. Its a form of brainwashing and the Scottish media are wholly compliant.

The piggery is a fuckin midden.

I had the misfortune to be convinced to attend the Scotland RoI match at the piggery and had the particular joy of sitting in the BJK stand.

An absolute midden. Breezeblock dump with shitey green paint daubed everywhere. It's shite.

Have to admit, though, that the tims are really well marshalled behind the scenes.

Every single one of them precisely on message every single issue that affects them.

I hate saying it, but we could do with learning something from them about unity and supporting each other.

Celtic are being sued for a death their stadium is being questioned about safety and quite right a shit house and this little deflection beauty will be ate up by the Rangers hating press mmmmmm.

Can't wait to see the club's take on this attack as it could have an effect on sales re hospitality.

Imagine that we were geting investigated for a death in our stadium the mentally challenged bloggers would be in overdrive trying to get Ibrox shut down

Beat me to it .I couldn't believe it when I read this article an ex Celtic player criticising the state of Ibrox on a week when the headlines at the weekend were about some poor guy's family suing Celtic over his death in an accident at their stadium

This eejit seems to be the new mouth piece from inside the piggery.I wonder if he has ever walked through his own clubs midden.
It's been a shithole from the day it was refurbished on the cheap.

Last edited:
The piggery is a fuckin midden.

I had the misfortune to be convinced to attend the Scotland RoI match at the piggery and had the particular joy of sitting in the BJK stand.

An absolute midden. Breezeblock dump with shitey green paint daubed everywhere. It's shite.

Hard to call it misfortune if you went yourself of your own free will but I agree re your comments on it as a ‘stadium.’

Have to admit, though, that the tims are really well marshalled behind the scenes.

Every single one of them precisely on message every single issue that affects them.

I hate saying it, but we could do with learning something from them about unity and supporting each other.
%^*& that. Playing the poor me/victim card at every turn.There is nothing I care to learn from any of the cants.Are we not better than that?

Back