Big Sam out of Everton running.

Tebsin55

What's the chances of big sam being second favourite with the media come tomorrow morning??

And do the bears think he is in any list we have? Thoughts? :):)

I heard him the other day when asked about a job and if he had been contacted and he replied "well I have been in Scotland for a few days so no"

I did only just catch a bit of it on Talksport but it did get me thinking.

Really don't see it myself given our financial situation and of course his apparent compensation.

I heard him the other day when asked about a job and if he had been contacted and he replied "well I have been in Scotland for a few days so no"

I did only just catch a bit of it on Talksport but it did get me thinking.

Really don't see it myself given our financial situation and of course his apparent compensation.

He was at an LMA jolly, or a speaking engagement. I forget which.

Alan Brazil asked him a week ago something like 'are you going to be heading up to Glasgow' and he just laughed it off.

Don't think he'd have applied for our job but we might have approached him.

Either way, can't see it.

Alan Brazil asked him a week ago something like 'are you going to be heading up to Glasgow' and he just laughed it off.

See above. Mischief making.

He is top of my list that's for sure

Come up here for two years , stop this run that they are on , celebrate 55 and have the biggest achievement on your cv

Our lack of budget and being asked to take the title off the mentally challengeds in the near future, whilst being financially uncompetitive, will see most managers decline us due to them knowing that 2nd is nothing in Scotland.

Hes never been at a club as big as ours but could still do a job

I think cash and/or a luxurious lifestyle is king for Sam and I don't think we can offer either unfortunately.
I say unfortunately because I think the way he can operate a club from the bottom and the challenge we would provide would fit his style and character.

I think this will be another one you will hear from in a few years time saying he had a chance to go to Rangers, didn't and regrets a missed opportunity.

Maybe if circumstances were different then it could have been a possibility.

I don't know how he would fair up here as he is normally involved in building sides to survive, where as up here the pressure would be on for him to win every week, it would be a different style than he's had to implement over the course of the majority of his career.

That being said, I think it would appeal to the ego of Big Sam, come up here, build a side to stop the megalomaniac Rodgers and his "Tikky takky bollocks" potentially win a title, something he has never done and pretty much write himself into the history books.

I think it's a non starter unfortunately.

Hes never been at a club as big as ours but could still do a job

The Rangers job and Scottish football isn’t as appealing as it once was say 10, 20 or 30 years ago. I don’t like it either but it’s the harsh reality.

Football is no longer about getting to the biggest club you can. It’s about managing a shit club in England for a few million a year, regularly spending 30-60M on transfer fees every summer and winning nothing in your lifetime.

Big Sam was offered 100k a week until the end of the season and he rejected it as he wanted a longer contract. No way is he coming here for 15-16k a week which is what Pedro was on.

Is the compo due if he goes to a non English club?

How much do you get for getting to champions league group stages. According to Scottish media anything up to £30m. So say to big Sam or someone of his elk and ego get us there and we’ll give you a £5m bonus

Is the compo due if he goes to a non English club?

How much do you get for getting to champions league group stages. According to Scottish media anything up to £30m. So say to big Sam or someone of his elk and ego get us there and we’ll give you a £5m bonus
His reply will be no.
He’ll want £2.5m a year and a big backroom staff and a big budget.
No chance.

I read he was after 100,000 a week at Everton. Unless he changes that to "per year", I do not think he will up for it.

Know a guy that worked with big Sam at clubs down south. Tells stories about away games in hotels when the management team would crash weddings led by big Sam, doing karaoke etc and getting so pished that the physio staff could hardly massage the players pre game.

Sounds like a great big guy to be honest but perhaps not why we need right now

The USA job will look like gravy to Allardyce.

Pots of cash swimming around, lots of media so he can pontificate shite to his hearts content and be lauded as some sort of guru, and relatively piss easy qualifying groups.

Know a guy that worked with big Sam at clubs down south. Tells stories about away games in hotels when the management team would crash weddings led by big Sam, doing karaoke etc and getting so pished that the physio staff could hardly massage the players pre game.

Sounds like a great big guy to be honest but perhaps not why we need right now
These sort of antics would not surprise me and you are right, certainly are not what we need right now.

Does he really strike you as a man who who will give up big money elsewhere to pursue such a challenge.

Exactly. This is the guy who lost the England job because he was caught scratching around for a few hundred grand.

I fail to see why he’d entertain us when he can earn 3 or 4 times more elsewhere.

Back