Our Fans today

Let's see how some of the commentators on here lately square the UVF songs. I may well be wrong, but I predict that come tomorrow there'll be little or no reaction from the media, despite the hysteria on here. Fair play if I'm wrong.

Magnificent, Class, didn’t let the Club down. None of which will be said in tomorrow’s press so felt the need to highlight it. Well done Lads.
Agreed - I was dreading it today but glad to admit I was wrong. The template for all future games

The ‘We are no Sectarian’ dirge has more than had its day in light of recent events and is cringeworthy in the extreme.

Tbh I think if we could leave out all the UVF/UDA associated songs and stick to Rangers / Orange ones for the time being (minus the F word where necessary!) that would be best for everyone until we find out where things stand. The Loyalist ones are increasingly likely to be used as the next stick to beat us with and are ever more irrelevant to us as a club moving forward.

And assuming that shower of filth across the city keep up their IRA theme park vibe every game we as a club and fan base need to be highlighting their every act and bring this all out into the open and expose the hypocrisy. Could be just the opening we need to expose them, but we need to make sure we don’t leave ourselves exposed when going on the offensive against our enemies

91st minute super rangers started up, it died out quickly but it was heard on bt sports comms . I deleted my post incase some terrier read it but it was clear on the comms anyway
91st minute super rangers started up, it died out quickly but it was heard on bt sports comms . I deleted my post incase some terrier read it but it was clear on the comms anyway
Terrier did you say, is that what you call them now.

Fans did well today.

I was a little concerned it'd have been all out defiance or petulant sulk.

90 mins of backing, and whilst I'd prefer all Rangers song that's nitpicking on my part. Some old songs getting a rare airing - liked The Rangers Chorus

These UVF songs need to go they have nothing to do with rangers and the 19th Century Terrorist references aswell will the fans never learn ffs wont be long till the SPFL take UEFA stance and start deducting pts which they would be dying to do

The ‘We are no Sectarian’ dirge has more than had its day in light of recent events and is cringeworthy in the extreme.

Tbh I think if we could leave out all the UVF/UDA associated songs and stick to Rangers / Orange ones for the time being (minus the F word where necessary!) that would be best for everyone until we find out where things stand. The Loyalist ones are increasingly likely to be used as the next stick to beat us with and are ever more irrelevant to us as a club moving forward.

And assuming that shower of filth across the city keep up their IRA theme park vibe every game we as a club and fan base need to be highlighting their every act and bring this all out into the open and expose the hypocrisy. Could be just the opening we need to expose them, but we need to make sure we don’t leave ourselves exposed when going on the offensive against our enemies
Never had any time for that one even when was going to every away match. You've got to wonder about some folks mentality.

Meant to add.

It's important now for the club to come out and follow up their communication from last week.

It's not practical to come out with a list of you can't sing this or this is allowed, but it is possible to come out after the game and say - "The fans were brilliant" or to say "X and Y were good but we need the fans to watch Z". That can't be criticised by the media or the club's enemies whilst it does help give the fans some clarification

Let's see how some of the commentators on here lately square the UVF songs. I may well be wrong, but I predict that come tomorrow there'll be little or no reaction from the media, despite the hysteria on here. Fair play if I'm wrong.

The mhanks have been getting away with the IRA stuff for years so be interesting to see what the media say.

Personally would love us to ditch it but we are where we are. We cant complain about them singing IRA songs if we are doing the same with the UVF/UDA stuff.

Heard super Rangers pipe up with a very tiny minority chanting the fb bit. Thought the fans were great today was expecting a backlash but they done well.

The fans were loud and backed the team - good.

The songs weren't all acceptable and a songsheet similar in any UEFA game this season will see severe punishment.

Rather than gloss over it, we need to call it out and fix it.
I'd reckon 75% of songs where I watched from in the North Stand were Ulster and UVF related. Personally, the latter should be confined to a different place, they don't do us any favours.

Back