Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

We managed that terribly at the end, that could quite easily have been a draw. Just be sensible and see the game out, we won't always get away with it like that.

Still very happy with the three points.

Hard fought win, but I'll take that any day of the week. Doesn't matter if we win ugly sometimes.

Delighted for big Barisic - hopefully it's just a minor knock and he can kick on from this. He looked totally ecstatic when he scored it too.

Hearts have only won twice at the piggery in the last 10 years. 1 draw. They really have an awful record there. Maybe due something, though!

Today had all the potential to be a massive banana skin but one we avoided so that's a very important 3 points.

This afternoon I will be mostly a Jambo.

Laboured is the only way to describe that. We'd settled for a 1-0 as soon as the goal went in it seemed to me.

Who cares? Its 3 points. That was the goal and, at this stage, that's all that matters.

Make no mistake that's another Huge result for us, another like the Kilmarnock game, uncomfortable and not at our best but 3 points in the bag, well done Rangers

Also a big shout out to our support today who behaved impeccably and I didnt hear any bad songs being sung

Professional performance against a team that played not to lose. Fantastic free kick and great support. We move to Thursday.

Games after an away game in Europe are always hard. Especially against a rmtwam who set out to draw 0-0. All in all I’m quite happy, our next 2 games are huge.

Great 3 points. Stuffy away game against a team sitting in and packing the edge of the box. Just need to find a way to win games like this. And we did.

Bad performance but we take the 3 points. Unless we get some attacking options in that final 3rd I feel we are going to be found wanting though in these games where teams sit in.

Not sure why we play with so many holding midfielders when the other team are barely good enough to string 3 or 4 passes together.

Won't go down well on here, but Kamara slows us down too much. He seldom, if ever, sprints with the ball. He trots around the pitch playing simple passes. Jack is now miles ahead of him.

Last season that may well have been 2 points out of 6 from our first two away fixtures.

That's the type of result that wins titles (especially after a European away day).

3 points in the bag at a difficult place to get a result. Job done .
We’re not going to win this league playing like Brazil every week.
Happy with our ability to score and protect the lead till the final whistle

All 3 St Mirren games have been 1-0.

Ours was much better than Aberdeen's :))

Reactions: ao2
Will take that. New it was gonna be similar to last year's game. Controlled it a wee bit better.
The worry is, without Barasic super free click. It would have been a slip up. Be plenty of games.like this when your opposition's only aim is to stop us winning and to hell with everything else.

Back