Hannah:McInnes still no 1 target

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Rodger Hannah said he is still no 1 target but board wont rush anything incase someone they didnt expect to apply does.

Probably made up sh1t again but thats what he said.

Last edited:
Firmly believe the board isn't that stupid

Either McIness is the right man or he isn't. If there's someone better out there, go find him — don't be idly waiting

IF this is the case then it smacks of, McInnes "will have to do" but we're not convinced so will wait a bit and hopefully something better will come up.

If McInnes is to be the new manager there is no way he can be in the opposition dugout for the double header with the sheep.

If true, and im now not convinced it is, id be pissed off if I was McIness at the lack of actually moving and showing a desire.

Whether you want him or not, it's also a bit of a slap in the face to McInnes as well.

It’s frankly embarrassing.

It really highlights how indecisive our current selection committee are.

McInnes has every right to up his demands come negotiations.

Robertson and Park aren’t much of a dream team come contractual negotiations. Whoever we choose, I hope the length of contract isn’t daft.

If true, this smacks of McInnes not being the unanimous board choice and they are holding out in the hope someone applies that all board members can buy into.

It’s embarrassing in my opinion.

Pedro was walking in dead man’s shoes for weeks and it seems we didn’t think to make off-the-record plans for succession.

I’ll admire King and co for all time for getting the club back, but day-to-day running seems beyond them.

Would anybody really be surprised if we had actually been in some form of discussion with McInnes and/or Stewart Milne recently and it is being kept well under wraps? I wouldn't.

This move (if it happens) has a major effect on the sheep so it would make sense for both clubs to have all their ducks in a row prior to any announcement that we have asked formally to speak to the Aberdeen manager (they have to get one in place also remember). Once the formal approach is made it could all happen very quickly.

The above might not be the case but it would hardly be a shock if it was.

IF this is the case then it smacks of, McInnes "will have to do" but we're not convinced so will wait a bit and hopefully something better will come up.
A view I can sympathise with.

McInnes is not who I want as Rangers manager. The problem is I have been underwhelmed with any of the alternatives so far mentioned.

Hopefully the board will pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise as all.

Regardless if Hannah being right or wrong, the board seem to be making an arse of this. The international break was when this should of been done & dusted.

I think the board have set a time for Mciness.Everyone has their own view on timing,the board will have their own opinion what is the best time.

I don't believe for a minute this is true. The board may be a lot of things but I believe they go through proper procedures. Hannah is talking shite to try and look in the know.

What IF the DoF is out there trying to headhunt a manager, asking the question do you want to be Rangers manager and doing due diligence on his target.

See how easy it is to put stuff in the public domain.

A view I can sympathise with.

McInnes is not who I want as Rangers manager. The problem is I have been underwhelmed with any of the alternatives so far mentioned.

Hopefully the board will pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise as all.
That's where I am on this mate.

'Mon the rabbit !!

I’ll admire King and co for all time for getting the club back, but day-to-day running seems beyond them.

Certainly does - if you believe some of the made-up shite in the press (they don't have the first idea of what is going on).

The people leading the managerial hunt must be helluva naive if they seriously think that McInnes would take the Rangers job now. He should have been approached weeks ago and won't want to work with a board that sleep walks into disaster at every turn.

Bear in mind that the hunt apparently is being led by Mark Allen who was appointed by Stewart Robertson so Stewart must have been impressed by Allen's PowerPoint skills as well as 'the cut of his gib'!

If he is number one then why the delay ?
If back channels with Aberdeen are not ongoing re compo then the delay must be debating whether or not the compo amount is worth it.
Any discussion re compo must be on stage payments as the contract will state what amount is payable depending on the stage in the timeline of the contract. That is unlikely to be negotiable.
If it is we are waiting to see if we get a better offer then it not only looks amateurish but DM must feel pissed off.

Would anybody really be surprised if we had actually been in some form of discussion with McInnes and/or Stewart Milne recently and it is being kept well under wraps? I wouldn't.

This move (if it happens) has a major effect on the sheep so it would make sense for both clubs to have all their ducks in a row prior to any announcement that we have asked formally to speak to the Aberdeen manager (they have to get one in place also remember). Once the formal approach is made it could all happen very quickly.

The above might not be the case but it would hardly be a shock if it was.

It would be a complete shock to me with this board of directors.

They could and should have appointed him before, eventually got rid of the previous Manager but left a vaccuum by not being clear as to what was going on. No-one expects names but it all feels disjointed. Eventually we got a statement that felt like they had to put it out and there appears little clarity over their timeline, let alone clear direction as to the way forward. People don’t really know the brief of the Director of Football and the extent of his involvement in the process. What if the preferred candidate turns out someone who doesn’t want to work under a DoF? We talk of a structure but there appears not to be one.

Back