Just wait for Part 2 from the SPL

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
This was always going to happen - 100% - when we looked even remotely capable of catching the Filth or being a 'normal club' again.

Who on here genuinely believes we won't see a swift move to 'strict liability' (actually not swift and planned for some time) which sees us docked points etc? If you do believe this isn't on its way then I have some magic beans for sale.

FARE didn't bother in 4 years in lower leagues and 2 crap seasons in SPL....we're quite good again?

They ALL hate us: Scum FC, media, politicians, nationalists, smarmy 'woke' opinion formers...and most openly see us a huge part of the brick wall of defending the Union.

They want us crushed.

This was always going to happen - 100% - when we looked even remotely capable of catching the Filth or being a 'normal club' again.

Who on here genuinely believes we won't see a swift move to 'struct liability' (actually not swift and planned for some time) which sees us docked points etc? If you do believe this isn't on its way then I have some magic beans for sale.

FARE didn't bother in 4 years in lower leagues and 2 crap seasons in SPL....we're quite good again?

They ALL hate us: Scum FC, media, politicians, nationalists, smarmy 'woke' opinion formers...and most openly see us a huge part of the brick wall of defending the Union.

They want us crushed.
Agreed; and grossly unfair as it is, we need to stop making it easy for them to do so.

Who on here genuinely believes we won't see a swift move to 'struct liability' (actually not swift and planned for some time) which sees us docked points etc? If you do believe this isn't on its way then I have some magic beans for sale.

They want us crushed.
All of this is true.

However if we give them the ammo then it makes it very difficult for us to defend ourselves.

Separate issue. I personally would get UB together and say "One more rendition and you're being disbanded" but that won't stop people coming after us. They're NOT BOTHERED about the song and aren't offended at all....they want us closed down.

I know all that, too. What do you suggest?

Those who think dropping one song we barely sing any more is going to appease these zealots are naive in the extreme.

This is a concerted attempt to derail us. Why are we only hearing about a punishment from the St Joseph’s game now?
It's not one song though and we.all know it. When do you ever go to Ibrox and not hear these words as part of the regular song book....
19th Century Terrorist Bassa, IRA, Bobby Sands, %^*& the Pope
There is no need, half our team are now Catholic, who gives a feck about Bobby Sands, we keep the cretins memory alive by constantly singing his name.
There are plenty of good Rangers songs that can be sung without issue.

I know all that, too. What do you suggest?

We'd need time...for too many years the club has retreated, and surrendered, making any fight now all but impossible. Also UEFA are opaque and don't explain decision. They can't be reasoned with.

I am 99% sure that simply dropping TBB won't make this go away though....so the 'simple solution' is to me far from simple.

Those who think dropping one song we barely sing any more is going to appease these zealots are naive in the extreme.

This is a concerted attempt to derail us. Why are we only hearing about a punishment from the St Joseph’s game now?

Are you going to Ibrox on Thursday? If you are will you sing either TBB or Super Rangers?

Who on here genuinely believes we won't see a swift move to 'strict liability' (actually not swift and planned for some time) which sees us docked points etc? If you do believe this isn't on its way then I have some magic beans for sale.

They want us crushed.

Are you getting paid commission for using this "woke" patter?

Yeah, but just stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists.

This isn't about the club Earl, it always comes back to a personal feeling of loss for you. Times change, everyone at some point has to face that things may be different and you might not always like it - be an adult and deal with it.
Very true, and in fairness I've never hidden that football is just a part of my Rangers Story. In fact the % of why I became a true blue, stayed one, and still find passion, that is 'just about football' is way less than 50%. I am also aware that I will the one leaving before club changes back to please me....against I've never hidden that. The idea of a 'new style, politically correct Rangers' is indeed truly ghastly and I wouldn't fund it...but I have ZERO expectations that anyone else think same, do the same, or 'follow my lead'.

I'm utterly convinced 55 will not happen this season due to points being docked. This, along with getting chucked out of Europe, is all FARE and the rest want. And they'll get it.

I wish we could have bought Bury or another teams license and fuc*ed off out of Scotland the place is overrun by rhabids.

Also, as per other thread, if you are in the "stop sectarian singing" camp then you are totally missing the bigger picture.
FARE and everyone else will just find something else to attack us with.
This is orchestrated, there is an agenda, they are singling us out and attacking us.
Sectarian singing has no place at Ibrox, however, it has no place in football yet it's allowed to continue unpunished elsewhere. We need to fight for equality here.

Well yeah because we played one European home tie in that time so didn't have any chance to do something that would be worthy of punishment.

Also FARE didn't have anything to do with this particular report.

How about making that never?

Of course not, where have I said or even intimated that. My point is FARE will just have us up on another trumped up charge even if we behave perfectly.

The idiots who sing the odd ons to some of our songs are hurting our club, no one else is.

We're being punished because some of our fans keep singing songs about 19th Century Terrorists, even though they are well aware that by doing so they risk harming the club.

Does anyone deny that these songs are still being sung?

If we all knew that these songs were not being sung, but FARE were lying and were saying they were, then I could understand the feelings of injustice.

But I'm afraid the situation is quite simple. There are songs that have been banned, that we have been punished for singing in the past, which some of our number continue to sing regardless - and then get up in arms when we get pulled up about it again.

You might like TBB. You might hate the fact that it's been banned. But it has been. UEFA don't want us singing it and they are not going to do a U-turn.

So here we are, again, with action being taken against the club we love and yet some want to blame everyone except those responsible.

We all know that we're going to hear it on sunday in response to this sanction, we have nobody to blame but ourselves

We'd need time...for too many years the club has retreated, and surrendered, making any fight now all but impossible. Also UEFA are opaque and don't explain decision. They can't be reasoned with.

I am 99% sure that simply dropping TBB won't make this go away though....so the 'simple solution' is to me far from simple.
We could always test that theory out.

Of course not, where have I said or even intimated that. My point is FARE will just have us up on another trumped up charge even if we behave perfectly.
I believe we should cut out the add on's and songs that play into this lot's hands

Self harm is no solution ,but don't mistake that for being happy to appease an organisation that has been set up to do nothing more than harm our club.

There is a battle to be fought there but in the correct manner, openly saying GIRUY is not the answer.

We need organisation, subtlety and nous.

People turning this into an us v them thing ought to be banned.

Genuinely can’t stand the constant need to reference them.

They were founded on sectarian principles let’s leave them to it.

Let’s honour our founding fathers and get back to why we were founded, for FOOTBALL.

We beat the Tim’s and wait for the cheer up Neil Lennon .....
Then it’ll be the SPFLs turn

This is sickening tbh guaranteed me and my sons tickets in BF2 are gonna get taken away by this stitch up.
And it is a stitch up.

I'd say it's a serious concern and at some point we, as a support, are going to have to take a big step back and have a serious think about what we want to do.

The only thing that I can think of is that this stuff won't come in from the SPL because of the fear that it will be turned around on the scum someday. Only takes a few resignations or some unforeseen circumstances and the rules are being applied in places they don't want the rules applied to.

At a minimum, our support still needs to be smarter. Being in a position to win the league and then missing out because of points deductions due to fan behavior doesn't bear thinking about.

This year will be close. Probably not more that 6 points between 1st and 2nd at the end of the season so we have to ask if this is a fire we actually want to play with right now?

I believe we should cut out the add on's and songs that play into this lot's hands

Self harm is no solution ,but don't mistake that for being happy to appease an organisation that has been set up to do nothing more than harm our club.

There is a battle to be fought there but in the correct manner, openly saying GIRUY is not the answer.

We need organisation, subtlety and nous.

I totally agree. There seems to be an attitude that you are justifying the add-ons if you point out the blatant corruption.

Both are wrong.

EOL we need to engage with these guys but we don't appear to have the will or the communication skills to do so.
King needs to give the club a day-to-day leader we can all respect as a champion of the club's interests on and off the pitch.
I am sure we know the names, seats and the like.

I am sure we know the names, seats and the like.

If you're talking about banning individuals then that's something else. Is it really beyond the skillset of executives at a major institution to bring representatives of the culprits on board? Stop seeing them as the enemy, give them a part to play in return for acting responsibly. The boolin' club committee approach demonstrably doesn't work.

Point deduction punishments will come as soon as we are > 3 points clear.
Pish. In my opinion.

We'll soon find out. We will continue to sing certain songs. And I don't believe we will get a points reduction, this season.

Yeah, but just stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists.

This isn't about the club Earl, it always comes back to a personal feeling of loss for you. Times change, everyone at some point has to face that things may be different and you might not always like it - be an adult and deal with it.

Times don't seem to have changed for the filth have they? And what is the problem?

They've all joined Rod Taylor and been whisked back in the time machine to a potato famine.

They want us crushed.

Don't hand them it on a plate them. Sing 4LHAD, Blue Sea of Ibrox and other Rangers songs & stop blabbing about the pope & proscribed groups and we're jamming.

The SPFL won’t do much purely because they know eventually their beloved Celtic will some day be on the wrong end of this.

Bit like the Offensive behaviour at football act which was popular when the yahoo supporting MSPs thought it was only going to be used against us then it suddenly became a terrible idea the minute they start getting arrested.

There is absolutely no appetite from either the SPFL or the SFA to do so due to the fact both Old Firm sides would have to be punished.
Furthermore anyone posting on here that points will be deducted in domestic games this season are incorrect and repeatedly doing so should result in a ban from this forum. There is no mechanism under the rules for this.

Back