Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Three points is three points. A massive win given that the next two games are highly important to us. Sure, it wasn't a high octave level, but when we are up against 11 players in defence, even when we were 1-0 up, it was clear that Saint Boo would be happy with a draw. After an energy-sapping game in Warsaw, I'm very happy with the outcome. Roll on Thursday.

Thought Jones was poor. Couple of times caught on his toes with crosses into the box.

Defoe could have done better with his two chances.

Jack was good again.

Generally think we are still missing a wee spark for these type of games but will take the win.

Clancy had a few wtf decisions.

Just turned on the radio and by feck are the Beeb hurting...going on about the "stonewall" penalty , we hardly created a chance of note and how a draw was more of a fair result...Just WTF?
They also claim ST Boo had 60% possession of the game?

Another frustrating 90 minutes, and we are going to get a lot of that this season. St Mirren weren't interested in getting forward until around the 90 minute mark and are a dreadful side, that's them had two 1-0 defeats and a 1-0 win :rolleyes:

Not pretty. St Mirren no interest in anything but spoiling and that’s not easy to break down when you don’t shoot from outside the box or have someone who can get round the back
Goal worthy of winning any game.
3 games, 3 wins before next week. All we could do.
One thing though- if we’re winning a game by one we need to be more sensible in game management.
Both Alfie and King had opportunities to keep the ball in the corner and didn’t take them.
We gave them at least one chance in injury time.
If we’d conceded the gaffer would have been raging and rightly so.
Hope Greegsy’s OK

Can Helander appeal that ridiculous booking on the grounds of mistaken identity, as it was the St. Mirren’s player that tripped his own player. Clancy with his custom incompetency.

After a tough European game on Thursday, warm day today, and a team who just sat in I will take that.

It wasn’t great, but it probably won’t be the last time we have to grind it out this season.

Pleased for Barisic, I’m one of his biggest critics, but hopefully that will give him some belief and he can kick on from here.

Stuck radio Scotland on at half time and full time, all they are crawing about is st Mirren should have had a penalty!!! I presume they are talking about when the striker pulled down Helander then tripped over him! They really hate us winning.
If they love that type of football St Mirren play? The games a phuckin bogey..St Mirren more or less done phuck all the whole game apart from the chance near the end and also a wild cross that nearly went in

Defoe could have made that a much easier afternoon if he had brought his shooting boots.

Apologies to Barisic, who I didn't want starting. Some amount of quality in that goal

Don't think we played all that badly. But I don't think we played all that well either

3pts. Top of the league. Onto Warsaw and the mhanky chunts.

EDIT: Clancy was absolutely diabolical again. How Helander gets booked for a player literally tripping over his own feet is beyond me. Scottish refs aren't great, but he is fn dire

Pedestrian performance. 3 points. Job done. Last season we may have drawn. Delighted and we move on. Kudos to the support too.

I'm happy with the win and 3 point's
Last season we struggled for 3 league wins in a row at times.
God knows what this place will be like when we loss a league game

While our midfield looks solid,with all the simple square balls there’s not much creativity apart from Aribo. We kept feeding out balls toTav for him to hit a series of hopeful crosses. I thought Davis looked a cut above when he came on.

As at Kilmarnock set pieces are crucial. For that reason alone I think Katic should always start these league games.

We huffed today but three points in the bag.

I hope this is the confidence booster BB needs as he's our only LB

Just back in from a golf tournament gutted to miss the game today but glad of the 3 points was also pleased to see Borna Bear scored

Not a classic but 3 points. Absolutely hate the teams that play 10 men behind the ball virtually all game, at least half of our league. We were never close to losing this or conceding a late goal - onward and upward - c'mon the Hearts

we do need to take our chances, we tried too hard through the middle and Arfield was poor but I will take that every second week, not at Ibrox though, onwards and upwards long way to go, lets beat the Poles on Thursday then the scum at the weekend and we will all be happy little bears

Just checked Sky's match report (so far) and this jumped out:

85' -- Filip Helander (Rangers) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

"Bad foul".
Jeez, even if it HAD been Helander who tripped him, it was hardly a "bad foul".

We got there eventually and scored the only way we were going to. We simply must get more shots away at goal when we're in, or around, the box, too much trying to walk it in. But the points are safe, so now for Legia.

Three games. Three wins. Top of the League.
Not pretty today but you need two teams willing to play football if you want a beautiful game

St Mirren today epitomises what's wrong with Scottish football we were pedestrian today possibly because of the opposition having 11 men behind the ball but we will never know as St Mirren never attempted to win the game up until the time added on when they tried for a draw, who knows had they tried to make a game of it our exertions in Europe might have caught up with us, apart from the mhanks games this is what we have to experience all season ffs even the sheep at home put 11 behind the ball.

Well Done Rangers
Three points in the bag
Top of the league - for now at least

I don't want to spoil anything & I know I'm being picky - but we do need to get improvement from Kamara & Arfield - for the games coming up -

I really hope Shagger isn't injured for the games coming up either

But enough of the negatives - good result - great goal - let's get ready for Thusday

Back