A few words of clarification about Garry O'Hagen

mdingwall

Administrator
Several threads mentioned Garry O'Hagen, the Kilmarnock chief executive, as being "the guy who reported us to UEFA" as he was match delegate at the St Jospeh's game.

A couple of points.

1/ He was not the UEFA match delegate - that was a Norwegian.

2/ O'Hagen was there as he was there to observe what being a match delegate involves as he is training to be one.

3/ The info on which the complain was made was gathered by a member of FARE and passed to the match delegate.

We can have our views about O'Hagen's suitability to become a delegate but let's keep things factual.

Add FARE to the list of people the Club won’t challenge. Can’t believe we now have racism next to our name and we won’t challenge it m.

The proper term for the charges we faced is 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct' - only nobody has bothered to use that rather misleading and long-winded term.

This is how UEFA define 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct'.

Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

It goes, as you can see, way beyond what most of us would term 'racist'.

Article 14 in their Regs:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Several threads mentioned Garry O'Hagen, the Kilmarnock chief executive, as being "the guy who reported us to UEFA" as he was match delegate at the St Jospeh's game.

A couple of points.

2/ O'Hagen was there as he was there to observe what being a match delegate involves as he is training to be one.

3/ The info on which the complain was made was gathered by a member of FARE and passed to the match delegate.

We can have our views about O'Hagen's suitability to become a delegate but let's keep things factual.

Good to get that clarified. The problem with social media is a rumour is made and with in 2 hours it is being presented on other social media platforms as fact.

Could be viewed however as another example of one of them maneuvering himself into a position of influence.

A couple of points.

Just seen this. Can you delete my post Last minute winner v Killie and 6-1 pumping of Hibs.

A couple of points.

Fair enough I owe the guy an apology.
I suppose he couldn't have learned much about being a European delegate watching his own club.

It would be interesting to know if FARE stick to their own guidelines as to who they appoint as an observer for our games.

https://farenet.org/get-involved/report-discrimination/observer-scheme-faq/

Who are the Fare observers?
The Fare observers are experts who have been recruited through an open process from across Europe. All have background knowledge in anti- discrimination issues and fan scenes.
All observers speak the language of the teams they have been appointed to observe and are familiar with the corresponding fan cultures. The observers are working on a voluntary basis and are committed to being unbiased. They are not appointed as an observer at a game involving a team they follow themselves as supporters, or a close rival team.
All observers receive training and agree to a strict code of conduct before they start their work. Observers are independent individuals and are not required to be Fare members. Fare members, conversely, are not usually Fare observers.
To protect the personal safety of our observers, Fare guarantees their anonymity towards third parties and we vouch for the quality of their work. All reports are vetted and checked for quality.

It would be interesting to know if FARE stick to their own guidelines as to who they appoint as an observer for our games.

The Fare observers are experts who have been recruited through an open process from across Europe. All have background knowledge in anti- discrimination issues and fan scenes.
All observers speak the language of the teams they have been appointed to observe and are familiar with the corresponding fan cultures. The observers are working on a voluntary basis and are committed to being unbiased. They are not appointed as an observer at a game involving a team they follow themselves as supporters, or a close rival team.
All observers receive training and agree to a strict code of conduct before they start their work. Observers are independent individuals and are not required to be Fare members. Fare members, conversely, are not usually Fare observers.
To protect the personal safety of our observers, Fare guarantees their anonymity towards third parties and we vouch for the quality of their work. All reports are vetted and checked for quality.
Precisely. Just lies. Their agenda is plain for all to see.

A couple of points.

4lads dont mention FARE here

Add FARE to the list of people the Club won’t challenge. Can’t believe we now have racism next to our name and we won’t challenge it m.

We don't, we've been done under "Racism and other discriminatory conduct - Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction. "

It's clear, the club have accepted it, the Manager has accepted it, it seems the huge majority of fans have accepted it, it's time to move on.

Hate to disagree with you & I realise I face a slap for this

He reported the singing to the Norwegian delegate 100%, the club were informed on the night

Fare also made reports of 3 songs and singing in BF1

Grabs the tinfoil hat

Yes but what song or is it just ANY song. If you sing every other Saturday for instance is that banned? I believe it may well be as someone could be offended by it . It's too dangerous to sing any song at a UEFA game so I think that's the answer to save this trouble.

Fare is run by an anti-Rangers bigot. Sadly they have UEFA's ear. I wish it were otherwise but we can do very little to change these facts. What we can do is stop singing songs that could see us out of European competition and suffering the financial and competitive repercussions that would follow.

Time to stop the songs and add-ons. Focus on our ongoing return to superiority and highlighting their decades long cover-up.

Hypothetically, if the Norwegian chap didn’t understand the meaning of songs being sung, would he have someone willing to explain it to him?

Just saying!
Just similar to being an eyewitness in a murder case and telling the judge " I didn't see the murder myself but i was told all abut it.

We don't, we've been done under "Racism and other discriminatory conduct - Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction. "

It's clear, the club have accepted it, the Manager has accepted it, it seems the huge majority of fans have accepted it, it's time to move on.

We were actually done under Article 14 mate - but the wording is as you describe. Effectively ‘discriminatory behaviour’ rather than ‘racism’.

Most Norwegians speak perfect English and he's likely to have made himself familiar with previous charges or reports. And you can be sure the FARE delegate would know exactly what he was looking for.
They may speak perfect English but going to a place and learning the local dialect is totally different
Surely these thing must be recorded?

Hate to disagree with you & I realise I face a slap for this

He reported the singing to the Norwegian delegate 100%, the club were informed on the night

Fare also made reports of 3 songs and singing in BF1

Grabs the tinfoil hat

I don’t intend to engage in a spiral Of I know this, blah blah blah.

However, worth noting ANYONE can make a complaint to UEFA by bringing it to the attention of the delegate etc

The fact the delegate was Norwegian first mentioned about 11 hours ago in a news article and O’Hagen 7 hours ago.

The proper term for the charges we faced is 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct' - only nobody has bothered to use that rather misleading and long-winded term.

This is how UEFA define 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct'.

Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

It goes, as you can see, way beyond what most of us would term 'racist'.

Article 14 in their Regs:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf
So have their pals the paedos ever been cited for their anti british, pro terror, anti protestant bile?

19th Century Terrorist Apologist Rangers Enemies

Any c*nt called O'Hagen and associated with Kilmarnock is not to be trusted, doesn't take a lot to figure that out.

So have their pals the paedos ever been cited for their anti british, pro terror, anti protestant bile?

19th Century Terrorist Apologist Rangers Enemies

You don’t need me to answer that and I agree it’s clear we have been targeted by FARE. However, so long as UEFA keep finding we have a case to answer and imposing sanctions on us then pointing the finger elsewhere is going to get us nowhere. We have to clean up our own act first.

I wasn’t at the St Joseph’s game as I was on holiday so maybe I’m being unfair. Was there a massive sectarian problem at that match? I don’t remember reading about it on here at the time but now everyone seems to be convinced that our own fans are evil personified.

A couple of points.

Thanks.

You don’t need me to answer that and I agree it’s clear we have been targeted by FARE. However, so long as UEFA keep finding we have a case to answer and imposing sanctions on us then pointing the finger elsewhere is going to get us nowhere. We have to clean up our own act first.
FARE should be doing their job even-handedly. Us cleaning up our act should not be a pre-cursor to them still looking elsewhere. They don’t and that’s the issue that needs tackled.

Fare is run by an anti-Rangers bigot. Sadly they have UEFA's ear. I wish it were otherwise but we can do very little to change these facts. What we can do is stop singing songs that could see us out of European competition and suffering the financial and competitive repercussions that would follow.

Time to stop the songs and add-ons. Focus on our ongoing return to superiority and highlighting their decades long cover-up.
Having spent the last couple of hours on here there are many who would rather ignore your last paragraph and find others to blame. Futile

Wonder which Rangers fan has been selected by FARE to attend Parkpaed and listen and report on any pro IRA and anti British or anti Protestant songs which have been sung ?

We’re gonna kill our own club if we don’t do this.

1.Stop the sectarian singing & take their excuse away.

2.Only when 1 is complete, go after the haters with a detailed analysis & investigation to get supportive hard evidence of their ( FARE, SFA, O’Hagan or whoever ) bias. Get the evidence & publicise it to the relevant authority dependant upon what we find, SFA, UEFA, Police, etc.

We are working on 2 with respect to the child abuse scandal. Why can’t some intelligent & motivated bears do it for these haters ?

I wasn’t at the St Joseph’s game as I was on holiday so maybe I’m being unfair. Was there a massive sectarian problem at that match? I don’t remember reading about it on here at the time but now everyone seems to be convinced that our own fans are evil personified.

I was there and can’t remember anything specific.

Back